The Clash RULE!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
Haven't listened to them in a while, but currently listening to the New York Palladium show I found off some dodgy Manics FTP. The sound is awful but the energy really shines through, and shows how f**king great they were.

Any point to this...well, um, what's everyone's favourite Clash song/album?

Love love love the clash....
My favourite tune by them changes every day...they are fucking awesome.:drool:
Straight to Hell is my song at the moment.
I'm outta vodka so look out.:der: :lmao:

sorry yertle, after the experience I have just enjoyed

the Clash may have momentarily worn the crown..

but for ever more it shall grace the heads of
:larry: :adam: :bono: :edge:
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

edge will have a bit of an eminem thing going on with the crown over his beanie.
U2 rule...OK?
imho
*cass-schoo nut**

London Calling is my all-time favorite album. That thing is STACKED with great songs. There's not a bad one on there. Something for everybody and every mood on that album. I love that thing. The Clash's first album is quite good too. I LOVE the Clash, I was very very sad the day Joe Strummer died.

u2popmofo said:
London Calling is my all-time favorite album. That thing is STACKED with great songs. There's not a bad one on there. Something for everybody and every mood on that album. I love that thing. The Clash's first album is quite good too. I LOVE the Clash, I was very very sad the day Joe Strummer died.
Don't make me go back there:der:
I'm just SLIGHTLY getting over Joe.:scream:

the clash are one of the best bands EVER.

favourite songs? oh man, that's like listing favourite u2 songs, i can't do it...but i can try...

garageland
rudie can't fail
straight to hell
complete control
white man in hammersmith palais
hate & war
capital radio one
spanish bombs
death or glory
washington bullets
somebody got murdered
lost in the supermarket
train in vain
london's burning
safe european home
all the young punks
stay free
rock the casbah

and about a gazillion more...

favourite album?? hmmm...that's a difficult decision...i like the self titled album, u.k. version though...although the u.s. version has "complete control" and "white man in hammersmith palais"...and then you've got london calling...and i love sandinista! and hey, combat rock and give em enough rope aren't anything to scoff at!!!!

i still can't beleive that joe strummer died...that makes me really sad...don't want to think about that...

r.i.p joe strummer

:(

No one else likes The Clash? Unforgiveable. Seriously, you'd think with all the stuff Bono/U2 has said about The Clash over the years that EVERY U2 fan should be REQUIRED to own London Calling or The Clash - The Singles. How sad is this? I can let people not being into AFI slide, but not liking The Clash? Who here wants to go on a cross-country butt kicking trip with me, like on Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back?

I'm listening to Straight to Hell right now, amazing song.
The Clash will be missed.

You can come with me, but hopefully you'll have a haircut by then. I hate dirty hippies.

PS- make sure to bring your butchers knife and tophat.

u2popmofo said:
You can come with me, but hopefully you'll have a haircut by then. I hate dirty hippies.

PS- make sure to bring your butchers knife and tophat.

sure thing

*listening to "striaght to hell"*

and bumping this thread. cos it should be something going into multiple pages...REPLY!

I KNOW THERE ARE MORE CLASH FANS OUT THERE!

i know there's someone who's got "radio clash" as a sig

If you can play on the fiddle
How's about a British jig and reel?
Speaking King's English in quotation
As railhead towns feel the steel mills rust water froze
In the generation
Clear as winter ice
This is your paradise

There ain't no need for ya
Go straight to hell boys

Y'wanna join in a chorus
Of the Amerasian blues?
When it's Christmas out in Ho Chi Minh City
Kiddie say papa papa papa papa-san take me home
See me got photo photo
Photograph of you
Mamma Mamma Mamma-san
Of you and Mamma Mamma Mamma-san
Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola it's rice.

Straight to hell
Oh Papa-san
Please take me home
Oh Papa-san
Everybody they wanna go home
So Mamma-san says

You wanna play mind-crazed banjo
On the druggy-drag ragtime U.S.A.?
In Parkland International
Hah! Junkiedom U.S.A.
Where procaine proves the purest rock man groove
and rat poison
The volatile Molatov says-

PSSST...
HEY CHICO WE GOT A MESSAGE FOR YA...
VAMOS VAMOS MUCHACHO
FROM ALPHABET CITY ALL THE WAY A TO Z, DEAD, HEAD

Go straight to hell

Can you really cough it up loud and strong
The immigrants
They wanna sing all night long
It could be anywhere
Most likely could be any frontier
Any hemisphere
No man's land and there ain't no asylum here
King Solomon he never lived round here

Go straight to hell boys

In honor of this thread, I'm going to listen to London Calling on campus today!

i listened to everyhting i've got on cds...which was thre "clash on broadway" box, selftitled album u.k version, london calling, and the live album "from here to eternity"

i could go all out in honour of the thread and watch "westway to the world" but my dvd player is acting up :mad:

yes we do rule, now if we could just get some other people to rule with us

you can crush us
you can bruise us
but you'll have to answer to
oh the guns of brixton

has anyone heard the dropkick murphy's version of that? it's not bad

Guns of Brixton is one of my favorite Clash songs also. I listened to that today. I like. I'll have to try to download their version.

Ok, I have to say this yet again, I cant believe there arent more The Clash fans here. I mean, I've heard and seen U2, particularly Bono, go on and on and on and on about The Clash. Bono always talks about how the first concert he ever went to was the Clash. I've heard Bono say that The Clash are the only band that he would never have wanted to play after (because you're going to have a heck of a time following that act!)

U2 fans, YOU MUST GO BUY LONDON CALLING OR THE CLASH - THE SINGLES IF YOU DONT HAVE THEM!!!!!! YOU CANNOT CONSIDER YOURSELF A TRUE MUSIC FAN IF YOU DONT LIKE THE CLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guns Of Brixton is excellent...

How did all the Clash-heads here get into the Clash? For me it was odd...I got into them about two years ago, when I was first getting into all this music. I've heard of them (but not heard them) and thought they were some rubbish three chord shouting stuff. I went out and bougth Garbage's s/t debut one day, and on 'Stupid Girl' they took the loop from 'Train In Vain'. I didn't know what a loop was, but I downloaded the song anyway and was blown away. I got a couple more tracks and ran out to buy London Calling some weeks later, and proceeded to wear it out. Sadly I do not have all their material - I'm missing Give 'Em Enough Rope (I'd better run out and get this one) and I have the US version of their first album compared to the UK one (which is supposedly better), and no, I do not own Sandinista!, but I have the other albums and the live album. Sigh, call myself a fan.

Woo-hoo!!!

I LOVE the Clash. Love, love, love them!!!

Favorite album is London Calling, closely followed by The Clash.

Favorite songs:

White Man in Hammersmith Palais
Train in Vain
Guns of Brixton
This is Radio Clash
London Calling
Should I Stay Or Should I Go?
Revolution Rock
Bankrobber
White Riot
The Magnificent Seven
Clampdown
Police and Thieves (excellent cover)

I need to stop cos I'll keep listing all damn day!

Oh yeah, and I have this big thing for Paul... :drool:

03posesimonon10.jpg

04posesimonon06.jpg

02posesimonon02.jpg

Oh man....so sexy.

Also, the Mescaleros are wonderful. Huge bummer about Joe...it certainly made me have a blue Christmas...

but there's got to be MORE clash fans here...

let's see, i started listening to the clash probably about two years ago, because i'd read about them. they kept popping up in articles and interviews with my other favourite bands at the time...i was in a used record shop waiting for these old people to move away from the local rock section so i could look for a cd from my favourite local band, and i was standing in the rock section near bands that start withthe letter C, and decided that i needed to hear the clash since i'd heard of them so many times...it's one of those stores where you can listen before you buy the cd, and i never got around to checking the local rock section cos i didn't have enough money for two cds, and i had to get the clash album--u.k version of the self-titled

my 12th grade math teacher was a huge clash fan, and he lent me a tape of big audio dynamite's first album...and my grandma got me a copy of "global a go-go" for christmas that year

i've got give em enough rope, sandinista, combat rock, and the u.s. version of the self titled album on vinyl...which kind of sucks because at school when i don't have my record player, i don't get to hear a lot of really great clash stuff

I bought my first Clash album (The Singles) after watching that VH1 Punk Rock documentary thing. I liked it a lot and read a lot about how good London Calling was, so I bought that. At first I didnt really like London Calling, I was expecting more punky stuff like their first album time period songs, but a few months later I listened to it again and realized I worshipped the whole album. Then I bought their first album (UK Version) last year. Those are the only 3 Clash cds I own.

Ivan meets GI Joe

Well I've always been a fan of The Clash, but didn't start getting into them seriously until college...

London Calling is on my top 5 list of favorite albums ever. Another bonus of having VH1 Classics (well, I only get to see it at home) is seeing Clash videos, the best of course being Rock the Casbah, one of the funniest videos ever!

Bummer. They also have one for London Calling, and it's just them performing the song at night in the rain, and VH1 Classics also show live videos too. Good stuff!

Back
Top Bottom