The "Check this shit out" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
man man
love as laughter
red wanting blue
ugly casanova
modest mouse
stex
etc etc

Giving a shout out for local music:

The Long Winters - "Cinammon" Not the greatest recording, but short of uploading the track myself, it's the best I could do.

And that's against the rules!!!!!!!!

Anyway. I'm a little drunk on Thanksgiving champage and my mom is shouting at the TV for the Packers ... you'll have to forgive me.

But here's a clip. Good stuff - smart pop from Seattle.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lRRdwkA4NtM

Re: Re: The "Check this shit out" thread

u2popmofo said:

Like I said, my favourite hip hop track. This one's got a few memories, both of last summer and of NYC. :love:

I remember the first time I heard it. I had just gotten into a fight over MSN with my (now ex-) girlfriend (she lived in Edmonton for the summer), and it was 4 am and I was depressed as hell. This is just when I was starting to get into hip-hop, but I really had only heard a little Tupac besides what was on BET every day. I turned the TV on and flipped over to Muchmusic and the video for Respiration was on. I couldn't believe it. It blew my mind the first time I heard it, and so I started downloading a lot of Mos Def and Black Star. I'd say Respiration is the track that really got me into good rap.

Then I went to New York. I hadn't realized how true most of those lyrics were until I got there. But shit, I could feel that city breathe, man.

:sigh:

Respiration might just be my favourite song of all time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom