The Celebrity Apprentice - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2008, 05:57 PM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 07:38 PM
The Celebrity Apprentice

Did anyone else catch the season premiere of The Celebrity Apprentice?

Gene Simmons seems to be the biggest publicity whore in the world recently - however as long as KISS keep rocking I don't care too much.

Anyhow - Omorosa is as annoying as ever - however I can't wait until something really doesn't go her way again and she feigns another injury. Did they even show Nadia Comeneci at all? I love the fact that Donald Trump is still plying his 'hard arse firing' schtick.

I must say I enjoyed this much more than I thought I would.

Perhaps I'll file this one under 'guilty pleasure'.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:58 PM   #2
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 11:38 AM
I am embarrassed to admit I watched this last night. Actually there was nothing else on at 9pm and I was multi tasking as the show was on. I am sickened by Omorosa, even more so that the Producers would put her on this show. She is such a BITCH. I couldn't believe how she spoke to her team-mates especially to Marilu Henner who early on spoke up about using their Celebrity to bring in big money donations for hot dogs. Omorosa didn't want to cash in on their Celebrity. Ummmmm......isn't that what this show is all about? Not so sure how the rest of the season is going to go or who will end up in the end still standing. On the flip side, it's great they WILL raise so much money for the selective charities.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:59 AM   #3
War Child

Thats the thing - the money all goes to charity (though I hate to say this but how legit is it for a "celebrity" to donate to a family charity likje Stephen Baldwin did??) so it is a good idea. Just think if they pulled nearly $70,000 in one day, you could guestimate a million or so could be raised by the shows end. I also have read that Trump will make a donation to the overall winner's charity as well.

Omorosa is appalling - but it is also obvious the producers are showing her at her worst moments. Someone can't be that ignorant and annoying 24/7 - surely?

And good old Gene Simmons - he seems so dignified and aloof in the first episode - its hilarious. KISS are playing the Melbourne Grand Prix this year - I may just have to take a long a "YOU'RE FIRED, GENE" sign!!
Old 01-05-2008, 11:45 AM   #4
The Fly

Local Time: 01:38 PM
Boardrooms are boring without George and Carolyn. Spawn of Donald have no talent for a wry turn of phrase
Old 01-05-2008, 07:42 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:38 PM
haha being a kiss fan its such a pleasure to watch gene make an ass out of himself, but still be able to kick so much ass on the show...

genius..

Quote:
Originally posted by thatsnotmypuppy
Thats the thing - the money all goes to charity (though I hate to say this but how legit is it for a "celebrity" to donate to a family charity likje Stephen Baldwin did??) so it is a good idea. Just think if they pulled nearly $70,000 in one day, you could guestimate a million or so could be raised by the shows end. I also have read that Trump will make a donation to the overall winner's charity as well.

Omorosa is appalling - but it is also obvious the producers are showing her at her worst moments. Someone can't be that ignorant and annoying 24/7 - surely?

And good old Gene Simmons - he seems so dignified and aloof in the first episode - its hilarious. KISS are playing the Melbourne Grand Prix this year - I may just have to take a long a "YOU'RE FIRED, GENE" sign!!
Old 01-06-2008, 12:19 PM   #6
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 03:38 PM

I've watched every season of The Apprentice, but I really though that last season in L.A. with the tents sucked. I was hoping for a return to original form, so I was bummed to hear it was going to be a celebrity gimmick (at least it's for charity though). Still, I figured I'd give it a try. I gotta say, it was more entertaining than I thought it would be...but I still wish we'd gotten a season in the original format.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 01-06-2008, 09:33 PM   #7
Blue Crack Overdose

I did not like the season with the tents and didn't watch that one.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:55 PM   #8
Refugee

Local Time: 12:38 PM
I admit to watching this. Hey, with the writer's strike, there's not a lot of options right now!

Anyway, it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be either. Omarosa is such a fucking bitch and she knows it! That's her only gimmick. I think she should have been fired, but the Donald is keeping her around for drama, cuz he thinks it will be better for ratings. I can't lie... she is more entertaining to watch than that no-name Playboy chic.

Gene Simmons cracks me up. I think he'll be fun to watch! Big Pussy seems to be a loud mouth already. He's gonna butt heads with people. But the worst is that english dude Piers something... Ugh! That dude is on my last nerve!

Did anyone else notice that Ivanka's boobs are HUGE?? I actually didn't notice until my hubby pointed it out (go figure ) Those have to be new!
Old 01-07-2008, 02:37 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by thatsnotmypuppy
Thats the thing - the money all goes to charity (though I hate to say this but how legit is it for a "celebrity" to donate to a family charity likje Stephen Baldwin did??)
The Baldwin charity is a very legit charity: http://www.findacure.org/
Its a charity for breast cancer research named in honor of their mother who was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1990, the 4 brothers have been active for years with it, running an annual golf tournament amongst many other fundraisers. If you read some of the site, you'll see that since 1996 the fund has donated $2.35 million for research grants for breast cancer. Stephen Baldwin may be a bit of a clown, but his dedication to this cause and its legitimacy are unquestionable.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:11 AM   #10
Blue Crack Overdose

I was pleased with the Baldwin's choice of charity. Any organization that collects money has to be registered somehow to make them "legit" or non profit or something, don't they?
Old 01-08-2008, 08:30 AM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie

for an organization to be a non-profit they have to apply for and recieve non-profit status from the IRS, commomly called a 501(c)3. While non-profit designations range all the way to 14 I believe a general term is 501(c)3. If an organization has this status they are "tax exempt" and donations to them are considered to be tax write offs by contributors. I'm bet the Donald made sure the charities were legit.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:38 PM   #12
New Yorker

tonight's board room
Old 01-18-2008, 09:12 AM   #13
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

It was so obvious that Donald wanted Gene to take in Nelly so that Nelly could be fired. Let's face it...most people know who Gene is, he is a big draw to get people to watch. Donald would have much rather kept Gene around, and Nelly had a perfect reason for getting fired.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 01-18-2008, 09:50 AM   #14
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick
It was so obvious that Donald wanted Gene to take in Nelly so that Nelly could be fired. Let's face it...most people know who Gene is, he is a big draw to get people to watch. Donald would have much rather kept Gene around, and Nelly had a perfect reason for getting fired.
I didn't watch last night, but I'm glad Nely got fired simply because her plastic surgery disturbed me.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:37 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Golightly Grrl

I didn't watch last night, but I'm glad Nely got fired simply because her plastic surgery disturbed me.
Nely didn't get fired, Gene did.