the caribou of manitoba

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
as if it wasn't completely obvious to everyone that canadians are making the best music in the world these days, further confirmation can be found in caribou, formerly known as manitoba.

yes, that's right. he's from the prairies. something my precious province can hold its pretty hat on.

up in flames is a truly, truly amazing album. i cannot recommend it enough.

in fact, take the album with you when you go for a walk in my middle of nowhere, get lost and found again, rinse, recycle and reuse, and reinvent yourself inside his perfect equation of how music is supposed to sound.

what else is there to say? download crayon, i've lived on a dirt road all my life, and kid you'll move mountains.

buy this album. sell me for love.

-desperate for a hit

ahh...turns out basstrap recommended them to me a long long time ago.

wow, this live version of shampoo suicide is so good...one could say it's life affirming.

i'm in a cu7o kind of a mood... :sexywink:

for you, bear

from pitchfork
Caribou to Release New EP, DVD

On November 1, Caribou (aka Dan Snaith, fka Manitoba) will dilate our minds with Marino, a DVD collection of the videos featured during his live shows. You know, all those pretty, drippy, colorful trips through alternate universes we've been enjoying over the past couple of years, while trying not to be distracted by the multiple drummers and animal masks.

In addition to a video for nearly every track on The Milk of Human Kindness and Up in Flames the DVD comes with a bonus EP containing four exclusive tracks from the Milk of Human Kindness Sessions. So I guess that kind of makes this the The Massacre: Special Edition of indie-psych-IDM.

Marino will be birthed courtesy of Domino in North American and Leaf in the rest of the world. The DVD will also be available on Caribou's current European tour, a month prior to its official release. Are the bragging rights of having this DVD early worth flying to the UK show for? Keep in mind the Miami Dolphins are a States thing. (Get it? Marino? Dan Marino? Ok, I'm going to go bang my head against the wall now.)

Caribouuuuuuuuuu:

>>DVD
01 Yeti
02 A Final Warning
03 Lord Leopard
04 Bees
05 Hello Hammerheads
06 Brahminy Kite
07 Pelican Narrows
08 Barnowl
09 I've Lived On A Dirt Road All My Life
10 Skunks
11 Jacknuggeted
12 Hendrix With Ko
13 Bijoux
14 Twins
15 Crayon
16 Every Time She Turns Round It's Her Birthday

>>CD
01 The Barn
02 Marino
03 Handelschnapp
04 Sunsesame
this should be good.

Zoomerang96 said:
i'm in a cu7o kind of a mood... :sexywink:

OH?

Coincidentally, I just saw Caribou live (for free no less) as part of Barcelona's Merce Festival. Concerts were all over the city last weekend and most of them lasted until the late morning. Other notable bands that I traded sleep for: The Raveonettes, Smog, Ben Lee, Cycle, and Rinocerose.

I did not realize how disciplined the Caribou live show would be... performance synchronized with video, which was grounded by two reckless drummers. Of course, they played to a click track and there were technical difficulties abound, but I still found myself in awe over their well conceived (contrived) live stylings. I was easily impressed considering I had not heard much of Caribou's material prior to the event.

And I'm done.

This update of my life has been brought to you by me.

Bringer of things since 1983.

:sexywink:

Going to see them open for SFA tomorrow. Very excited now....haven't heard anything by them before.

that's pretty hot, elevation, because i have no idea where that came from.

touch me weird.

nice on you for catching caribou live, cu7o. must have been an in SPAIN experience!!

:sexywink:

i know that's your bit, but come on...

Back
Top Bottom