The Canucks Vs. The Wild

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Michael Griffiths said:
Pray tell: *why* are you going to watch it at your parents place if they lost last time there??? Angel, please consider watching it somewhere else. Please!!! If they lose, and you watched it at your parents place, you'll never hear the end of it!!! ;)

.... because I am moving 4,000 km away in two weeks and won't be able to watch hockey with them for a long time. :scream: please win Canucks!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:| I promise to take all blame if things... don't.... ahh! I can't say it because WE WILL WIN!!!!!

just an absolutely awful effort tonite. im ashamed of them, this is pathetic. one game away from winning the series and they shit their pants on prom night.

Angel, WHY??? WHY??? You knew this would cause them to lose, but you went to your parents' place anyway! :shame: (I am just joshing you.)

Anyway, possibly the worst game in franchise history tonight. They deserved to lose, and I feel really sorry for the fans who forked over $200 + for tickets. The Canucks *****d them over big time tonight. Great game by Minnesota, though I have to say -- the way Vancouver played tonight, any team would have beaten them. They were absolutely brutal in every way. It was a group betrayal. Every player on the roster betrayed each other and the fans. There was no effort, no patience, no intensity, nothing, nada, zero. Throw this game in the garbabe where it belongs. On to Minnesota...

Michael Griffiths said:
They were absolutely brutal in every way. It was a group betrayal. Every player on the roster betrayed each other and the fans. There was no effort, no patience, no intensity, nothing, nada, zero. Throw this game in the garbabe where it belongs. On to Minnesota...
Ain't that the truth. Other than the first period... why'd they bother to come back? I think some players had too much sex this weekend. Seriously... these two day vacations do the team no good. :no:

Angel said:

Ain't that the truth. Other than the first period... why'd they bother to come back? I think some players had too much sex this weekend. Seriously... these two day vacations do the team no good. :no:
Actually, I was disappointed they didn't try harder after they were down 6-2. They should not have quit. It doesn't matter if you know you're going to lose. If you try as hard as you can, it sends a message for next game. It shows character. Only wimps would quit just for the sake knowing they can't come back. I'm sure Crawford told them in the 2nd intermission just to go out and win the 3rd period, even if they would lose the game. That's all anybody would ask of them after that - just win that last period. But they couldn't even do that. Pathetic. They better take a good, hard look at themselves in the mirror and adjust accordingly or they won't be going any further.

Michael, I didn't mean that they should give up... but they did. I was just stating facts. I too hoped that they would have tried harder. I mean, it's one thing to lose, it's another to lose like a bunch of pansy-assed glue sniffing freaks.

Not much credit given to the Wild. They played their asses off and deserved to win. They were capitalizing on everything and played their hearts out. Those of us who are Wild fans are happy to see them play the way they should. They blew a couple games that they should have won. The team had something to prove and they did it.

Oh.... Lemon Meringue... I like you very much, so please forgive the following...

I disagree that the Wild played their asses off. I firmly believe that they simply capitalized off a weak team who had their heads up their asses and really didn't offer up much of a fight. The Wild are a good team... but I have even seen them play better. None of their goals were the result of their regular sneaky fancy-assed skating.

Lemon Meringue said:
Not much credit given to the Wild. They played their asses off and deserved to win. They were capitalizing on everything and played their hearts out. Those of us who are Wild fans are happy to see them play the way they should. They blew a couple games that they should have won. The team had something to prove and they did it.
Lemon Megingue - I give full credit to the Wild for the victory, but that said, Vancouver really sucked in every way last night. And I mean *every* way. If the Canucks were able to sustain the pressure they had going in the last 5 minutes of the 1st period, I don't think any team could have beaten them. However, Naslund took a ridiculous penalty (what was he thinking highsticking the Wild player?), and the Wild then scored with 2 seconds left in it. After that, Cloutier let in a horrible goal after the defense went to sleep. That was the beginning of the end. The Canucks never woke up after that. So, yes, I give credit to the Wild for not folding, but if Vancouver had not folded themselves, I think the result would have been more unpredictable to say the least. Well, we know it wouldn't have been 7-2 anyway.

I know, I woke up with such nervous excitement this morning! I really feel Vancouver is going to have it together tonight, win or lose, but I have a good feeling they will win. They do NOT want to come back for game 7. That's why I think they'll win. They will show just as much desperation as the Wild will, I believe. It should be the best game of the series so far, and hopefully the last.

present for angel

3375584323232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2327%3D8%3A5%3D884%3Dxroqdf%3E23233949%3A443%3Bot1lsi

:)

i wear my bure jersey that i got in grade five everywhere i go. on saturday we went clubbing, what else do you think i wore? damn straight. people enjoyed it too, cause they recognize pavel bure is the greatest thing to ever happen to hockey and the canucks are the best team in sports history.

man i love this team.

Hey all -

VERY BRIEF.......

I have been stuck in DETROIT for the last few days without Internet (if I remember correctly, I was not too far from the residence of Interference's very own Larry Mullen's Pop Angel).

Monday night, I had the honor of watching the Ottawa/Philly game with a resident of Ottawa!!!! And, I got to watch it on CBC! Damn, that was awesome......and I know you can say this any night - but what the hell was Cherry wearing? Oh, and I also now know what BUBBA is!!!! Beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer!!!!! My new Ottawa buddy is going to bring me a BUBBA when we go to see Pearl Jam and Idlewild.

Then - I also had the honor of watching the Wild game on CBC. Could not have been sweeter to wake up at 1 a.m. (yes, I had three hours of sleep the night before due to horrible travel adventures to Detroit) and see the score...7-2. Holy poopsticks, eh!?

I just got off the plane from Detroit, have to do some research for a HUGE interview tomorrow....and then watch the game. Read in the paper that the Wild were feeling "lucky" they won the game the other night. yes, "lucky."

O.K. - more on Friday - after game seven that is :sexywink:

i feel perfectly fine blaming the refs for at least one of these two wild goals. what the fuck is going on? this is a joke!

Yes, Zoom, it appears that they're letting the Wild get away with murder tonight and calling it tightly against the Canucks. Did you see what they did to Cloutier? Baron goes in to defend him, and he's the one who gets called??? Gary Betman does not want an all Canadian final by the looks of things.

:lmao: @ zonelistener :lol:
"Holy poopsticks" !!!!!!!!!!!
:lmao::lmao:
That just about killed me!!
Where are you going to see Pearl Jam? :hyper:
And yes, bear...those 2 goals pissed me off to no end, dammit. :angry:

Back
Top Bottom