The Canucks Vs. The Wild - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2003, 02:15 AM   #61
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:52 PM
well the canucks won with their c game tonite.

im falling in love with brandon reid.

thank you vancouver, again.

Old 04-26-2003, 02:43 AM   #62
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:52 PM
That game was too close to comfort. Vancouver outshoots Minnesota 39-21 and barely wins. That was quite the drama though!! Did you know the Canucks have not lost one game with that guy singing the national anthem? That's why they keep using him. They've won 9 in a row with him! I saw it on BCTV News. I like how he let's the crowd sing. It's his signature move. Reminds me of Bono in that respect!

Go Canucks!!!

Ps. Wild fans - what do you think of our fans?

Old 04-26-2003, 10:17 AM   #63
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:52 PM

GREAT game last night! And props to you Canucks fans, you tore the roof off GM Place when they tied it!!!
Old 04-26-2003, 10:44 AM   #64
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

your fans got quiet when you were behind

but otherwise...

just wait till you're in st paul
Old 04-26-2003, 01:56 PM   #65
ONE
love, blood, life

though it was obviously loud, it was nothing compared to the previous playoff games.

it seems even the fans were flat for this one, lol.

i really believe we got lucky, we didnt deserve to win. but good teams always find ways to win, so im not complaining.
Old 04-26-2003, 03:02 PM   #66
Rock n' Roll Doggie

That's true actually, Zoom. These fans weren't as loud as the game 5 and 7 fans against St. Louis. Have you noticed the average fan age goes up as the playoffs get deeper? I think it has something to do with ticket prices going up, the further they go. Younger people can't exactly afford to shell out $500 per ticket for decent seats. Scalpers have a hey day at this time of year with the wealthy who seem to permeate Vancouver.
Old 04-26-2003, 03:10 PM   #67
Rock n' Roll Doggie

And Pop Angel and Lilly:

Now that Chizip isn't around anymore, I can finally say this: Vancouver fans are bandwagoners with the best of them! You see, though, I have to explain why. We go to the cup finals every 10 years or so, but we never win. It's kind of like finding the relationship of your dreams but having it never work out, over and over again. So when the Canucks don't win, the fans just don't want to get hurt again. They feel they just can't take it, so they immedietly start telling themselves it "won't work out" just to deaden the blow, kind of like in a dying relationship. However, once the team starts winning and proves these fickle fans wrong, you've never seen more devotion! A lot of the fans are insecure about having a winning team, and need commitment, you see. They won't believe it until they get that ring, so to speak. That Stanley Cup ring.
Old 04-26-2003, 04:13 PM   #68
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:52 AM
Re: Re: Velcro

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Griffiths

It does work well, agreed. Lemaire is a pure hockey genius, I'll admit. He's basically employed the ideology of Marxism on the team! Every player now works in thier own personal way toward a creative personal labour, to the end of creating a utopian hockey world. They're all fighting for the end of class struggle (in the hockey sense), and therefore to the end of history as we know it. It's all very alarming. But that's why Vancouver is going to go in and "liberate" them for their communistic ways.

I love that!
Old 04-26-2003, 05:05 PM   #69
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Yes, the evil proletariates shall be contained! Enough with their "wild" ways! They must be stopped at all costs. For freedom. Yes, freedom to...to...whatever. Freedom. That's my final answer, and I'm sticking to it. You're either with us, or against us!
Old 04-26-2003, 05:08 PM   #70
ONE
love, blood, life

Re: Re: Velcro

Quote:

It does work well, agreed. Lemaire is a pure hockey genius, I'll admit. He's basically employed the ideology of Marxism on the team! Every player now works in thier own personal way toward a creative personal labour, to the end of creating a utopian hockey world. They're all fighting for the end of class struggle (in the hockey sense), and therefore to the end of history as we know it. It's all very alarming. But that's why Vancouver is going to go in and "liberate" them for their communistic ways.
That is AWESOME! I think I have a new "favorite poster - but, then again, I haven't gotten through this whole thread (postgame).

Old 04-26-2003, 05:14 PM   #71
ONE
love, blood, life

Big Grin Wild Vs. Canucks (notice who I list first)

This is going to be such an amazing series. These two teams ae WAY better matched than Avs and Wild. Despite winning - Avs I think are a WAY BETTER team.

Wild actually looked good last night, outside of a few errors (like the second "Counted" goal for the Canucks when two of the players decided to skate into each other). It looks like Vancouver will let them skate and set up plays, and vice-versa. Makes for better hockey than I expected.

I am bummed Wild gave up that goal with less than two seconds left, but, I truly feel that the second disallowed goal should have counted. It look like it crossed the line to me.

Can't wait for tomorrow night!
Old 04-26-2003, 05:19 PM   #72
Elvis' Naughty Angel

Local Time: 02:52 PM
Michael- I LOVED your analogy of Canuck fans! It's sooo true! However, I am with them all year long Not a bandwagoner of which you speak.

If last night's hockey game had a title it would be called "The Mystery of the WAter Bottle" I DO NOT like fernandez
Old 04-26-2003, 05:30 PM   #73
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.

Quote:
And Pop Angel and Lilly:

Now that Chizip isn't around anymore, I can finally say this: Vancouver fans are bandwagoners with the best of them! You see, though, I have to explain why. We go to the cup finals every 10 years or so, but we never win. It's kind of like finding the relationship of your dreams but having it never work out, over and over again. So when the Canucks don't win, the fans just don't want to get hurt again. They feel they just can't take it, so they immedietly start telling themselves it "won't work out" just to deaden the blow, kind of like in a dying relationship. However, once the team starts winning and proves these fickle fans wrong, you've never seen more devotion! A lot of the fans are insecure about having a winning team, and need commitment, you see. They won't believe it until they get that ring, so to speak. That Stanley Cup ring.
i am telling him you said this! haha!
Old 04-26-2003, 06:53 PM   #74
New Yorker

Go Wild.

*unenthusiastic confetti throw*
Old 04-26-2003, 07:08 PM   #75
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Miss Velvet D:

Yes, I urge you to tell Chizip that! I want him to come back! I honestly miss that rivalry. Do you still talk to him? Not that I'm jealous of him or anything

Angel:

I know you're not one of the bandwagon jumpers! But keep in mind, the Canucks will have some more and highs and lows to contend with as the playoffs progress. The playoffs are so emotional! We have to stick with them through all of it - the good, the bad and the ugly. And yes, Fernandez should have been given a penaltly for that, IMO. Also, IMO, that puck was across the line. It was sitting on end, and the part that was touching the ice was clearly across the goal line. There may have been a part hanging over the line, but that wasn't the part that was touching. The part in the air was hanging over, if anything. Besides, it was tucked into the corner of the net, in an area that is well behind the line. However, I suppose if the video is inconclusive, there is nothing they can do. It has to be beyond a shadow of a doubt, which I suppose it wasn't in their opinion. Ah well, Canucks won anyway!

Zonelistener:

Hey, thanks for the compliment! You know I can't keep it up though, right? As for the Avs vs. Canucks, I don't think the Avs are necessarily better. Both teams are very evenly matched actually, but I think the edge goes to Vancouver in terms of physical play. Both the Avs and Canucks have a very offensive defense core (Jovo is almost as dangerous as Blake, while Ohlund, Sopel and Salo compare quite nicely to the Avs' defense core). Naslund, Bertuzzi and Morrison could go head to head with Sakic, Forsberg and Hejduk. The rest of the players are quite evenly matched, too. Vancouver, though, has a bunch of hitters in May, Klatt, Jovo, Bertuzzi and so forth, where as the Avs rely more on their skill alone (for the most part). That's why the Canucks have a better chance at beating the Wild, in my opinion. But agree with you: it should be a great series!