The Canucks Vs. The Wild - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2003, 01:22 AM   #331
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:10 PM
somebody's

Old 05-09-2003, 01:49 AM   #332
Blue Crack Addict

i just have to say if i was a canucks fan i would be pissed at bertuzzi

not only did he have a terrible playoffs, he just pretty much made a jackass of himself

stupid penalties, stupid remarks, you've got to put up or shut up and he did neither

Old 05-09-2003, 01:49 AM   #333
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:10 PM
Well it's mid-May and looks like the Canucks are out... Miss Cleo was right.

Sorry to all the Vancouverphiles out there, but don't fret too much. I have a seat reserved for you on my cart, and a tee-time booked for tomorrow morning.

See you on the links... I've already been there, for what, a month?
Old 05-09-2003, 01:52 AM   #334
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:10 PM
You're funny, Chizip. Well, what can I say? The Wild deserved to win the series. The Canucks played a great game, but gave it away when it counted. Dan Cloutier played well, and I feel sorry for him because he had very little chance on 3 of the 4 goals, especially the bouncing puck that went over the net from behind onto the wild stick. That's what makes hockey such a great sport, though. Bounces and inches are part of the game, and whoever capitalizes on them the most usually wins. I give the Wild full credit. They never gave up even when it seemed the Canucks had the game in the bag up 2-0. Congrats to them and and their fans. Way to go guys!!! I hope you have a great series against Anaheim.

Go Ottawa!!!
Old 05-09-2003, 01:56 AM   #335
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Oh, forgot to add in response to Chizip's comment. Bertuzzi played his best game of the series tonight, and that breakaway goal was *sweeeet*! Also, it was reavealed tonight during the game on CBC that bertuzzi had an undisclosed upper body injury. I could have told you that since the St. Louis series, though.
Old 05-09-2003, 01:56 AM   #336
Blue Crack Addict

Cloutier played well??

Now that is funny.

GAA Save %
3.17 .874

and thats before this game, which will make those numbers even worse

ive been reading the canucks boards and they are all pissed at cloutier and want him gone

the second and third goals were his fault, and you cant give up 2 softies in a game 7
Old 05-09-2003, 01:59 AM   #337
Blue Crack Addict

i think his undisclosed upper body injury was his brain, he is just not too bright

why oh why would you push their player into the goalie with 4 min left of a game 7 down by a goal

and i could have told you about the undisclosed injuries of the blues, as it turns out 5 of them were playing with either a broken hand or foot that was not revealed, this on top of the other injuries

but as you said, mentioning injuries is whining, and so i didnt want to bring it up
Old 05-09-2003, 02:02 AM   #338
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Cloutier played very well in game 7. His statistics are horrible, but that isn't reflective of his performance tonight. I don't blame him for tonight's loss. But yes, he may be gone by this summer. He tends to crack under pressure. It's too bad, because he's got so much talent. You should have seen him junior. People thought he was the next Ken Dryden! Maybe that's just it though. He's always had so much pressure to deal with, and maybe he's not cut out for that. The off season should be interesting. The Canucks learned so much from this playoffs and season for that matter. Next year they will be even better. I can hardly wait!

Congrats to the Canucks for a great year. They broke 3 team records this year, and tied an individual recored. That's a pretty great year. They're still a young team, and will have much to accomplish in the years to come.

Thanks Vancouver! You gave me many great nights and I'll cherish the memories of the season.
Old 05-09-2003, 02:06 AM   #339
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
i think his undisclosed upper body injury was his brain, he is just not too bright
nice... probably true. Still a good hockey player though. Not a bad endorsement commercial from Gatorade either.
Old 05-09-2003, 02:07 AM   #340
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Yes, that penalty should not have been called. Bertuzzi hardly touched the player, and Roloson simply reaggrivated the injury that he's had all series long. The Canucks didn't get one powerplay tonight, which I actually enjoyed, but I wish it was called evenly for the entire game. Everyone got away with murder for the first 40 minutes until the Canucks were up 2-0. Those are the breaks though, and what makes hockey all the more interesting.

Take care everyone. Good luck Minnesota fans!! I'll see you next year.

Go Sens!!!
Old 05-09-2003, 02:53 AM   #341
New Yorker

Local Time: 02:10 PM
A to Vancouver fans tonight, as someone who was just there!

I turned on the game during the last 5:00 and watched it end. I was really rooting for them.

I think the Canucks could go all the way if they'd just stay out of the penalty box during playoffs. It seems like that's how the Avs always beat them. I could be wrong, I didn't see enough of the series to judge.
Old 05-09-2003, 03:05 AM   #342
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Yes, AvsGirl, I totally agree with you. The Canucks were totally undisciplined this whole series, and not just by taking penalties. They were impatient and unfocussed at times as well. To be honest, I thought the Canucks played their very best game of the series tonight, but it just wasn't meant to be. When they were up 2-0, I was 80% sure they would win the game. But that's how it goes sometimes, I guess.

Thanks for the hugs.
Old 05-09-2003, 03:07 AM   #343
Blue Crack Addict

Old 05-09-2003, 03:53 AM   #344
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

screw brunette, check my new boyfriend schultz

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
i just have to say if i was a canucks fan i would be pissed at bertuzzi

not only did he have a terrible playoffs, he just pretty much made a jackass of himself

he did really make an ass of himself, and in combination with ruutu, he helped win the PR game for the wild (earnest hard fighters who will win and DESERVE it).
Old 05-09-2003, 06:21 AM   #345
Blue Crack Addict

nice picture from last night