The Canucks Vs. The Wild

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
zonelistener said:
On my way out of Saint Paul last night - I was waiting for a city bus to the airport outside of the Excel Energy Center - and there sat the lonely CBC truck - all ablaze in Hockey Night in Canada logos. I so wanted to have my picture taken with the truck.....

:hug: That's really cute.

zonelistener said:
On my way out of Saint Paul last night - I was waiting for a city bus to the airport outside of the Excel Energy Center - and there sat the lonely CBC truck - all ablaze in Hockey Night in Canada logos. I so wanted to have my picture taken with the truck.....

i saw that truck too (in the parking lot across from the xcel?)...i snickered at it...but that was pre-game, so i didn't laugh QUITE as hard as i would have.

i seriously think i had a heart attack.

i must say that my chances of seeing the game saturday are in jeopardy....my sister is graduating. pssh...like SHE'S gonna get precidence over my boy playing here at home.

:mad: ducks :mad:

bit of irony: the mighty ducks movies were all filmed here, i'm in the third one AND because i was an extra i won a leather ducks jacket. i will not be sporting it any time soon :|

That's a great article, Angel. That does sum it all up perfectly doesn' t it? Gary Mason is a great sports columnist. The Canucks were *oh* so close this year to being the best. They're just missing that one thing, whatever that one thing is. It's easy to point fingers and put all the blame on one player (ie, Cloutier), but I think that one thing, in this case, rests in the collective of the team. Like Jovo said: if each player had given just a little more, where would they be standing now? If that had been a case, there would not have been a game 7.

And to answer a couple other posts, no, I don't blame Bertuzzi for this entire series. That's a ridiculous comment. He won games 1, 3, and 4 almost by himself with his physical dominance alone. You don't have to score to win games. Hockey is made up of so many other things as well. Screening shots, blocking shots, taking a guy out, and so forth. And as for the comment that I should be mad at Bertuzzi for snapping *back* at the fans who provoked him, why would I be? I mean, oh yes, that must have been the reason the Canucks lost the series! What a ridiculous idea. The Canucks lost because they beat themselves, not because of anything Bertuzzi said to a few fans.

Anyway, congrats to the Canucks for a terrific season. I really think next year will be their year. My only fear is Naslund may not be around in a couple years, as he'll be 30 next season and he has said he doesn't want to play past 31 or 32. Hopefully he'll change his mind.

Last edited:
Lilly said:
i saw that truck too (in the parking lot across from the xcel?)...i snickered at it...but that was pre-game, so i didn't laugh QUITE as hard as i would have.

:angry: Hey ms. movie star....did you see me at the bus stop and drive by? :angry:

:wink:
Welcome home!!!!!! :hug: good to have you back (except for the fact that I am not there).

no, unless you were on the corner of 7th and kellog about 7pm, in which case.......yes.

thanks...i'm damn glad to be home too...in a place where one, if one would so choose, could walk to target.

how novel :|

You'll be alright gifdawg.....you'll be alllllright.

You should be happy that the team you cheer for can actually make the playoffs.

Try cheering for a team like the Los Angeles Clippers if you think life is so bad.

Ah, memories...
200304204490930-F.jpg

you hear what Bertuzzi said to Willie Mitchell after they scored the second goal? He told him he better start shining his golf clubs.

mitchell then went and told the wild what he said and it fired them up and it led to them coming back and winning.

bertuzzi is a loud mouthed jackass who cant even back up what he says. i said this before and ill say it again, the canucks will not win a championship with bertuzzi.

I think you're making that up, but even if he did say it, that's just Bertuzzi. Every team have their emotional players. He goes more on emotion than reason. That's why they have guys like Naslund to balance that out. Bertuzzi isn't supposed to be a leader, which is why he'll never be captain and why he doesn't even wear an 'A'. He's there to hit, score goals, and piss off the other team, which he's apparently quite good at.

yes, pisses them off good enough to beat his team in the 7th game of a playoff series

what a great guy to have

and im not making that up, it has been widely reported

If it's been so widely reported, why haven't I come across it in the extensive reading I've been doing on The Canucks series meltdown ever since they lost? I've read pretty much everything there is to read on the subject, but never have I read that. Doesn't sound too widely reported!

You call that "widely reported"??? :lmao: It was one Bill Clement from ESPN for goodness sake! Not only that, but it's ESPN!!! They're about as credible for hockey as Fox News is for information on Iraq. But, even if he did say it, do you really think that's why the Canucks lost the series? Because of Bertuzzi's comments? You don't think it had anything to do with the Canucks throwing it all away in games 5 and 6? Also, do you think the Wild really needed Bertuzzi for motivation? You don't think the Stanley Cup of all things is motivation enough? Have you ever seen the Cup? It's the most beautiful trophy in all of sports!

well when things are looking down, something like that can give you the extra umph to go out and win.

and i'm just saying, talking is ok if you can back it up, but bertuzzi was in no position to make comments like that. what, he had 3 goals in 14 games in the playoffs, and an uncountable number of stupid ass penalties. when you arent doing squat you shouldnt be making fun of the other team and telling their fans they wont be back for another game. that's just being a jackass.

I agree that you need to back up your trash talk. That said, I still can't ever see Bertuzzi ignoring a bunch of idiotic fans who are provoking him on the street. Betuzzi will always harp back. It's just Bertuzzi. He won't change. He's still the best power forward in the NHL, so hey, you win some, you lose some. Next year, hopefully he'll play better along with the rest of the team.

Back
Top Bottom