The British Invasion...OR...zoney, ali rose and sula and the Elbow/Doves adventure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sulawesigirl4 said:
Well if Guy and Jimi want to fork over $375, I will be right there. :D

I'll give 'em a call.

*phone rings
Guy Garvey: Hello?
Me: .........

Okay, that's not going to work....

Here's Jennifer's drawing of Guy (though we decided it looks more like Jimi. Encroaching on my territory, Jenn? :mad: ;) )

Attachments

• guygarveyjenn.bmp
    208.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Encroaching on my territory, Jenn?
I was listening to the doves kcrw thing as I was drawing it...I'm telling you, jimi subconsciously filtered into the photo... ;) It does look more like him though...I need to brush up on paint skills, I guess...:(

They are VERY website-worthy! We should print up a copy of that pick and give to Guy or Jimi (your choice!) on Wednesday. :lol: I'll bring the Neil one to Neil. He'd put it in his guitar case!!

lol. Well, while you ladies come up with a plan, I am going to upload the rest of my Jimi pics from the other night. hope you like 'em. :D

Attachments

• 2jimi2.jpg
    2jimi2.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 41
errm, it's...err...ARTY! yeah, I meant it to look that way. *ahem*

Actually, I do rather like the colors. :D

Attachments

• jimi5.jpg
    jimi5.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 61
ok, this one is seriously blurry. lol. action photography. ;)

Attachments

• jimi-blurry.jpg
    jimi-blurry.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 55
and last but not least...the photo that all my friends think is the coolest/funniest one out of the bunch. :huh: Something about the whole smoking, chilled-out, bass-playing thing, I think.

Attachments

• jimi6.jpg
    jimi6.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 55
meegannie said:
I :heart: smoking bass players.

s-s-s-smokin! Kinda like adam. :D

anyways, that's all folks. Now I expect you, meg and jenn, to add to this wee collection when you go see the show on wednesday. ;) k? and get some pics of mark while you're at it. :heart: damn his shortness!

I felt Guy AND Jimi's :heart: lovehandles. :heart: And they WERE snuggly! I can't believe the comment U2 made about these guys!!! We have the same taste!!!! *fuzzies* It was super cool to get these photos and they will probably just get cooler as time goes on! I KNOW these guys are gonna be big!! Though I'm still waiting patiently for the radio to start playing them! And BTW, don't you thing the doves Guitarist ?forgets name? has a style very similar to Edges? Not to mention the Sunday Bloody Sundayish drumbeat in "Fear???" That guy can drum!!! Sooooo much energy and soooo fun to watch!!! BY FAR the best live show I've seen since U2!!!!!

Now I expect you, meg and jenn, to add to this wee collection when you go see the show on wednesday. k?
Great pictures!!! :love: Don't worry, we'll definitely add to the collection - I have some from Sunday (not yet developed :(), and I'm going to try out a couple different 'no flash' options on my camera, so hopefully i'll get some good ones Wed!

and get some pics of mark while you're at it. damn his shortness!
Yay, I :heart: mark!! There's just something about him...

Sooooo much energy and soooo fun to watch!!! BY FAR the best live show I've seen since U2!!!!!
:yes: I think you're right, there is something edge-like about jez...i'll have to evaluate again on Wed... ;)

Jez has a MAJOR Edge-moment in the middle of Pounding. :eek: But I'm sure he wants to be his own person and not be constantly compared to someone else so....

btw, be sure to get 800 speed film. It works best in low lighting and helps keep the colors sharp. Also, wouldn't be a bad idea to bring a pack of cigarettes (even if you don't smoke) to be ready to give to the guys. Seems to me that Guy asked if anyone in the audience had one and Jimi might have too. Not to mention but when we were hanging out with Jez and Andy, they were looking for smokes too. (they're all gonna die of lung cancer!)

Anyways, I'm excited and jealous for youse guys.

I was hoping that last photo turned out - THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!

I turned to Sula just as he started doing that to make sure she was taking the photo.

P.S. - Chenny55555 hasn't responded to my e-mail yet.

Eek! Looks like I know these people (Meg & Jenn). :D

Just got my Doves cds yesterday and loving 'em. See you both at the show tonight.

sulawesigirl4 said:
so, meg and jenn...you excited for tonite yet?
:yes: :laugh:
Yep! Going crazy here waiting though...the only bad thing is that we had planned on going a bit early to wait in line, and it is absolutely POURING RAIN now. :( Even if we get drenched, it will be worth it though...
Just about have all the supplies ready...(camera, film, cigarettes) We'll give you the full report! :)

Back
Top Bottom