The British are coming! Brit-Rock lives...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The current American scene has great music too, you just have to look for it... Its like when people say the Seventies suck for music (basing this opinion on the disco rage of that era) when this was the period when the Who, Springsteen, the Stones, the Clash, Ramones, etc. were around. same with the Eighties... The Stone Roses, the Smiths, the Replacements, Metallica, etc...

BRMC is American baby!!!

For kicks I thought I'd look and see all the British Bands I have albums of:

Radiohead
The Clash
The Cure
Idlewild
Clinic
Doves
Coldplay
Travis
Belle And Sebastian
Sex Pistols
Muse
The Streets
The Smiths
Morrissey
Stone Roses
Stereophonics
The Beatles
Led Zeppelin (they count, right?)
PJ Harvey
Beta Band
David Gray
Elbow
Black Sabbath
Eric Clapton
Bauhaus
Depeche Mode
Erasure
Pet Shop Boys
New Order/Joy Division
Eurythmics
Pink Floyd
Sting/The Police
Elvis Costello
Queen
Oasis

If it wasnt for Britain, rock music would either be dead, or wouldnt even exist.

Last edited:
u2popmofo said:
If it wasnt for Britain, rock music would either be dead, or wouldnt even exist.

For someone who talks a lot of bullshit, no truer thing has ever been said...

Long live Rock!!! (I figure if I say that a lot, it will...)

cujo said:

For someone who talks a lot of bullshit, no truer thing has ever been said...

I think you just said something truer by describing the rest of my posts.

Most of the stuff I've been into lately has been from across the pond, so to speak. I can't find anything American worth listening to for a million bucks, unless you want to count Johnny Cash.

zonelistener said:

I haven't thought about some of those bands in a LONG time (chapterhouse, Kingmaker)! Seeing you are in the Bronx....did you see some of these bands in NYC in their hey day (early 90's)?

I saw The Wonder Stuff, Neds Atomic Dustbin, Jesus Jones, Paul Weller, Chapterhouse, Suede, Verve (2x back in '95), Boo Radleys, Charlatans UK, Catherine Wheel. Hell, I even saw Oasis at the Stone Poney on the Jersey Shore back in '94! (Hey, that rhymes)

MrBrau1 said:

I saw The Wonder Stuff, Neds Atomic Dustbin, Jesus Jones, Paul Weller, Chapterhouse, Suede, Verve (2x back in '95), Boo Radleys, Charlatans UK, Catherine Wheel. Hell, I even saw Oasis at the Stone Poney on the Jersey Shore back in '94! (Hey, that rhymes)

Stone Poney......there is a place I haven't thought about in a LONGGGG time. I saw someone there...I forget who though.

I wonder if we are at some of these show at the same time (Neds, Chapterhouse, Charlatans....). I remember seeing EMF's first show in America in NYC (forget the club). As well as Inspiral Carpets and many others. Ahhh, those were the days (Sounds old).

RIDE

I saw Mark Gardener last night (the lead singer for RIDE). What an amazing little show. He is just playing acoustic - but you still can "imagine" the screaming guitars and the drums when he sings.

I was uplifted. He was pretty cool and let people hang out back stage with him afterwards. So cool.

He is playing the Milwaukee and Chitown the next two nights and then hits the East Coast - GO SEE HIM!!! It reminded me why I love all of today's bands (Coldplay, Radiohead, etc. etc. etc.)

Re: RIDE

zonelistener said:
I saw Mark Gardener last night (the lead singer for RIDE). What an amazing little show. He is just playing acoustic - but you still can "imagine" the screaming guitars and the drums when he sings.

I was uplifted. He was pretty cool and let people hang out back stage with him afterwards. So cool.

He is playing the Milwaukee and Chitown the next two nights and then hits the East Coast - GO SEE HIM!!! It reminded me why I love all of today's bands (Coldplay, Radiohead, etc. etc. etc.)

i will go see this when he hits NYC. Ride were a really good band.
Back in 1998 Miles Hunt from the Wonder Stuff did the same thing, clubs w/ an acoustic guitar, it was awesome.

Re: Re: RIDE

I believe he is playing the Knitting Factory in NYC!!!! Cool venue.

MrBrau1 said:

i will go see this when he hits NYC. Ride were a really good band.
Back in 1998 Miles Hunt from the Wonder Stuff did the same thing, clubs w/ an acoustic guitar, it was awesome.

Back
Top Bottom