The Bravery....sound of 2005?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man

Thom's Bitch
The NY band released their debut album early this year. They are starting to get some press on the UK music scene as the new sound of 2005 and their album is fantastic. Some 80s synth, some rock and a little bit of Boy thrown in. Sounds slightly Killersish IMO. Bono has also commented on his love for this new band.

http://thebravery.com/

Watch this space...

i'll be avoiding them like the plague based on what i've heard they sound like. sometimes i miss out on some good music because of this, but if they explode like the killers, then i'm sure i will end up hearing them (and subsequentally hating them) sooner or later.

i have to find out how some of this stuff gets through. i avoid pretty much all mainstream music outlets available. yet the stuff keeps getting through somehow. there's a hole somewhere that needs spackling.

Very sad to see some of you miss out here...Especially before you hear them...

Bono's shades said:
I had a hard time telling them apart from about 10 other different new bands from 2004.

Exactly. Do we really need more new-wave revival bands? (and a terrible try at that too) While we're at it, I never understood the Killer's popularity either.

eh, the bravery IS like the killers. But the killers on the second half of their album where all the good stuff is out of the way and it's all just 'filler.'

I find it hard to respect the bravery judging by the fact that they were once a ska band. not that i have anything against ska, but they were ska back when it was popular. now that this new wave 80s revivial stuff is popular, it seems they've tried to capitalize on that.

bono_man said:
Very sad to see some of you miss out here...Especially before you hear them...

i have heard them

but anytime something suddenly becomes the "sound of," the "face of," or the "voice of," it really just turns me off.

I really like The Bravery (much more than some of the other new bands that are out now). They've got potential. And I don't really think they sound all that much like The Killers. Sure, they both use synthesizers, but that's as far as it goes for me.

Isn't the rumour that The Bravery are about as real as the Backstreet Boys? Completely manufactured from the ground up. The singer was plucked, dreadlocks and all, from a ska cover band by the record co.

i agree.

and as polished as the killers are, it wouldn't surprise me if they were put together by the same fatass who put bsb and nsync together. what was his name again? lou pearlman?

typhoon said:
the lead singer's old ska band was called Skabba the Hut. That's almost as good.

eeeww... scabba the hut

that's just gross. :yuck:

Back
Top Bottom