The Bravery and Snow Patrol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cute Irish Bono

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I am surprised I haven't heard many people talk about these bands much anymore. Do you guys still like them?

I liked "An Honest Mistake" and their cover of "An Cat Dubh" by the Bravery, but never heard anything else by them.

I like Snow Patrol but had to take a break from their last album after being clubbed to death from hearing "Chasing Cars" 5,236,236 times on the radio, TV, movie previews, etc.

That's sort of how it was for me and the Bravery's "Time Won't Let Me Go". I didn't mind that song, but it got played an awful lot. I do like their latest song "Believe", though. And "An Honest Mistake" isn't bad...that's about all I've really heard by them, though.

The more I hear from Snow Patrol (which, again, is still only a handful of songs), the more I like 'em.

Angela

Last edited:
I have never heard The Bravery's work. Who are they similar to? As for Snow Patrol, I don't have 'Final Straw', their first album yet, but I'm planning on picking it up soon. I heard "Chasing Cars" on the radio constantly like everybody else, and I thought it was one of the best and most beautiful songs I'd heard in a long time. I picked up 'Eyes Open' in the summer, and it's one of my favorite albums of the year. There's not one filler track on there. The song they did for Spiderman 3, "Signal Fire" was amazing too. They're definitely an already awesome band with a lot more potential. I can't wait to hear more from them in the future.:up: :up: :love:

Cool :up: My favorite SP songs are "Wow" and "Hands Open." There is not one SP song I do not like. :) Sure, I like some more than others.

I haven't listened to The Bravery in a long time but they were the warm up band for Incubus and they rocked the house, Incubus did as well! ;) They start to sound the same sometimes but they have a cool upbeat pop and rock sound to them. "Believe" is an awesome song. So is "An Honest Mistake."

Last edited:
Never got into The Bravery, but I haven't given them much of a chance.

I'm a huge Snow Patrol fan because of Final Straw. Eyes Open annoys me because its much more simple and often times a bit sappy, and because of the Chasing Cars phenomenon, it sure is catchy but it sucks that that is the song that categorizes them to the general public. Not that EO didn't have great tracks, like "Set the Fire to the Third Bar", "Hands Open", "Shut Your Eyes", etc. I really love "Signal Fire" as well independent of Spider-Man. Can't wait for a new album.

The Bravery are like a dirty bastard child of a New Order, The Killers, every poppy New Wave band from the early '80s and a decent amount of water.

That being said, they're not terrible, but they're not that good either. Just there.

Bravery are decent, and one of those bands who are ignored by both Australian commercial and mainstream radio (like Travis, Oasis).

"Time Won't Let Me Go" is awesome, such identifiable lyrics. Unconditional is freaking awesome as well.

Bravery >>>> Snow Patrol

Second The Bravery album = sucks
Second Keane album = sucks
Snow Patrol = beyond that one single, who cares
Franz Ferdinand = old news

And there's your update on bands who used to be popular.

Who cares what the popular radio thinks about Snow Patrol, play their album Final Straw, its excellent and creative.

Canadiens1160 said:

And there's your update on bands who used to be popular.

Aw. To be fair, they've only had a couple albums out and only been around for a few years. Let's give 'em a bit more time before calling them old news.

Anywho, that's cool regarding the Bravery and Incubus (another band who aren't too bad based on what I've heard), Cute Irish Bono :). I think I'd probably listen to Snow Patrol more often than the Bravery, though-I just like what I've heard by them more *Shrugs*. Heard a lot of good things about Final Straw, I'll keep an eye out for that one. How many albums have they had out now?

Angela

I have The Bravery's first album.

I haven't listened to it in over a year.

corianderstem said:
I like Snow Patrol but had to take a break from their last album after being clubbed to death from hearing "Chasing Cars" 5,236,236 times on the radio, TV, movie previews, etc.

:laugh: I know how you feel!

Moonlit_Angel said:

Aw. To be fair, they've only had a couple albums out and only been around for a few years. Let's give 'em a bit more time before calling them old news.

Anywho, that's cool regarding the Bravery and Incubus (another band who aren't too bad based on what I've heard), Cute Irish Bono :). I think I'd probably listen to Snow Patrol more often than the Bravery, though-I just like what I've heard by them more *Shrugs*. Heard a lot of good things about Final Straw, I'll keep an eye out for that one. How many albums have they had out now?

Angela

As far as Snow Patrol goes they have 4 albums to date.

Songs for Polarbears (1998)
When It's All Over We Still Have to Clear Up (2001)
Final Straw (2003)
Eyes Open (2006)

I highly recommend the first two albums. SP at there rawest and different.. I really like them.. :D

Anu, I hope you get to see them next tour.. Sorry that happened...Maybe with their growing popularity that they will venture into more cities like Nashville on their next tour..

I finally got to see them march of this year and it was AMAZING.. They are a great live band...:D

Canadiens1160 said:

Franz Ferdinand has great guitars but the lead singer's voice sounds like his trying to sound romantic or something but he doesn't pull it off. I have always liked "Take Me Out." I got their first album but wasn't impressed more annoyed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom