The Brasilian soccer team is lucky I...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mbi16

War Child
can't afford to go to Korea, Japan, or wherever the heck they are to kick their arse. What a fecking circus, that wasn't a game that was like watching a soccer coach teaching little 5 years old to play and going easy on them and smiling whenever they did something good ARGH!!!! WTF was Rivaldo doing at the end of the match? And Ronaldinho (11) do you need me to move the goal for you? HOW THE HECK DID HE MISS ALL THOSE!!!! And yes people the objective of the game is to put the ball in the net not dance with in front of the goal. AAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!! I hate this team....so much potential and they play like shite. Yes I'm Brasilian I'm allowed to bitch, and sorry but I needed vent.

Puta merda Marina, que bando de mercen?rios...minha vontade era de chutar o traseiro de cada um...menos do Juninho, pra mim o melhor em campo.

Sorry guys, end of rant in portuguese :wink: mbi16 is right, they could do much better than that...but anyways it's our team and we won. Lets see what happens in the next match on Saturday.

:cool:

follower said:
Puta merda Marina, que bando de mercen?rios...minha vontade era de chutar o traseiro de cada um...menos do Juninho, pra mim o melhor em campo.

Hey I understood that!!!!
Brazil will play better!

Last edited:
I'm sure you need to know this...I was running around the loungeroom with my Ronaldo shirt over my head.That's my boy!!

plus I want to see if this avatar doovelackey is working:)

You know rafmed, some things always sound better in my own language :lol:

My previous reply here was right after re-watching the game. And I got pissed. So many stars and we?re still don?t have the team we?ve dreamt of. Only time will tell but our coach Felip?o is doing his best.

Latinamerica power

Oh I know about talking trash to our teams ;)

Brazil can save some games with the individual talent they have, but yes, they will need to find the team work.

Lets hope our latinamerica teams advance. :yes:

follower said:

Maria you nearly killed me with laughter...you know the most annoying thing was that the announcers here were all very pleased with the performance. They're all like great game, brilliant performance by Ronaldo, blah blah blah it makes me wonder if they were even watching the same game as I was. And of course Juninho was the best player in field he's from S?o Paulo Futebol Clube, my favorite team :sexywink: Frieking bunch of overpaid lazy ass superstars, it's so frustrating to watch cause you know they can play better but they don't, but they don't care. ARGH!!! I'm gonna have a heart-attack before this is over.

Raf I love your avatar...*waits patiently for mine to be completed*

Okay, maybe I should apologize :lol:, that was not exactly polite, coming from a lady like me :sexywink: and I thought only Marina would get it...BUT THOSE GUYS GET ME MAD SOMETIMES. I WANT NO MORE STARS BUT A REAL TEAM!

Okay, I?ll calm down now. I?m bitter.
:lemon:

Last edited:
Experience tells me that all u should worry about is the result- All of the last 3 world cups have been won by teams that fought through some pretty ugly football at times. They mastered the art of securing a result without playing great, and thats exactly what Brazil did against Turkey, and will have to do a few more times if theyre to win it this year.

brettig is right
probly the main reason holland willl never win the world championship (if we manage to qualify that is :| )

brettig said:
Experience tells me that all u should worry about is the result- All of the last 3 world cups have been won by teams that fought through some pretty ugly football at times. They mastered the art of securing a result without playing great, and thats exactly what Brazil did against Turkey, and will have to do a few more times if theyre to win it this year.

brettig, the voice of the reason...but it?s not enough, it?s definitely not enough my friend, I would exchange a few stars for a more cohesive group, more comitted to our very own nation, you know. I can?t help feeling kinda disappointed with it. :huh:

I agree, I'm not big fan of Brazil, but they were very disappointing. They were most un-Brazil-like. Getting the ball wide and throwing crosses into the box doesn't speak to me of the swift and incisive passing that is usually associated with them. also they seem to be packing the midfield, with less than attacking players.
It seems the team consists of a few superstars Ronaldo, Rivaldo et al, and a lot of inadequate players, I thought Ronaldihno and Roque Junior were quite frankly awful.
I also fail to see why Roberto Carlos is in the team sometimes. OK so he scored a couple of good free kicks, 4 years ago!!! he isnt a very good defender, he tends to try to be fancy when the ball needs booted out of defence, he is greedy, tends to cut inside and shoot rather than pass, and when he does put crosses in, they were rarely any good. He also seem ill-disciplined, and dives.
As for Rivaldo, his actions speak for themselves, I hear he's subject to a FIFA disciplinary hearing but he wont be banned. also the sending off will stand. (which is ok I suppose...)

brettig said:

Ugly football or not, Germany 90, Brazil 94 and France 98, always had good team work, something this Brazil is very far from it, they saved Turkey game with individual performance.

They still have time, lets see what happens, so far only Italy and Argentina, even not pretty, look like strong teams.

Last edited:
well you learn something new every day.
You can only edit for 20 minutes aftre you post. hmmmmmmbummer for a serail editor such as myself. Does this mean I have to stop talking shite?

I thought I should say, the shirt caper, was well before the game started. I get into it with the food , the music, the antics. I like to tease my boys too, to get them back for all the teasing they do to me.
Brasilllllllllllllll, the home of japoticabas ( I know I go on about them, but that tree is amazing, it's fruited about 5 times this year and it's covered in flowers again!!I want to plant a field of them.
June 5 today World Environment Day..a good day to start.
Save the Rainforest....PLEASE.

I am still learning to drive this new fangled thing:D which is why I have added the pic of my Diego Placente lookalike. They move in a similar way and even both wear #13
GO THE BEARS

Attachments

• raasoccer 1.jpg
    raasoccer 1.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
It?s all about the "R", you know ;)

I won?t curse anybody this time around ;), Brasil played better than the first time. Still lots of improvement are necessary though. But I can say I?m almost happy now :D

Excuse-me but...Marina! Fala a?, onde ? que tu andas garota? E a?, viu o jogo? Parece que as coisas melhoraram, pelo menos n?o fiquei t?o furiosa, LOL ;)

follower said:

Sorry guys, end of rant in portuguese :wink: mbi16 is right, they could do much better than that...but anyways it's our team and we won. Lets see what happens in the next match on Saturday.

Well, i did not see the second half. Sleep did beat me. :) How can a team win without playing soccer,....watch Brazil and you will know the answer,.....

if Cafu and Roberto Carlos keep playing like they did today
and nothing happens to Ronaldo + Rivaldo
then Brasil is one of the best teams out there

Salome said:
if Cafu and Roberto Carlos keep playing like they did today
and nothing happens to Ronaldo + Rivaldo
then Brasil is one of the best teams out there

:yes:

You know Salome...being the only resident Brasilian here (now that mbi16 and Desert Rose are currently living in Dublin) I feel kinda lonely sometimes. Sooooo...come what may, would you hold my hand when we play the final match? :sexywink:

I would love to have all you nice Dutch out there keeping your fingers crossed for Brasil. :cool:

Last edited:
I hope rivaldo does not hurt itself. I heard, if a ball hits his hand he will hurt his foot.

Beautifull goal by Carlos,....

LOL again Rono :D

I agree with you on Roberto Carlos, he was the best player of this 2nd match, along with Cafu. Odd enough Juninho was awful this time around.

Now I'm wondering where my good friend Marina has been...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Can?t help posting this picture...nice
1745371139.jpg

Brazil's Roberto Carlos (L) celebrates his goal against China with team mate Juninho and Brazil's coach Luiz Felipe Scolari (bottom) in the first half of their World Cup Finals match in Sogwipo June 8, 2002. REUTERS/Andrew Wong

wow this thread still lives *waves* I'm right here...check out the avatar

<----- points

LOL Yes they did play a lot better, I still think they're lacking a little passion, they look a little lazy but at least it was more like a team. As long as Roberto Carlos doesn't attempt any more bicycle kicks to clear the ball out of the area like he so kindly did against France in 98 I'm pretty sure it's in the bag, but I'm not celebrating just yet. And don't worry Maria I'll be there to hold your hand during the final match...*wonders if it's a good idea to take a laptop to a pub*

mbi16 said:
wow this thread still lives *waves* I'm right here...check out the avatar

Nice avatar!!! Really nice. :yes:

You?re right in everything you said. Despite being kinda upset with our Sele??o I can?t help feeling so anxious and eager for goals when they?re playing.

The most difficult part for me is still keeping my fingers crossed while biting my nails desperatedly. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom