The BRAND New English Footy Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad ur having a good time Party Boy!!:rockon:

23/24 Apr
Aston Villa v Bolton 2-1
Blackburn v Man City 1-2
Chelsea v Fulham 2-1
C Palace v Liverpool 1-3
Everton v Birmingham 2-2
Middlesbrough v West Brom 2-1
Norwich v Charlton 1-1
Man Utd v Newcastle 2-1
Portsmouth v Southampton 1-2
Plymouth v Coventry 2-0
Bonus game: Shrewsbury v Notts County 0-0

30 Apr/01 May

Birmingham v Blackburn 0-1
Bolton v Chelsea 0-3
Fulham v Everton 0-2
Liverpool v Middlesbrough 2-2
Man City v Portsmouth 2-0
Newcastle v C Palace 3-2
Southampton v Norwich 0-1
Charlton v Man Utd 0-2
Tottenham v Aston Villa 2-1
Gillingham v Cardiff 1-1
Bonus game: Stockport v Wrexham 2-2

23/24 Apr
Aston Villa v Bolton 1-2
Blackburn v Man City 0-1
Chelsea v Fulham 2-0
C Palace v Liverpool 1-2
Everton v Birmingham 1-0
Middlesbrough v West Brom 2-0
Norwich v Charlton 1-3
Man Utd v Newcastle 2-1
Portsmouth v Southampton 1-1
Plymouth v Coventry 1-0
Bonus game: Shrewsbury v Notts County 2-1

30 Apr/01 May
Birmingham v Blackburn 1-1
Bolton v Chelsea 1-2
Fulham v Everton 0-2
Liverpool v Middlesbrough 2-0
Man City v Portsmouth 2-1
Newcastle v C Palace 2-2
Southampton v Norwich 2-1
Charlton v Man Utd 1-2
Tottenham v Aston Villa 1-1
Gillingham v Cardiff 2-0
Bonus game: Stockport v Wrexham 1-1

23/24 Apr
Aston Villa v Bolton 1-1
Blackburn v Man City 0-2
Chelsea v Fulham 2-0
C Palace v Liverpool 1-2
Everton v Birmingham 3-1
Middlesbrough v West Brom 4-1
Norwich v Charlton 2-2
Man Utd v Newcastle 2-1
Portsmouth v Southampton 0-1
Plymouth v Coventry 2-1
Bonus game: Shrewsbury v Notts County 2-1

30 Apr/01 May
Birmingham v Blackburn 2-0
Bolton v Chelsea 0-2
Fulham v Everton 0-4
Liverpool v Middlesbrough 4-2
Man City v Portsmouth 2-1
Newcastle v C Palace 2-0
Southampton v Norwich 2-0
Charlton v Man Utd 1-2
Tottenham v Aston Villa 4-1
Gillingham v Cardiff 2-1
Bonus game: Stockport v Wrexham 1-2

Aardvark747 said:

0-0 prediction from me!:wink:

well you were right. i missed the game as i was at work but as much as i would have liked to beat arsenal a draw is fine. all we need now is 5 more points and the title is ours. even wenger has offically conceded the title is ours now.

and what was with neville? has he totally lost the plot..kicking the ball at the fans :scratch: and then scholes get the red is crazy.

great performance from Inter to beat Juve in Turin. The good run continues in the wake of those awful scenes in the UCL second leg....

Aston Villa 1 Bolton 2
Blackburn 1 Man City 1
Chelsea 3 Fulham 1
C Palace 0 Liverpool 2
Everton 0 Birmingham 0
Middlesbrough 1 West Brom 2
Norwich 2 Charlton 1
Man Utd 0 Newcastle 0
Portsmouth 0 Southampton 2
Plymouth 3 Coventry 2
Bonus game: Shrewsbury 1 Notts County 2

As for Gary Neville there doesn't seem to be a lot of fuss for what was a really stupid and unpleasant thing, it doesn't seem a million miles from what Carragher or Cantona did yet the media seem to have 'let him off'.
I wonder whether this could be because Carragher is a scouser and Cantona a Frenchmen. In the case of Carragher there was much greater provacation than Neville suffered from.

If Robben is fit next year I'm putting money on Holland to win the World Cup.
Chelsea almost there and I think Robben's return to fitness may give them a better chance against Liverpool on Wednesday.

United need fresh blood all over the club, on the pitch and off it. Why has no one realised that Queiroz is a complete dick head? And why does Fergie think a new approach would be such a bad thing?

Tarquinsuperb u really think Holland can stop the Brazilian juggernaut (Ronaldo, Kaka, Adriano, Ronaldinho).

D'oh! said:
Tarquinsuperb u really think Holland can stop the Brazilian juggernaut (Ronaldo, Kaka, Adriano, Ronaldinho).

Yes - this would seem an open and shut case based on World Cup history - if the tournament is held in Europe then a European team wins it, if it's elsewhere then a South American side wins it, the only exception was 1958 and that is going back quite some way.

I don't deny that on paper the prosect of Kaka and Ronaldinho is terrifying but I'm not convinced that they'll walk the tornament, I must admit I don't know much about Adriano but Ronaldo looks well past his best. When I saw him at Chelsea Ronaldinho carried a very ordinary team and is probably the best player I have ever seen but I don't think single players have the same effect at the World Cup. If you list the four best players then lots of teams have a wow factor about them.

the point u make about World Cup History vis a vis European teams winning it in Europe is definetely a valid one. I just think that more and more it is less of an advantage now what with almost all the major South American players plying their trade in the various European leagues the say maybe 20-30 years ago.

When i listed those four, i meant that if it came down to Holland v Brazil then maybe the challenge for the dutch would be to shutout Brazil rather than outscore them, which to me still seems a tall order.

well with brazils performance recently i dont think it's as much of an uphill climb as it seems on paper. i have no idea to be honest about hollands chances. they have an amazing attack with robben and ruud van horseface but i haven't seen them actually play yet so i can't really judge them as a whole. i'll hold my judgement unitl the WC actually starts.

as for my team....another game another win. today i'll be cheering on the spurs to at least draw at highbury so the title will be in the bag and we can look ahead to liverpool with not a worry on wednesday. was really gald to see robben back in the team. he stil looked outstanding even with being off that amount of time. was disappointed with ricky's fuck up on fulhams goal. he really should have done better and i think that petr thought so too cause he seemed to kinda just watched them come toward him and wasn't expected carvahlo to be outmuscled for the ball. and duffer at LB??? that was crazy but also cool to see him and robben not only be on the pitch together but also on the same side of the pitch. fulhams LB must have been shitting himself.

also ecstatic with JT winning the player of the year award. :dancing: :applaud:

on to liverpool on wednesday...originally i was really glad to see that baros was injured and would probably be out for the CL game but as most times he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat i think i take that back . :giggle: that leaves cisse which is not up to full fitness yet. i caught glimpes of him againts CP on saturday but i really wasn't paying attention to how well he was playing. and is moirentes cup tied? oh well i hope we win but against liverpool you never know. :shrug:

GO CHELSEA!!!!

GO SPURS!!!!! :huh:

Bloody Chelsea. :madspit: COME ON REDS! Urgh, I somehow don't think it will happen, but one can only hope.

so we offically have a new sponsor for out cenntennial year. we just signed a 50 million pound 5 year contract with samsung mobile. it the biggest shirt sponsorship deal in english history even eclipsing man utd deal with vodophone.

here' s a picture of our new shirt....i for one like it but i'm kinda confused as adidas is our new kit sponsor and it looks like they still have the umbro logo on this one. maybe the adidas deal doesn't start until the season after next. :scratch:

52693271.jpg

Sweet Tart said:
so we offically have a new sponsor for out cenntennial year. we just signed a 50 million pound 5 year contract with samsung mobile. it the biggest shirt sponsorship deal in english history even eclipsing man utd deal with vodophone.

here' s a picture of our new shirt....i for one like it but i'm kinda confused as adidas is our new kit sponsor and it looks like they still have the umbro logo on this one. maybe the adidas deal doesn't start until the season after next. :scratch:

52693271.jpg

:madspit:
Arrogant gits!!!!

...god im jealous:sad:

don't be jealous....it's ok. :hug:

and i just found out that adidas deal doesn't start til the summer of 2006 so for centennery year it will be samsung sponsor with the umbro kit.

and as much as i worry about kenyon after all this tapping up shit i have to give it to the guy....50 million shirt sponsor 100 million kit sponsor....he sure know how to make a deal . :yes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom