The BRAND New English Footy Discussion Thread - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-03-2005, 02:35 PM   #136
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
uwwedoogie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Cork, Ireland... IM BACK!
Posts: 3,618
Local Time: 11:51 PM
DaceC... just wait... just fucking wait
__________________

__________________
uwwedoogie is offline  
Old 05-03-2005, 02:48 PM   #137
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,389
Local Time: 06:51 PM
I will be stunned if the final is anything less than 2-0 or 3-0 in favor of AC.

And I say that as a Juventus fan!

PS: Make no mistake, I don't mean that in a "I hold a grudge against Liverpool for putting out Juve" way. I mean that in a "AC v the Bianconeri fighting for Serie A title" way. I was actually hoping for 'Pool win this game. But that was more because I hate Chelsea I think.
__________________

__________________
DaveC is online now  
Old 05-04-2005, 01:52 AM   #138
Blue Crack Addict
 
Aardvark747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Obscured By Clouds...
Posts: 22,359
Local Time: 11:51 PM
Well done Kop boys!! Great result and to Jose, I say just this....




__________________
Aardvark747 is offline  
Old 05-04-2005, 02:40 AM   #139
Refugee
 
Party Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Toronto. From Kildare, Ireland originally.
Posts: 1,408
Local Time: 12:51 AM
Good game I thought. Chelsea are just missing something in the final third. Drogba is useless and clearly they missed the guile of both Duff and a fully fit Robben.

Fair play to liverpool though. They have done much better than anyone could have guessed
__________________
Party Boy is offline  
Old 05-04-2005, 03:47 AM   #140
Refugee
 
bedouin fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: lisbon
Posts: 1,374
Local Time: 12:51 AM
As the world knows, Mourinho is still the best. Being beaten by a virtual goal doesn't count.
__________________
bedouin fire is offline  
Old 05-04-2005, 05:31 AM   #141
Refugee
 
Sweet Tart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Halifax
Posts: 2,064
Local Time: 07:51 PM
well that well and truly sucks but i honestly didn't even think we'd get this far when we drew barca so this was more than i expected.

and law of averages and all the pool were due a win against us. unfortunately it had to be in the CL . but in a sense the pool have fucked themselves cause with 2 games left and one of them against arsenal they have to hope everton fuck up and they win their last 2 games or that they win against ac milan in the final to get back in the champs league next year.

they have no flying chance in hell to beat ac milan. we didn't have much of one if we had bet liverpool yesterday so i predict a 4-0 thrashing of the pool. the only chance they have left is that everton are playing both aresenal and bolton but they also have a game in hand as well. i personally will be rooting for both everton and ac milan cause i would love to have liverpool not make the champs league at all next year.
__________________
Sweet Tart is offline  
Old 05-04-2005, 07:24 AM   #142
Refugee
 
Party Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Toronto. From Kildare, Ireland originally.
Posts: 1,408
Local Time: 12:51 AM
well, they beat Juventus over 2 legs which no one would have expected either so they do have a chance against AC Milan (if they get through). Think it will be a close game.. closer than people expect..
__________________
Party Boy is offline  
Old 05-04-2005, 07:50 AM   #143
Blue Crack Addict
 
Aardvark747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Obscured By Clouds...
Posts: 22,359
Local Time: 11:51 PM
2-1 to the Kop in 3 wks time!!!
__________________
Aardvark747 is offline  
Old 05-04-2005, 09:32 AM   #144
Acrobat
 
Achtung Joshua!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Red Hill Mining Town
Posts: 357
Local Time: 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Party Boy
well, they beat Juventus over 2 legs which no one would have expected either so they do have a chance against AC Milan (if they get through). Think it will be a close game.. closer than people expect..
They beat an injury plagued Juventus so your comment makes no sense at all but that's cause you probably don't follow Serie A soccer or Juve. A fully fit Juve would be preparing for the finals right now but that's the way things go sometimes (when it rains it pours so the saying goes). And no, they don't have a chance against AC Milan. Serie A soccer is famous for their tight defensive play and we all know Milan can break through and shut down whenever they feel like it. The final should've been Juve against Milan in a real battle but as far as this final goes...

AC Milan 3
(the other team) 0
__________________
Achtung Joshua! is offline  
Old 05-04-2005, 02:46 PM   #145
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
1stepcloser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 3,764
Local Time: 12:51 AM
God i hate italian football
__________________
1stepcloser is offline  
Old 05-05-2005, 01:57 AM   #146
Blue Crack Addict
 
Aardvark747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Obscured By Clouds...
Posts: 22,359
Local Time: 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Aardvark747
2-1 to the Kop in 3 wks time!!!
I agree with this legend's post.
__________________
Aardvark747 is offline  
Old 05-05-2005, 02:04 AM   #147
Refugee
 
Party Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Toronto. From Kildare, Ireland originally.
Posts: 1,408
Local Time: 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Achtung Joshua!


They beat an injury plagued Juventus so your comment makes no sense at all but that's cause you probably don't follow Serie A soccer or Juve. A fully fit Juve would be preparing for the finals right now but that's the way things go sometimes (when it rains it pours so the saying goes). And no, they don't have a chance against AC Milan. Serie A soccer is famous for their tight defensive play and we all know Milan can break through and shut down whenever they feel like it. The final should've been Juve against Milan in a real battle but as far as this final goes...

AC Milan 3
(the other team) 0
Well, am an Arsenal fan and considering PSV beat AC Milan 3-1 last night, I think your over-estimating how good AC Milan are. PSV were in Arsenals group in Champions league this season - we beat them 1-0 at home and drew 1-1 away with 9 (nine!) men. Liverpool have been injury plagued aswell this season (Cisse, Alonso to name but two who missed the juve games).

As for watching Italian football, yeah I watch it though am not a great fan of Italian style of football.
__________________
Party Boy is offline  
Old 05-05-2005, 05:29 AM   #148
Blue Crack Addict
 
Aardvark747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Obscured By Clouds...
Posts: 22,359
Local Time: 11:51 PM
I hope we can beat Chelsea next week....then their season wont finish *totally* rosey....




...tho they have won the league
__________________
Aardvark747 is offline  
Old 05-05-2005, 08:50 AM   #149
Acrobat
 
Achtung Joshua!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Red Hill Mining Town
Posts: 357
Local Time: 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Party Boy


Well, am an Arsenal fan and considering PSV beat AC Milan 3-1 last night, I think your over-estimating how good AC Milan are. PSV were in Arsenals group in Champions league this season - we beat them 1-0 at home and drew 1-1 away with 9 (nine!) men. Liverpool have been injury plagued aswell this season (Cisse, Alonso to name but two who missed the juve games).

As for watching Italian football, yeah I watch it though am not a great fan of Italian style of football.
PSV at home were amazing and showed why they are Dutch champs. AC Milan played their worst game in a long time and I didn't like the fact that they were concentrating on defending instead of scoring (damn Italians will never learn ). But no, I don't think I'm over-estimating AC Milan (eventhough I hate them being a Juve fan myself). When they're firing on all cylinders there has been no better team in soccer this year.
__________________
Achtung Joshua! is offline  
Old 05-05-2005, 12:37 PM   #150
War Child
 
D'oh!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: India
Posts: 685
Local Time: 05:21 AM
id like to see what happens if Everton finishes 4th and Liverpool somehow upsets Milan in the final.
The FA make that decision, what a hard one it will be.
__________________

__________________
D'oh! is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com