The Boss: VH1 Story Tellers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sue4u2

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
This is soooo good. It's on now in the central time zone. 9pm.
One of the best I've ever seen Vh1 do.

Bruce is a truly natural storyteller.

Edited to say: I first saw him, "Live" in 1975. This show is bringing back some really great memories.

Last edited:
This was a wonderful show.

I teared up when Bruce was talking about his friend who died and how whenever she came to visit, he would see her walk past a window as she walked up to the house before she got to the door...and how he still expects to see her, even though she has passed away...

saw about 10 mins of this last night- when bruce was describing how he was caught at a strip club by some fans once... :lmao:

a girl i know actually went to this "storytellers" taping, and saw bill flanagan there (i think he's the president of vh1). she asked him whether U2 would ever do a 'storytellers', and he said that they've been approached numerous times but have always turned vh1 down. *sigh*

I only caught about 10 minutes of it. Did he talk through all the songs? During the part I saw he sang a few lines then talked about it, then sang a few more lines and talked about it, as though he were teaching his songs in a classroom. As much as I love Bruce, I found it incredibly irritating and wondered if he did that through the whole show or if he ever actually just sang songs without interruption. My friend was so annoyed we had to change the channel and I figured I'd catch the rerun.

Can't wait to see him in a couple of weeks. :hyper:

there was talking through all of them. it seemed in most parts like it was an editing thing rather than something he was doing, because there was some form of the song still playing while he was talking. i didn't pay that much attention..

I didn't like the way Vh1 edited it (one second he's peforming, next he's talking). I also wished they gave him more time for a real setlist, not a four to ten song show. But, still, he is an awsome performer (saw him on Vote For Change in Orlando) and a great storyteller.

Good news for those who want to see more Bruce Springsteen Storytellers. Vh1 Classic will air a special extended version of the show. It will even be commercial-free. Hope it does Bruce justice.

:rockon:

Back
Top Bottom