The Bledsoe Cup is Fast Approaching!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yertle-the-turtle said:
Anyway this argument is ridiculous. I don't actually want to see people get injured while watching/playing sport. Arguing that sport A is more dangerous than sport B serves no purpose. I like rugby more than American Football because I think it's infinitely more interesting, not because more people die playing it. End of.

It isn't the fact that it is more or less dangerous than American Football. But the physical element of Rugby Union is one of the many, many factors that makes it one of the greatest games on earth.

But if some want to claim that NFL has a level of physicality equal or greater than Rugby Union then that deserves to be disproven.

yertle-the-turtle said:
The Bledisloe Cup refers to the annual match between Australia and New Zealand in the year's Tri-Nations.

Drew Bledsoe, from what I understand, is the bloke in the picture that Headache posted. He plays American Football. He was making what we like to call in these parts a 'clever pun', of which some have taken umbrage because they fail to see the joke.

Anyway this argument is ridiculous. I don't actually want to see people get injured while watching/playing sport. Arguing that sport A is more dangerous than sport B serves no purpose. I like rugby more than American Football because I think it's infinitely more interesting, not because more people die playing it. End of.

:bow: thank you

i'm not trying to prove football is even as dangerous as rugby... i've seen rugby in person, watched it on tv... i know what it's all about.

but there's a misconception amongst those who enjoy rugby that american football is some sort of sissy sport because they wear so many pads. and it's just ludicris... (starts humming move bitch get out the way...)

being blindsided by a 270 poud linerbacker who runs a 40 so fast that he would qualify for the olympic sprinting team in most countries is akin to being hit by a small compact vehicle. frankly, i'll take a "ruck" over that any day.

Back
Top Bottom