The Black Keys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Check these guys out, just had a new album released, what I have heard so far is excellent. They have a nice sound that some compare to the White Stripes (though I dont).

Thier new album thickfreakness is just out, thier debut is excellent as well. The best thing to come out of Akron, Ohio....

have I ever led you astray kids?

-EP

Elvis Presley said:

have I ever led you astray kids?

-EP

No, but Jimmy has. Multiple times.

Back to the topic, I listened to some of their songs on a listening display, I felt a definite garage rock vibe going. I honestly dont remember the songs well enough to remember if I liked them or not though.

I just listened to the song "Thickfreakness" by Black Keys. It's on the new 'Punkorama' compilation.

I like the whole "blues" feel and vibe of it.

Very cool. I agree, they dont sound like the White Stripes (other than there is guitar, drums, and a guy singing).

very timely EP. When I turned on the radio this morning White Stripes were playing. It was followed by a Black Keys song, but the DJ never announced the title of the song. Isaid to hub his band really should learn the song. It sounded like them, I could just hear his singer doing it. They rarely act immediately on my recommendations, but some weeks later they have a new song on their list and I usually say, my o my , what a good idea to play THAT one...wish I'd thought of that. MEN!! men in bands...even worse!!

j/k:heart:

best thing from Akron? are we not men? no! we are DEVO! whip it good!
it's a beautiful world...well some bits of it, the music bit anyways:wave:
I haven't given up hope on a Splendour In The Grass ticket. I still want to see/hear "the music". Did I read that your Field Day was cancelled? bummer.
white stripes, black keys
your true colours are beautiful like a....

yellow...........

I don't care if I don't see coldplay live now. Pennyblack do a great version of "yellow" Shay baby:heart:

!WOW! you guys get all the good stuff. Beck AND the Black Keys on the one show.
I seriously need to save $$ in case U2 and/or Metallica tour Australia

Elvis Presley said:
they are opening for Beck now, damn I gotta go, see the Beck tour dates thread for details.....

I'm going to see them both tonite. I was kinda bummed that Dashboard Confessional bolted from the tour, but I'm excited to see The Black Keys. Hopefully Beck will get all freaky-deaky on us and do some stuff from Midnite Vultures.

i've still only heard the song on punk o rama 8, but i did like it. don't know why i didn't open this thread earlier. cos i'm a loser (no beck-joke intended. seriously.well...maybe...:sexywink: )

Thickfreakness really is a quality album as a whole, I need to buy it instead of just listening to the mp3s

(see other thread)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom