The big U.S. tours of 2006?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
In 2005, it seemed like all the big acts toured. Many of those tours will be moving to other parts of the world in 2006, but the U.S. is in for a pretty barren year in 2006. I'll probably go to some smaller concerts like Franz Ferdinand or the Darkness, and of course my friends and I will have our annual Dave Matthews Band concert, but that's more of a big party with a great house band than an actual concert. I'm just wondering if anybody truly worth seeing is going to be around in 2006.

I caught wind about a possible Pearl Jam tour. If so, that'll be on my list. Anybody think Radiohead will be on tour?

Not your thing I assume, but Coldplay is still touring the US next year. Radiohead will be on tour at some point, possibly as early as summer.
I don't think the UK is in for as great a year as this one has been either. Hopefully, the albums of next year will be better than this one though, to make up for it.
Two acts I'm really looking forward to seeing are Muse and Radiohead, though I hope Snow Patrol and The Music will be touring the UK too.

The_acrobat said:
In 2005, it seemed like all the big acts toured. Many of those tours will be moving to other parts of the world in 2006, but the U.S. is in for a pretty barren year in 2006. I'll probably go to some smaller concerts like Franz Ferdinand or the Darkness, and of course my friends and I will have our annual Dave Matthews Band concert, but that's more of a big party with a great house band than an actual concert. I'm just wondering if anybody truly worth seeing is going to be around in 2006.

I caught wind about a possible Pearl Jam tour. If so, that'll be on my list. Anybody think Radiohead will be on tour?

It's only December though. It's way too early to assume so much about the entirety of 2006 and what the concert offerings hold. For the winter of 2006 in the US, yes, I'd say things look pretty quiet, if you're talking about big bands. For me, I'm looking fwd to seeing the Strokes and BRMC.

But for the rest of the year, it's just too early to assume so much since many artists haven't announced their plans yet.

I'm definitely looking forward to Pearl Jam as I missed them during the Riot Act tour! Also I'm hoping Radiohead tours the States sometime soon.. since I've grown very fond of them lately!

Well Madonna has indicated she'll tour - i'd imagine stadiums this time - the arenas sell out multiple nights and she keeps bitching she can only tour when her kids are off from school... I doubt that would interest many here, but there you go. I'd say barring a return tour by U2 or Rolling Stones she'll be the shoe in for the years biggest tour.

Well, here's my Winter/Spring concert schedule so far:

2.7.2006 Son Volt ---Chattanooga
2.14.2006 Sigur Ros ---Nashville
3.5.2006 Coldplay ---Tampa
5.13.2006 Elvis Costello ---Atlanta

Coldplay is probably the biggest act for the first part of the year, but yeah, as people said above, more big acts are probably going to schedule tours later. It's not even 2006 yet.

radiohead will likely have new product to flog, so they'll be touring in support of that. can't wait!

nine inch nails has already announced dates for a spring us tour. i'd love to catch them again, i saw them for the first time last month and it was incredible.

bollox said:
radiohead will likely have new product to flog, so they'll be touring in support of that. can't wait!

I can't wait either! I've never seen them and I've heard they're amazing live.

The Strokes better get their asses to Cleveland this time---I've been waiting about 4 years to see them!

2006 may be a lower key touring year than 2005 was, as a lot of major acts were out in 2005.

For the U.S, in early 2006, here are some tours I know about:

The Rolling Stones from January-March and rumored to be returning in September,
The Strokes in March-April,
Franz Ferdinand in March-April or longer,
David Gilmour in selected cities in April,
INXS in January-February with another US tour leg planned for the Spring,
Coldplay in January-April,
The Pretenders in Southern California show in March,
Bon Jovi in January to at least March,
Oasis doing a few US dates in March,
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club through March,
Richard Ashcroft opening for Coldplay in March-April and maybe doing his own shows,
Aerosmith and Lenny Kravitz touring together into March,

Here's various other acts that may tour:

Pearl Jam should tour the US behind a new album,
The Who have indicated they will tour the US in 2006 with some new music released in one form or another,
Madonna rumored for this summer,
Paul McCartney is rumored for another US tour in the Spring,
Radiohead has indicated they will tour the US in the Summer,
Morrissey should be touring the US this summer,
Jet has a new album due in June so they should tour behind it,
The Offspring should tour behind their upcoming album,
Live has a new album out in April and should tour the US behind it,
The Red Hot Chili Peppers are planning to play the US off and on from July-December,
Don Henley and Stevie Nicks, may be touring together this summer,
Elvis Costello should be touring this year,
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers intent to tour this year,
Bob Dylan should continue his touring,
Velvet Revolver are expected to have a new album this year and would tour behind it,
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band may have an album and tour later this year,
The Cure plan an album for this year, so a US tour could happen,
Sting is rumored to tour this year and has a date in Las Vegas at Tiger Woods charity show already announced for April 29th,
Travis will release a new album this year and should tour the US,
Eric Clapton may tour the US this year, as he already has shows in Europe,
a new version of The Cars is expected to tour this year,
Riders On The Storm, formerly The Doors of the 20th Century are expected to tour this year,
Simple Minds are expected to tour the US this year,
Sheryl Crow will probably tour more in the US this year,
Ray Davies is expected to tour the US,
The Pixies could do more touring this year,
John Lydon is expected to do a solo tour and possibly a Sex Pistols 30th anniversary tour.

There's a lot more that will happen, but those are some I have heard about.

If the rumors are true that Springsteen is planning a quick follow-up to his acoustic tour of last year with a new E Street album and tour, that would most definitely be one of the largest draws of the year.

Back
Top Bottom