The Big Read

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laura M

Blue Crack Addict
Has anyone been following The Big Read series??

I voted for Little Women the first time but now I can vote again because they have shortened it to 21 ( I think) books, I voted for Wuthering Heights this time round.

Free stuff makes life worthwhile!!!!

I am reading Pride & Prejudice at the moment - thats on the big read list - It old my friends yesterday and they all swooned and Said Oh Mr Darcy!!!

It MUST be good :hmm:

I havent read to kill a mockingbird read the same page about 50 times in it lol, a book I never liked and read it 3 times to see if I changed my mind was Catcher in the Rye

Wuthering Heights? Oh my goodness...I never got into that book. We had to read it in high school...I never finished it.

My English teacher for my A-levels sucked all the life and enjoyment out of reading - Frankenstein - everyone rants & raves about it - We studied it for 4 long long months - and it was only apiece of coursework

IF we actually studied our exam books for more than a month we might have been better prepared for the exam

Mrs.Clayton said:
Wuthering Heights? Oh my goodness...I never got into that book. We had to read it in high school...I never finished it.

I read it because I watched the film I watched the black and white version and then a colour version with Sinead O connor at the start of it Cathy is played by Juliette Binoche in it I really love it.

My brother loves that

I was intrigued to start reading it -so intrigued infact I put the book on my desk....

You dont have to live in Europe to vote i dont think :)

Sure bbc has news and views from ALL over the world I see americans posting on the have your say pages everyday :)

I've not read His Dark Materials, but I reckon I'm going to have to, cos everyone keeps raving about it.

I was watching this programme about clearing out junk from your house and auctioning it off the other day. This bloke had a first edition of His Dark Materials and it sold for ?1000 :ohmy:

Lara Mullen said:
I havent read to kill a mockingbird read the same page about 50 times in it lol, a book I never liked and read it 3 times to see if I changed my mind was Catcher in the Rye
:heart: Catcher in the Rye

Whats so good about Catcher in the Rye??

Ill maybe have to read it again :shrug:

bammo2 said:
I've not read His Dark Materials, but I reckon I'm going to have to, cos everyone keeps raving about it.

I was watching this programme about clearing out junk from your house and auctioning it off the other day. This bloke had a first edition of His Dark Materials and it sold for ?1000 :ohmy:

Sam told me about that!!!! He was so jealous!!

You can borrow the books from me if you want. :)

bammo bammo have you got your free calander yet? mnie came today its very very very nice :yes:

lol, I wondered that when I watched it too.

Apparently the BBC got in trouble for the section on Catcher in the Rye 'cause JD Salinger refused to allow any kind of dramatisation of his book and they kind of forgot to ask permission.

:uhoh:

Back
Top Bottom