the big 20 year......are YOU going to see it.....again?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Im talking about, due to celebrating its 20th Anniversary, E.T................?

Cause, I would've, but since learning and seeing how they took a fantastic original, and decided to fuck it up with computer graphics of ET and 'never-before-seen' footage, Ive decided 'naaah'...........like why?

Why would u want to screw up an original?
What the fuck for?

(sorry but its pissed me off
mad.gif
..)

I saw the comp graphs, ET looks more rubbery and anormal than his normal ordinary original (film) self!

fucking directors or whoevers fuking responsible tinking it will pull more by using fuking comp graph, when all it fuking does is fucks up an original, the stupid bloody buggery feckers!!!!!!!

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I haven't seen ET since I was little. However...I really don't remember what even happens in the video...so maybe I will go see it.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

I?ve never seen ET.

When it was in the cinema my mom thought it?s a horror movie and told me I couldn?t go.

It?s beene haunting me ever since - I?m the only person who?s never seen ET
icon9.gif

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

I got turned off to the re-issue when I heard Spielberg had F'ed with it a bit, including taking out toy guns and changing the word "terrorist" to "hippie" in Halloween scene when mother says "You're not going out dressed as a terrorist".
Too much Political Correctness.

If he wanted to do anything, he should have inserted the adult Drew Barrymore in place of the child, and see what ET's reaction to her is!
biggrin.gif

------------------
The joker is the best card.

hmmmm but like in 2007 will Star Wars be re-leased again on big screen?

I will be dead by then.........

always remember big Liam Neeson saying it was the first time an entire cinema in Belfast stood up and clapped after seeing it......
smile.gif

awwwww memories........
biggrin.gif

But he took the piss out of those standing in line in the States waitin for Star Wars 4...........the ones dressed up, actually the ones who take fantasy and Star Wars FAR too seriously........

I do love ET, and I really want to go see it again (since I never have seen it in a theater), but I dunno about the new stuff. I feel as though if I were to go I'd be supporting the 'take an old movie and doctor it and re-release it for more money off a classic' mentality....though I think they'll do it regardless of if I go see ET or not.

Speaking of ET, has anyone ever ridden that ride at Universal Studios in Florida? Where you ride on the bike and at the end they have ET say your name? 'Cos I have, and it creeped me out.

NO F*&^%$ WAY! That little guy scared the crap out of me when I was a child, and my fear has gotten worse. Gross Gross Gross. The movie of my generation? I THINK NOT!

Originally posted by Peaseblossom:
NO F*&^%$ WAY! That little guy scared the crap out of me when I was a child, and my fear has gotten worse. Gross Gross Gross. The movie of my generation? I THINK NOT!

ME TOO! I thought I was the only one that was terrified of ET as a child!
biggrin.gif

i cried when i 1st saw E.T. when i was like 4 but i read sumting funny the other day- when ET gets drunk- they used a kid without legs 2 play that part...lol

E.T.s face how they got it- Einsteins forehead and head on a babys face and his voice some woman and a chain smoker
smile.gif

True but boring facts
smile.gif
im going to c it again cus i dont like it but i feel i gotta go see it
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Lilly:
Speaking of ET, has anyone ever ridden that ride at Universal Studios in Florida? Where you ride on the bike and at the end they have ET say your name? 'Cos I have, and it creeped me out.

Yeah.. my entire family is comprised of themepark fanatics.
wink.gif
Me too, of course. I LOVE the ride, personally.. but I wouldn't go on it until a couple years ago.
redface.gif
Now I LOVE it.

As for the rest of this thread.. I honestly was never scared of ET. I am scared of everything and that was DEFINITELY not one of those things that scared me.
icon24.gif
And, yes, I'll be seeing it in theatres -- for one, I wasn't even born when it came out, and I have only seen the movie once, and loved it, so I'd love to see it in theatre.

Edit: I forgot to say why the ride scared me.
wink.gif
I was scared of it because of the bikes... um.. don't ask me why. lol.

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

[This message has been edited by elevatedmole (edited 03-13-2002).]

Acxtually Maddie, the first 3 Star Wars movies (Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi) already had a theatrical re-release in 1997 I believe, and made quite a bit of extra $$$.

Back
Top Bottom