The Best Years of Yer Life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
probably 0-12 years of age. no cares whatsoever. :crack:
considering I'm only 15 things will probably get a ton better so I guess I can't say what mine are yet :slant:

[COLOR=royal blue]MAN, Interference seems really slow lately. I would say that my best years are hopefully ahead of me....high school was really hard fer me. [/COLOR]

when I was young

no worries about life, no worries about girlws, no aorries about university or the futre

just going to the cabin and hanging out with my dad

life as I know it now is worth a bucket of steaming shit

Well, I'm only 20, but I'd say that my college years have been the best so far. But I do understand what others have been saying about being a kid- no worries, etc. Those were the days! :happy:

I dunno, I'd say since I'm 18, this has been the year to top them all. From say, last august to now.

In the smallest aspects:

I read lots of great books, from the autobiography of Malcolm X to The Wheel of Time series

I saw Spider-Man, A Beautiful Mind, Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings, Star Wars Epsiode 2, movies again, ranging from intellectually challenging to infantile escapism... and I love infantile escapism

Grrrrrrrrrrreat music- new Garbage, Silverchair, Springsteen, Oasis, Weezer, Counting Crows, Dave Matthews, Elvis Costello, and I could really go on a while

Bigger aspects:

Seeing U2 live and hearing Please with the full band

Seeing Weezer

Even Bigger:

Graduation from high school

1330 on my SATs

Got major scholarships and grants

And the biggest:

Falling in love. I love you Jen! Even though I know you won't read it on here... ;)

Once either drgn or I can move so that we can be together, I believe the best years of my life will begin.

Awwww Bonochick, how sweet!!!:cute:

The best years of my life were up until I was twelve years old.. Being a kid was so GREAT! No responsibilities, no work, no bills.

Being a teenager was very hard and being a grown up sucks!!

But not to be so dismal about the future, I am getting married in less than 3 months so as Bonochick says, the best years of our life are yet to come.

Being a little kid was decent but junior high (age 11-13) was horrendous, as was a good deal of high school (14-17). Luckily, though, as time went by from high school to college, each year got better than the last, so I really enjoyed both my senior year of high school and my senior year of college.
All of my years have had highlights and lowlights, some with more than others, but I think I'm still waiting for that really great year. If you had that end all, be all year, the one where you got practically everything you ever wanted or needed, what would be the point of having more years after that? I think it's good to be disappointed sometimes, it gives you hope that what comes next will be better -- and a lot of times it is!

so i know mona's heading off to become a terp----GO TERPS!!!---and i just wanted to say i think college is the best time....people dont realize how much freedom you have there....make the most of it....think beyond your experience....dream a bit.....try things, but don't be unsafe.....write some poetry and send it to the damn literary mag for god's sake!

and then any time spent with your main squeeze is good time....

Its a question that has an ever evolving answer. As life goes on, and things change, you look back on other parts of your life with differing reflection. For all the high schoolers who think HS is hard, in a few years you'll long to be back there, same for college students. But when you're done with school and some of life's responsibilities kick in, some benefits such as financial independence come along with it.
Enjoy wherever you are now, things will change, sometimes for the better, sometimes not, but you can never go back so make the most of all of life's stages.

2001 & 2002

Nothing really BAD happened, but I got even more good friends, got a band, met U2...

my school years. are fond fond memories. I was a senior in '77& '78.
my young mother days were filled with beautiful moments but tough too.
I am pleased to say I truly believe the best years are are yet to come, well maybe not years. I think the best is made up of interspersed moments rather than years.late 2001/early 02 have been great so far:)

Hewson said:

Enjoy wherever you are now, things will change, sometimes for the better, sometimes not, but you can never go back so make the most of all of life's stages.

:yes:

When I was 15, I thought things could only get better...then they got worse. And I thought they would get better....and they got worse. And so life goes...you just have to do the best you can with whatever you've got. Happiness is a state of mind. Even though your circumstances might not be great, you can MAKE them great! :)

[/Stuart Smalley motivational speech]

In high school, it always annoyed me when parents took pictures of their kids saying, "These are the best years of their lives!" GAH! :scream: Don't get me wrong, I loved high school while I was there, but I also didn't want to turn out like the characters in Bruce Springsteen's "Glory Days" sitting around talking about how good they were in high school 30 years after they'd graduated. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, since I had a pretty crappy first semester at college and the second semester started off crappy, I'd say that so far my best years were high school. However, my first year at college ended on a very good note and I'm really excited to get back (next week already!), so I know that there are even better times ahead! :)

I'd have to say 2001. I worked my ass off for my last semester of college,decided pretty much on an impulse to travel up to Calgary to visit a friend and see U2 for the first time, gave a solo recital I am still very proud of, graduated, picked up and moved out to California, fell in love with the most incredible woman I know, and saw U2 a couple more times in LA. 2002's been a little different, but you make the best with what you've got, they say.

Sure, I might have been overall happier as a little kid, but 2001 takes it because I was aware enough and mature enough to really appreciate what I had.

Back
Top Bottom