The Best Of Radiohead to be released on 2 June !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ponkine

Refugee
http://www.ateaseweb.com/2008/04/02/best-of-radiohead-to-be-released-ojune-2/

As reported earlier, EMI are set to release a ‘Best Of Radiohead’ album to coincide with Radiohead’s tour. The release date has now been set and the collection will be out in 3 different versions.

On June 2, you can find three version of ‘Best Of Radiohead’ in the shops. A single cd version, double cd version and a 4 LP limited edition box. Find the tracklistings below. The double CD is the single cd + a bonus disc. The 4 LP vinyl version is limited to pre-orders only and will be deleted on release and features all tracks from the double CD (CD1 + 2) in a box.

The single CD version (and CD 1 of the double CD) tracklisting:

Just
Paranoid Android
Karma Police
Creep
No Surprises
High and Dry
My Iron Lung
There There
Lucky
Fake Plastic Trees
Idioteque
2+2=5
The Bends
Pyramid Song
Street Spirit (Fade Out)
Everything In Its Right Place

[Best of Radiohead] CD 2 from the double album has the following tracks:

Airbag
I Might Be Wrong
Go To Sleep
Let Down
Planet Telex
Exit Music (For A Film)
The National Anthem
Knives Out
Talk Show Host
You
Anyone Can Play Guitar
How To Disappear Completely
True Love Waits

bestofwhitegm0.jpg

bestofblackhk8.jpg

:yes:

Oh my God! I already have all of those songs! :yippie:

:|

Of course, I guess it would be worse if they included a new song.

Radiohead must hate this.

All I Need is a live DVD. Thank you.

This is their chance to cash in now that Radiohead have walked away from them, not necessary for most people but I do kind of like the coverart.

Another moronic compilation of a band so diverse that a best of with a reasonable flow is impossible to accomplish.

Anyone Can Play Guitar (Why is that awful song on it at all? I know it was a single, but still) into How To Disappear Completely? Riiiiiiight.

At least the cover references one of my favorite pieces of Radiohead art. Still won't buy it though.

The LP vinyls will be cool for audiophiles . . . that's about the only reason I can see for anyone other than a casual fan to go out and buy these.

EMI's smoking crack if they think any serious fan is going to go out and buy the CDs! (Oh, look. I just made the exact same playlist in my iTunes. Now I have the Best of Radiohead too! :ohmy: )

Zootlesque said:
So Radiohead have no say in this?

:confused:

no need to be confused. salome and u2girl are loving the fact that radiohead are cashing in on the same thing that u2 have been ridiculed for, for a really long time on this message board.

there are differences, of course.

i don't really feel sorry for radiohead, of course. i mean, they're going to get money for this. it's just really... low-brow, i guess, on emi's part.

i'm surprised they didn't wait for christmas. that's one lesson they should have learnt by now... that all released must be done during the christmas rush.

If you substituted "Radiohead" for "U2" and put this thread in EYKIW, the reaction would be exactly the opposite.

Only difference is that this is EMI's release and not Radiohead's, whereas U2 are such cash whores at this point that I imagine we'll have 4 more "Best Ofs" by the end of the decade.

Zoomerang96 said:

no need to be confused. salome and u2girl are loving the fact that radiohead are cashing in on the same thing that u2 have been ridiculed for, for a really long time on this message board.

i don't really feel sorry for radiohead, of course. i mean, they're going to get money for this. it's just really... low-brow, i guess, on emi's part.

i'm surprised they didn't wait for christmas. that's one lesson they should have learnt by now... that all released must be done during the christmas rush.

Well I'm confused because... if Radiohead had no say in this, then what's the point in laughing and ridiculing them? :huh:

DaveC said:
If you substituted "Radiohead" for "U2" and put this thread in EYKIW, the reaction would be exactly the opposite.

Only difference is that this is EMI's release and not Radiohead's, whereas U2 are such cash whores at this point that I imagine we'll have 4 more "Best Ofs" by the end of the decade.

one way to find out for sure would have been to make an "announcement" on 1 april, and see what their reaction had been like.

judging by their excitement over clear channel taking over their touring operations, i'd imagine the happiness would spill over.

Zootlesque said:

Well I'm confused because... if Radiohead had no say in this, then what's the point in laughing and ridiculing them? :huh:

they're not really laughing at them... they're laughing at the radiohead fans they perceive to be as twats at this board and elsewhere.

that'd safely include me, and perhaps you as well.

perhaps i'm wrong.

elevated_u2_fan said:

I'm waiting for the Best Of the Best Ofs :up:

:lol:

The entire CD: The Sweetest Thing, Electrical Storm (in eight different mixes), The Hands that Built America, The Saints are Coming, Window in the Sky, and two new tracks.

And the thing is, it'd still sell millions and they could keep releasing two actual (half-assed) albums per decade.

Zoomerang96 said:

Exactly.

And people that are continuously blinded by their love for U2 and ardently support them in all they do, will not be able to notice that this is not really Radiohead's initiative but EMI's. The record company is simply trying to cash in on the upcoming tour.

Sure, the band will gain financially, but I'm sure if it was their call they would have waited until at least a year after In Rainbows was released before putting out a Best Of, while including songs from the most recent album.

Zoomerang96 said:

they're not really laughing at them... they're laughing at the radiohead fans they perceive to be as twats at this board and elsewhere.

that'd safely include me, and perhaps you as well.

perhaps i'm wrong.

:wink:

I understand what you're saying but it still doesn't make sense. Now if Radiohead willingly released a cash-grab hits cd, then I see why they would laugh at the fans in a "oh your beloved band is greedy for money too!" kinda way. But clearly this was not Radiohead's decision. Ok whatever. I'm not gonna buy it anyway like you guys said... we have every single song already. :huh: :wink:

zootlesque, i find trying to make sense of things usually doesn't work or count for much anyway.

that's why i almost always immediately resort to name-calling and profanity.

Back
Top Bottom