The Best Of Radiohead to be released on 2 June !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bad, very bad.
The tracklist doesn't have fluence (it has a bad fluence) and it looks like EMI did the same that Noel did with Oasis compilation: most of half of the disc is composed by songs of only one or two albums. Not gonna buy it... I already have the albums. Even for the casual listener is not worthy.

I'd still say it's worthy for the casual listeners. It still features most of Radiohead's more stunning tunes.

I wonder how such a tracklisting would sound to someone who buys the BestOf based on the fact they enjoy Radiohead'sonly major hit single, Creep. I'm sure it'd turn these folk into proper fans

indra said:
I don't really see a big problem here. It's a nice album for casual Radiohead fans or someone new to their music who just wants to hear some of their songs to see if they like them enough to buy more. I've never considered "Best of's" to be aimed at or important to serious fans of any band.

And yes, if there is a buck to be made, record companies will do it, whether the artist approves or not . :shrug:

Stop being logical.

intedomine said:
I'd still say it's worthy for the casual listeners. It still features most of Radiohead's more stunning tunes.

I wonder how such a tracklisting would sound to someone who buys the BestOf based on the fact they enjoy Radiohead'sonly major hit single, Creep. I'm sure it'd turn these folk into proper fans

Thanks intedomine - was just about to ask if this would be a good 'un for the reasonably uninitiated :reject: here's hoping i won't be disappointed
:up:

Purplereign said:

Thanks intedomine - was just about to ask if this would be a good 'un for the reasonably uninitiated :reject: here's hoping i won't be disappointed
:up:

You won't be disappointed by the songs at all. The only problem might be hearing these songs out of their original context.

Radiohead songs have a splendid amount of uniqueness about them. Very few Radiohead songs rehash previous musical ides, approaches and sounds.

To have Fake Plastic Trees, Paranoid Android, Pyramid Song, Idioteque and 2+2=5 all on the same disc might be pretty overwhelming for the casual listener, due to such a contrast in style.

It will be a cracking purchase though, it's got all the classics....

Comp really should be in chronological order...Radiohead's discography is far too schizophrenic to throw earlier stuff smack dab against their more eccentric outings.

Still, they could use a distiller. I'm of the opinion that Kid A was the only disc without at least three throwaway tracks. Hell, everything other than OKC was half :| for me. Don't get me wrong, one of the most innovative and interesting acts of the last twenty years, just not able to hit the mark as often as their nearly endless legion of dweebs will overlook. "Hunting Bears"?

Back
Top Bottom