The Best of Joy Divison (2 Discs Special) - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2008, 10:33 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by lazarus

I've said this before, but I can't imagine a world without New Order's music in it.

So I can't really be that upset about Curtis' untimely demise.
I love New Order too. So, I guess, something good came out of something bad. But Joy Division only released two albums. I wish they were around for a little while longer. I wonder what they would of come up with.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:34 PM   #17
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bono_212
Well LMP, that's pretty much what I posted in the first place...what's the point of all these best ofs for Joy Division when they only had two albums, but it all really comes down to money in the end so
True, but I must've skipped over your post. It was a cracking one though.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:36 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by lazarus

I've said this before, but I can't imagine a world without New Order's music in it.

So I can't really be that upset about Curtis' untimely demise.

The World just wouldn't be In Motion...

But it does raise the question as to whether New Order were in some respects a continuation of where Joy Division were headed.....their first album is still kinda dark.....
Old 04-27-2008, 10:41 PM   #19
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

i'd suggest to someone if they're trying to get into joy division, since they have such a relatively small discography, to have someone who's got everything to make them a one disc cd. see if they like what they hear. then if they do, buy heart and soul. that's really the definitive release of course, but this way you don't have to waste money buying anything else to make sure you're not just going to like a few songs.

and if you find you only like the hits...then you can go buy a cheaper compilation
Old 04-27-2008, 10:43 PM   #20
The Male

Local Time: 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes
i'd suggest to someone if they're trying to get into joy division, since they have such a relatively small discography, to have someone who's got everything to make them a one disc cd. see if they like what they hear. then if they do, buy heart and soul. that's really the definitive release of course, but this way you don't have to waste money buying anything else to make sure you're not just going to like a few songs.

and if you find you only like the hits...then you can go buy a cheaper compilation
Good call. I recommend the same to someone getting into Velvet Underground; pick out a CD's worth of songs and if you like them, get Peel Slowly And See. It saves money.

Now.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:50 PM   #21
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

True, but I must've skipped over your post. It was a cracking one though.
No I realize I edited it out. I was just saying that I wasn't going to say anything, but then you said pretty much what I was going to say, so I decided to say it after all... does that make any sense?
Old 04-27-2008, 11:59 PM   #22
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by bono_212

No I realize I edited it out. I was just saying that I wasn't going to say anything, but then you said pretty much what I was going to say, so I decided to say it after all... does that make any sense?
Yes...but it's pretty late over here.

Now.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:26 AM   #23
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon
Good call. I recommend the same to someone getting into Velvet Underground; pick out a CD's worth of songs and if you like them, get Peel Slowly And See. It saves money.
come to think of it, i need to steal peel slowly and see from someone
Old 04-28-2008, 09:04 AM   #24
Blue Meth Addict

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but.... you can get both albums and Substance or Still (I recommend Substance, which would essentially give you everything of theirs you'd want that wasn't on the albums) for just a few dollars more (at least in the US, I've seen them priced the same brand new as used CDs numerous times at numerous different stores) than buying this 2 disc "best of". That's 3 full cds of material, and the albums as their actually meant to be.

EDIT: Looking at the tracklist, this is hardly even a "2 disc" best of. The second disc is almost entirely made up of Peel Sessions tracks and an interview (to draw in the collectors). Why not just buy one of the old cheap 1 disc best of's if you're that lazy or non-committal to their catalog?

Tags
joy division