the best laptop $2700 can buy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
help me out.

im very close to being happy with buying a dell laptop.

i dont have all the info here, later on ill post it, and i want you to tell me if you think it would be good. i mean great. if im gonna buy a laptop i want it to be the best thing possible under $3000.

until i post that, do you have any suggestions for laptops?

i want a dvd drive 8x (which equals to 32xcd rom drive), i want a good sound card (do i even need to ask for that if it comes with a dvd drive?)
i want to be able to play movies, i want an internal modem, i want to play games i want piles of space for music AND i dont want it be slow after i download a bunch of material.

computer geeks, i summon you and your opinion.

oh and it obviously has to be a pentium 4.

i thought i was in lemonade stand! :mad: :mad::mad:

sorry about this, please move it there. thanks.

and sorry again.

:angry:

:sexywink:

Hey! I'm actually doing the exact same thing right now at the same price range. I'm debating between a Dell, the top of the line Sony Vaio, and the top of the line Mac Powerbook.

The Sony is great with the biggest screen out there on a laptop but its really made to support Sony products (ie camcorder, digital camera, etc) so it isn't very happy to use HP products, etc. It will though.

The Powerbook is an amazing computer but, as always, Apple comes out with a great new product and sink all of their money into advertising and then 6 months down the line its found to be a dissapointing product, overall. Only time will tell with this new one. I would be wary of buying it though.

So, it just depends what you want to use it for really. The Sony is great for multi-media, the Apple for multi-media, and the Dell is really a business based computer. Plus they offer corporate discounts.

kissings for both of you. thanks alot poplarry'sballs.

:sexywink:

u2savestheworld: the one im looking at, has good multimedia features. at least they say it does, and the features certainly suggest they arent lieing.

im interested in the sony kind now. im gonna go haev a look this afternoon.

thanks!

why a laptop? just curious...

i've never owned a laptop, although my husband has an imac he just got a couple months or so ago.

with your wants/needs, i'd say get at least a 40gb hard drive and at least 128mb of ram. if you like the performance of the comp you have now, you can always look at those specs. oh, and make sure you get a fairly fast processor.

for example, if you look here (since you said you wanted a dell), you can create your own to see about how much it'd cost you.

I have a confession.

When people talk about computer specs...it excites me. :silent:

___
:wave: I love a man with a nice computer!

khanada, thanks alot for taking the time to provide that link. its cool stuff.

i think im going to buy one in a couple of months. or less. prolly less. i should have enough then.
:|

Back
Top Bottom