The best drink you ever had

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DebbieSG

Refugee
here is a great GAME! when i was in ireland, i had many Guinesses, and a few American beers,
and even a mixed drink, when it seemed the few natives in the pubs were singing...

hey! what i want to know, is what is the best drink you ever had in a foreign land?? would you order a rum-and-coke, a vodka(tonic), a whiskey, (sour:censored:) or is there one you especially like?

Please enter your selection, and who served you that particular drink, if you are able!

This is GAME, a "roll-call" of favorite drinks, kind of, like Black Velvet or Long Island Ice Teas, etc. :censored:

edited for spelling errors;)

am i getting grey hairs?(Big B. says "do you mean Taboo?" -and i say "sure, we can use those diamonds for CD's, right?)
Peace, you people!

Last edited:
KhanadaRhodes said:
alcoholic? then i'd say coke with cherry brandy.

LOL! and would you choose the U2 bottle of CocaCola? diet? aspartame, the sweetener that causes cancer in women?with a lemon, maybe a sprite?

you haven't specified where you are served, as well!

U2 fans always know the good pubs!

which one, at least tell me that!

:shrug:

more specific, please...

Never been in a foreign land :( but when i went to mardi Gras/U2perbowl last year, we had these aMAZING drinks ....Next time any of you are in New Orleans you MUST try a Hurrican from Pat O'Briens. Cool place with a great drink.

one of these and even the highest of tolerances will be :drunk: off their :censored:

the only drinks I've ever had outside of the US were in Puerto Vallarta and I can't even remember where I had them much less who served them to me :drunk:

I remember lots of Corona beer and some very large, very potent mixed drinks served in carved out pineaples. :der:

I still say it's scotch and Pepsi for me. :drunk:

But the first time I tried vodka with Red Bull :der:, Smirnoff Ice and Bud Ice was at a pub in England. :up:

Im not a big mixed drink person, except a nice scoth and soda occasionally.......

When I have been abroad I mostly have just tried new beers, Carlsberg in France, Duvel In Belgium, some great German beers in Germany that I cannot remember the names of....
also had a beer in Amsterdam called Columbus, 9 percent alcohol! That one knocked me down.........:wink:

oops, forgot to mention I had a wicked shot of whiskey on new years eve in Paris at a Scottish bar, cost 6 euro! Very strong and very smooth........

never left these shores...so it's a toss up between
tequila sunrises served by the woman with the frangipani tatt,
the midori creations served by a friend

or
the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaater...kindly brought to me by hub at 3 am after consuming above mentioned delights.H2ohhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhh, one of life's little essentials.

On for a rave it seems.....I found the most exquisite etched glass water bottle and glass set the other day. The glass says "eau" and the bottle says "service de nuit". I love my old glassware, I'm "set" now...no more dry horrors in the wee hours.
YEP good clean water is my favourite.....served by say, um, Orlando Bloom in New Zealand, that would do me nicely.

I do not know where this thread is going, but I have to say drinking Peronis and shots of Limoncello in Siena Italy. I had no place to stay, passed out in the city square, and was eventually taken by some locals to a patch of grass outside a church to sleep.

It was quite a night.

KhanadaRhodes said:

ummm...wtf is your problem?

PMS!

:mad: once bitten, twice shy!

lots of great cock-tails i see here! some real MIXXING going on, huh? so i'm off to the pubb myself, the Starry, starry plough...yay!

:censored: may-bee i'll see some of you SPIRITS out there in Bezerkely, if i make it that farr...it's a bit haunted out in these East bay parts...:wink: see you around and..."we'll all get a SCOTCH in the mornin>>>

keep those ideas for drinks coming, gonna be a party, uh huh :)

(signature not found!:censored: )

Last edited:
The best was a huge margarita that I had at a restaurant in Florida...we are talking the glass was about 6" in diameter and just as deep served by a very beautiful Latin waiter. My friend and I didnt realize how tipsy they made us until we stood up to leave. We then went shopping and let me just say it was an adventure opening the bags to our purchases when we went back to the hotel.

My favorite drink though is probably just about any kind of martini. A standby is rum and coke.

Back
Top Bottom