The Bends vs. OK Computer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which is the greater album?

• The Bends

Votes: 25 40.3%
  • OK Computer

Votes: 37 59.7%

• Total voters
I like Arpeggi a bit more now on second listen. ;) I like the urgency of the beat and how his vocals build up during the first half of the song.

Zootlesque said:
Come to think of it, I don't see what's so special about Gagging Order either! It's nice but nothing extraordinary... Lift is better, much better!

It's the simplicity that kills me.

What other Radiohead song is so bare yet says so much in its relative silence?

That's when you know it's a great song.

Move along, there's nothing left to see
Just a body, nothing left to see

the delivery is what gets me every time.

LemonMacPhisto said:

It's the simplicity that kills me.

What other Radiohead song is so bare yet says so much in its relative silence?

That's when you know it's a great song.

Move along, there's nothing left to see
Just a body, nothing left to see

the delivery is what gets me every time.

such a sad song:sad:

poor hobo :sad:

Zootlesque said:
I like Arpeggi a bit more now on second listen. ;) I like the urgency of the beat and how his vocals build up during the first half of the song.

listen to this version...the album version should sound something like this, mixed with the live version

http://download.you send it com/08A8AB073E3A7D74

I prefer this one better, than the one the played live
:drool:

I love the outro and the way Thom sings

"I hit the bottom to escape"

:drool:

its fucking beautiful :drool: :drool:

Woah, I just looked up the lyrics to Lift on greenplastic and... I could've sworn Thom sings the last line as "I don't know squat". On there it says "so lighten up, squirt" WTF! :eeklaugh:

Btw, Videotape is gonna be the best song on LP7!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

I haven't heard any of the LP7 songs yet. I'm trying to hold out until RH actually releases the record, but they are not making it easy with the whole "Let's pretend we're U2 and take half a decade to get a record out" thing. :wink: It's gonna be 2008, right?

namkcuR said:
I haven't heard any of the LP7 songs yet. I'm trying to hold out until RH actually releases the record, but they are not making it easy with the whole "Let's pretend we're U2 and take half a decade to get a record out" thing. :wink: It's gonna be 2008, right?

yes I think 2008 is right...

namkcuR said:

U2 does it, but so do the Chili Peppers.

I don't see many people complaining about their album output.

1991: Blood Sugar Sex Magik
1995: One Hot Minute
1999: Californication
2002: By the Way
2006: Stadium Arcadium

Not exactly prolific. Is it because they play more festivals and do songs here and there?

/offtopic

I voted Ok Computer, only because it pushes boundaries a bit more and because it doesn't sound so empty as The Bends.
I only must say that, although Radiohead is one of my favourite bands, their albums are highly overrated, and these two are one of them.

I can easily claim "Zooropa" and Passengers as further and with a better final-result than "Ok Computer".

I was watching 10 vidoes of Radiohead this morning and i was so ,,,,i just re-discover them and they are genius. It is off the subject, but ...i dont have Bends, so i guess it will be ok komputer

Back
Top Bottom