The Bends appreciation thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rjhbonovox

Refugee
Been listening a lot lately and what a greaaaaaaaaat album! The first 7 tracks are superb.......

Whoops wrong forum!:wink:

Last edited:
great album, the one that got me into Radiohead.

"OK Computer" is still their best record though.

Ok Computer is way too depressing compared to the Bends. They achieved just the right balance of guitars and atmospherics on The Bends. I like Ok Computer but it's kinda wacked out. Of course I haven't even listened to Kid A or Amnesiac.

"i keep falling over i keep passing out when i see a face like you.
what am i coming to?
i'm gonna melt down"

black star
fake plastic trees
street spirit (fade out)

the bends :drool: is definitely one of my all-time favourites

cracked eggs, dead birds scream as they fight for life
I can feel death, can see it's beady eyes...

:ohmy: :sad:

A fantastic record by a one of my absolute favorite bands. However I do think OK Computer is their very best still.

Sure hope they're working on something new...

apparently they've been in the studio for 4 weeks already :hyper:

I appreciate it.

I admit that I pretty much like everything they've done after that album more than The Bends itself these days though. Once upon a time, it was my favorite. That time has passed.

typhoon said:
I wish,

I wish,

I wish that something would

HAPPEN

:up:

Such a great album. It's like a nostalgia trip back to the mid 90s! The High & Dry, Fake Plastic Trees and Just videos. This album as well as Blur, Oasis, Prodigy, Massive Attack... all take me back...

they don't get mentioned in the 'favorite Radiohead song threads" but there are two absolute gorgeous sleepers on this album.

Nice Dream and Bulletproof. Nice Dream is a song John Lennon would have been proud to write, and Bulletproof is perfectly moody and sort of shines at the chorus.

I love those two songs, among my top 10 Radiohead songs, Nice Dream is top 3.

It is magnificent. I used to think that OK Computer was an absolute mile better but not now. While OK Computer is their best album the bends ain't that far behind. Talking about OK Computer I absolutely love Let Down, what a great song, it reminds me of something else but don't know what, the bit in the middle where it stops and then slowly starts again....fuc#ing genius......

Its a great album, but I cant stand some of the guitar in there songs, I think it ruins some of the songs, that strong heavy guitar that they usually put in the bridges of some of the songs, I hate it. Thats why I like Radioheads newer albums much more, because they stopped using that annoying heavy guitar sound, that hurts my ears.

Back
Top Bottom