The Bends appreciation thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2DMfan said:
they don't get mentioned in the 'favorite Radiohead song threads" but there are two absolute gorgeous sleepers on this album.

Nice Dream and Bulletproof. Nice Dream is a song John Lennon would have been proud to write, and Bulletproof is perfectly moody and sort of shines at the chorus.

I love those two songs, among my top 10 Radiohead songs, Nice Dream is top 3.

So true. :up: Nice Dream is on some other dimension, man! I'm mainly just talking about the music and atmosphere. But the lyric "...the sea would electrocute us all" is just fucking amazing.

someone really ought to note there are more Radiohead threads than Killers and Keane threads combined...:eyebrow:

but heck. 'bulletproof' is a great song, and while it's not my favourite Radiohead album, it's still excellent.

excellent album.

Fake Plastic Trees might be the greatest song ever recorded.:ohmy:

Where do I get a copy of the Radiohead at Glastonbury 2003 that was on the BBC. Anyone have a link for torrent or something.

That's it! It's official! No longer is the following equation a postulate or theorem...it is now natural law:

RademR = GOD

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Oh, yeah...I love The Bends, too. If it were nearly any band other than Radiohead (for my money, the best band in the world since 1998), this would certainly be the best album in said band's catalogue...but it IS Radiohead, so there are even greater treasures out there, despite what common sense might tell you.

This album has meant a lot to me over the years, and while I don't listen to it very much anymore, it is an important part of not just who I was, but who I am. Some of the fondest memories of my life involve songs from this album (and, of course, a number of other Radiohead albums/songs). Beautiful songs on The Bends from start to finish--"Planet Telex" used to just whisk me away, "Black Star" still knocks me flat on my ass, and I'll never forget quoting "The Bends" on an AP examination for an essay about 1969 in America...and getting a perfect score! Ha ha ha!

Every song is pretty much amazing, though; "Fake Plastic Trees" is my second favorite song of all time, behind only "Bad" by U2 and just barely ahead of "Debra" by Beck. Great album. Great songs. Great times. JUST GREAT!!!

I have a problem with The Bends.

I love the album but when it's rated by critics as one of the top ten albums of all time it disturbs me.

It's just great music and nothing more. Fave tracks are Bones, Bends, Sulk and Fake PLastic Trees

I personally find Hail to the Thief and OK Computer to have something a lot more special to them.

The Bends, not a classic album, but a bloddy good one....

Back
Top Bottom