The Bee Gees

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheWho4Life

Rock n' Roll Doggie
WOW! Man, why didn't anyone tell me they weren't shite? I always thought they were just disco stuff ya know. But then I seen their bio on tv and oh god they can sing so great! So I asked for their greatest hits for xmas, and got it, and oh god its fantastic! All their pre-disco stuff is fantastic! Do any of you like them?? Their voices amaze me! Especially Robin's. OMG his voice is magnificent! I'm in love with that voice! AAHHH!!

Well, if you like them tell me yer fave song of them :D Mine is "I Started a Joke" it's so beautiful! just the way he sings is so lovely!

TheWho4Life said:
WOW! Man, why didn't anyone tell me they weren't shite? I always thought they were just disco stuff ya know. But then I seen their bio on tv and oh god they can sing so great! So I asked for their greatest hits for xmas, and got it, and oh god its fantastic! All their pre-disco stuff is fantastic! Do any of you like them?? Their voices amaze me! Especially Robin's. OMG his voice is magnificent! I'm in love with that voice! AAHHH!!

Well, if you like them tell me yer fave song of them :D Mine is "I Started a Joke" it's so beautiful! just the way he sings is so lovely!

Noel Gallagher is always raving about the Bee Gees' pre disco stuff...

Re: Re: The Bee Gees

U2One said:

Noel Gallagher is always raving about the Bee Gees' pre disco stuff...

Well not ALWAYS. But he has said a few good things now hasnt he hehe. He got me into them :D... actually it wasn't him lol.

The Bee Gees were, sadly, one of the most underrated groups around. Because of their prominence during the Disco era and the backlash that followed, it practically became a crime (and it certainly became uncool) for a person to admit that s/he liked the Bee Gees.

I think they were awesome.

My favorite is actually one of their disco-era songs... "How Deep Is Your Love." Reminds me of listening to their Greatest Hits album on my Fisher Price record player when I was six.

"This Is Where I Came In" is also very good.

Livi

OH! How Deep is Your Love is an awsome song :D
...is it still uncool to admit you like them? psh, I wouldnt care if it was, they're awsome :drool:

Re: Re: Re: The Bee Gees

TheWho4Life said:

Well not ALWAYS. But he has said a few good things now hasnt he hehe. He got me into them :D... actually it wasn't him lol.

yeah, you're right, not always. But I've heard him talk about them recently (I think when Don't Believe The Truth) was coming out. Something about getting Andy Bell to listen to the early Bee Gees stuff. Anyway, great sig. You going to any of the 2006 Oasis shows?

They wrote some great songs. I think Bono has been quoted as saying they have one of the greatest catalogs of music out there.

Like others have said they get a bad rap because of the disco thing. Prior to that though they were similiar to the Beatles.

I would say my favorite songs would be "New York Mining Disaster 1941", "I Started A Joke" and "Down The Road".

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Bee Gees

U2One said:

yeah, you're right, not always. But I've heard him talk about them recently (I think when Don't Believe The Truth) was coming out. Something about getting Andy Bell to listen to the early Bee Gees stuff. Anyway, great sig. You going to any of the 2006 Oasis shows?

I wish I were :( hopefully they'll put out a dvd so I act like I'm at a concert hehe. Are you going to any? or have you already??

Anyway, when I put in my cd I got, new york mining disaster 1941 came on and it reminded me so much of the beatles... I was like "OOOO OOO I LOVE THIS SONG!" and I hadnt even heard it but guh, they're so fricken beyond! Real mellow though.. I'm more of a rocker... that's why its so strange I like them! hehe!

TheWho4Life said:
...is it still uncool to admit you like them? psh, I wouldnt care if it was, they're awsome :drool:

Actually, I think it's come around again that you can admit you like the Bee Gees and not be crucified for it.

Shame that Maurice isn't around to see it.

Livi

Back
Top Bottom