The Beatles Thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This wall is across the street from where I work

johnlennonwallPB.jpg

Here's a rumor I just received (remember, it's just a rumor):

Beatles iPod ???

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/i-am-the...loaded-with-entire-beatles-catalog-277724.php

Hi there, Beatles haters. Please skip on down to the next post, and keep listening to that crappy music that will never measure up to the virtuosity and creativity of the musical entity that defined the 20th Century. Okay, now that they're gone, if you are wishful-thinking rumor hater, please leave too. Because this is what we have here—the next unlikely and reheated rumor in the saga of the Beatles and Apple: a Yellow Submarine-like iPod shipping soon with the entire Beatles catalog loaded on board.

This latest round of Beatles-on-iPod scuttlebutt comes from a music industry consultancy called Music Ally, which also somehow knows that this Yellow Submarine iPod will commemorate the date when all the Beatles tracks suddenly become available on iTunes. The prescient consultants add that all these Beatles songs will be exclusive to iTunes for a month before they're offered on any other music download services.

If that's the case, why would Apple offer an iPod with all the Beatles songs pre-loaded, probably at a deeply discounted price, rather than just selling a repainted collector's model and let the fans spend more money in the store? Just like they did with the U2 iPod, you get the fans to buy the special iPod and then let them buy the songs with a higher profit margin.

That said, we've been bamboozled by all these Beatles/Apple rumors so many times, we're not going to hold our breath waiting for this one. [Tech Digest, via CrunchGear]

ipod-yellowsub.jpg

I don't own the U2 one, nor would I go out and buy a new one to have the U2 one or the new one. But if I didn't own an iPod :hmm:

Lila64 said:

I don't own the U2 one, nor would I go out and buy a new one to have the U2 one or the new one. But if I didn't own an iPod :hmm:

Or if you're iPod is close to death like mine... :hmm:

If this actually comes out, with the remastered Beatles catalogue at about 300-350 for a 30 gig, there's no way I'm not buying this.

Sweet fancy Moses.

COBL_04 said:
They only made 206 songs

About 200 of them are essentials, and remastered???

Love made me go into Elaine-esque spasms because of the 5.1, imagine all of Sgt. Pepper or Revolver sounding like that.

Well, it's hard to imagine after your head's already exploded.

:combust:

COBL_04 said:
They only made 206 songs

No, you have to account for all the songs released on the Anthology series, the BBC set, and other assorted rarities.

The official amount of released Beatles songs is more in the range of what LMP stated. A quick search on Google shows one site listing 336, for example.

I'm STILL waiting for my original U2 iPod to die to justify buying a new one. (That's not really a complaint, by the way - i can't believe it's still going strong!)

I'd buy a Beatles iPod.

I will, if the effing price ever comes down.

Seriously - $90 on Amazon? I know there's a lot of cool stuff in it, but COME ON. :|

I cannot wait for the (eventual) remastered catalogue this Christmas.

I'll probably rush out to get Revolver, Sgt. Pepper, and Abbey Road fo' sho' unless there's a good deal on the complete discography.

Last edited:
Oh, good - there's a non-deluxe version! I've had the deluxe version on my Amazon wish list for a few months now, thinking that's the only one there was. Phew!

"Psst! Beatle! You shall have fun, eh?"

John: "No thanks. I'm rhythm guitar and mouth organ."

I've had that movie on VHS for years - at one point I think I could quote most of the movie.

Paul: "Please say no more."

Lady: "I can say no more."

phillyfan26 said:
I have 1 and I really don't like much of their early poppy stuff. That's not my musical taste. I have a feeling it's a piss-poor representation of the band.

1 is not a bad primer as long as you're willing to delve a little more before you make a decision about them.

The thing that astounds me about The Beatles is the transformation the underwent in just a decade. You can argue whether or not they were pioneers but you can't argue that they were able to remain successful while changing their sound ("reinventing themselves" to quote a certain famous lead singer) and experimenting with different genres of music. The fact that the same 4 gentlemen did Love Me Do and Follow The Sun and Michelle AND Elanore Rigby AND A Day in the Life AND Helter Skelter AND Come Together AND... you get the point.

Yeah, the probably lost some of their audience along the way but they probably always gained more than they lost.

Anyway, versatility... just my $.02

zuropa_fit said:
The thing that astounds me about The Beatles is the transformation the underwent in just a decade. You can argue whether or not they were pioneers but you can't argue that they were able to remain successful while changing their sound ("reinventing themselves" to quote a certain famous lead singer) and experimenting with different genres of music. The fact that the same 4 gentlemen did Love Me Do and Follow The Sun and Michelle AND Elanore Rigby AND A Day in the Life AND Helter Skelter AND Come Together AND... you get the point.

Yeah, the probably lost some of their audience along the way but they probably always gained more than they lost.

Anyway, versatility... just my $.02

:yes:. I fully agree with this. And personally, I both their early years and their later years. They made some fantastic songs in both eras, imho.

I've only heard a couple Beatles albums in full-Revolver and the White Album, but I certainly intend on tracking the other ones down over time. That iPod thing sounds rather interesting...

Angela

elevated_u2_fan said:
The part where George gets his sleeve ripped off by the killer hand-dryer always makes me laugh...

My personal favorite scene is the "John and George laugh in apprehension" which i think is the same scene.

"HO. Ho HO. Ho ho ho."

Also Paul was basically the reason that the beatles broke up. His complete jackass controlling personality pissed everyone off. He basically made George want to quit the band and actually gothrough with it for a short period of time. He tried to stifle John like hell, I mean look at Revolver. She said She said? Paul walked out. I'm Only Sleeping/Dr. Robert (btw Bono sucks at singing I am the walrus)/And your bird can sing were basically taken off the album by Paul as an attempt to sabotage John. Ok, Tomorrow Never Knows is pretty amazing and Paul did a bunch with sound effects for it, but seriously? Paul kicked John off American Revolver. Even RINGO was yelled at by Paul, i mean come on. When you yell at ringo you know you've sunken low. I simply cant comprehend yelling at ringo starr. Except to say that "Don't Pass Me By" is horrible.

Back
Top Bottom