The Beatles song request 'Rain'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lila64

Blue Crack Distributor
I own many Beatles CDs, but apparently don't have one with the song 'Rain'. Does anyone have this song that they could upload (ysi) or email? (madeleinesmom@yahoo.com).

I'd appreciate it!

2.gif

Indeed Typhoon.

The two Past Masters records are just as much a part of the complete Beatles catalog/collection as Revolver, Sgt Pepper, and the rest are. They are where Hey Jude, Paperback Writer, Day Tripper, We Can Work It Out, Lady Madonna, I Want To Hold Your Hand, She Loves You, From Me To You, I Feel Fine, the most well-known version of Revolution, etc etc are found. :drool:

Just think of it.....Hey Jude, Paperback Writer, Day Tripper, We Can Work It Out, Lady Madonna, Rain, I Want To Hold Your Hand, She Loves You, From Me To You, I Feel Fine, were all b-sides and that is a greatest hits package for most bands!

Past Masters vol. 2 is better than most Beatles albums. I think I'd only put The White Album and Revolver above it in terms of how many good songs they have.

Don't Let Me Down & The Ballad of John & Yoko are two of my fav John tracks, period. Plus you have Day Tripper and Rain, the latter of which contains some of Ringo's finest work.

We Can Work it Out is typical McCartney, but not as annoying as usual.

Revolution is the most ass-kicking song ever recorded. That guitar sound. That SOUND!

The Monty Python-esque antics of You Know My Name (Look Up the Number) never fail to make me laugh. Plus you get a sax solo from the not-long-for-this-world Brian Jones.

A must-have.

thanks for posting the song... I may have to look into getting yet another Beatles CD. Can never have too many!!! :yes:

namkcuR said:
Just think of it.....Hey Jude, Paperback Writer, Day Tripper, We Can Work It Out, Lady Madonna, Rain, I Want To Hold Your Hand, She Loves You, From Me To You, I Feel Fine, were all b-sides and that is a greatest hits package for most bands!

Well, most of the songs you mentioned were A-sides (at least in one part of the world). They just weren't released on their regular albums.

Past masters 1 and 2 are great.

I don't know how come they say there were 13 albums - Beatles, Beatles for sale, A hard day's night, with the Beatles, Rubber soul, Help, Sgt pepper, White album, Abbey road, Let it be. (Magical Mystery tour but that's the EP, and Yellow Submarine has very few new songs if you have all the albums) :confused:

I think she was referring to the "Here, There, and Everywhere" in your mini profile.

That Paul McCartney snoozer for the grannies on Revolver.

Popmartijn said:

Well, most of the songs you mentioned were A-sides (at least in one part of the world). They just weren't released on their regular albums.

Maybe in the American discograpy, but the British discography is the more accepted one, I think.

U2girl said:
Past masters 1 and 2 are great.

I don't know how come they say there were 13 albums - Beatles, Beatles for sale, A hard day's night, with the Beatles, Rubber soul, Help, Sgt pepper, White album, Abbey road, Let it be. (Magical Mystery tour but that's the EP, and Yellow Submarine has very few new songs if you have all the albums) :confused:

Please Please Me(1963)
With The Beatles(1963)
A Hard Day's Night(1964)
Beatles For Sale(1964)
Help(1965)
Rubber Soul(1965)
Revolver(1966)
Sgt Pepper's Lonley Heart's Club Band(1967)
Magical Mystery Tour(1967)
The Beatles(The White Album)(1968)
Abbey Road(1969)
Let It Be(1970)

Ahh right, forgot to count Revolver, and by "Beatles" I meant Please please me. (that still makes it 12 albums)

U2girl said:
Is that one of their songs in your location, U2Man? :up:

lazarus said:
I think she was referring to the "Here, There, and Everywhere" in your mini profile.

That Paul McCartney snoozer for the grannies on Revolver.

Ok, Ok, I get it. Of course. :banghead:

Yes, U2girl, indeed it's one of their songs in my location. :wink:

Lazarus, Here, There and Everywhere is NO snoozer :mad:

All of Revolver is great... esp. Tomorrow Never Knows, For No One, She Said She Said and I'm Only Sleeping. :drool:

Eleanor Rigby is probably one of the 3 or 4 greatest pop songs ever written.

And 'I'm Only Sleeping' has that Lennon 'thing' in it. Any Lennon fan knows what I'm talking about. He had the uncanny ability to convey innocence with his voice, and there are a good number of songs that he sang on, both with the Beatles and in his solo career, where I honestly feel like some kind of angel is singing the song. 'I'm Only Sleeping' is one of the best examples of that.

Eleanor Rigby is not just a pop song, it's a classical masterpiece in the world of music.

4 violins, 2 violas and 2 cellos.

namkcuR said:
Maybe in the American discograpy, but the British discography is the more accepted one, I think.
So we're clear, A-side/B-side refers to the sides of a single. The A-side is the one that's pimped out for radio play, the B-side is a supporting track that sweetens the deal for buyers.

So, yes, all of the songs you mentioned except "Rain" were A-sides in the UK ("We Can Work It Out"/"Day Tripper" was a "double A-side" because both songs were considered too good to be B-sides).
U2girl said:
The version of Magical Mystery Tour that's still in print is the expanded LP edition (the original EP ended at "I Am the Walrus"), so it's considered an LP.

Last edited:
namkcuR said:
And 'I'm Only Sleeping' has that Lennon 'thing' in it. Any Lennon fan knows what I'm talking about. He had the uncanny ability to convey innocence with his voice, and there are a good number of songs that he sang on, both with the Beatles and in his solo career, where I honestly feel like some kind of angel is singing the song. 'I'm Only Sleeping' is one of the best examples of that.

One of my top 5 Lennon songs. But what does it for me is the backwards guitar solo. I mean, can you imagine hearing that when the album came out and being like "What the fuck was THAT?"

Mindblowing, and a nice companion piece to I'm So Tired, another favorite of mine.

"Give you everything I've got for a little piece of mind..."

Back
Top Bottom