the Beatles or Led Zeppelin.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is very subjective

I see the Beatles as a pop band.. They are probably the most responsible for advancing what is called ?Rock? music.

My vote is for the Stones. They have remained largely ?intact? and viable for 4 decades. Their music is closer to the spirit of ?outside the mainstream? concept of rock.

Led Zep is a blues rock band. The Stones were heavily blues influenced early on, as were the Beatles to a lesser extent.

Salome,

Brian Wilson is a genius. He influenced the Beatles.

Living in southern California. I have seen the Beach Boys more than once without Brian.
It was very weak and uninspired.

I have seen Brian Wilson at the Roxy, a small club. Again, genius.

Good points deep

Brian Wilson :up:

Pet Sounds :up:

Beach Boys sans BW :down:

I agree Deep
the musical genius of Brain Wilson is on par with Beethoven, Mozart and the like

some (well, most really) of the Beach Boys albums after Pet Sounds are extremely underrated though (Brian's influence was still there)
albums such as Sunflower, Surf's Up and Holland still are great sounding albums with some amazing stuff on them

after watching 5 1/2 hours of anything I would probably think that Bert and Ernie are on the same level as Einstein

Salome said:
after watching 5 1/2 hours of anything I would probably think that Bert and Ernie are on the same level as Einstein

Beach Boys videos tend to do that to you.

I wouldn't know
I haven't even spend 5 1/2 minutes on watching Beach Boys videos

my concentration span has a 15 minutes max

Salome said:
my concentration span has a 15 minutes max

:up: understandable.

Methinks I've figured out your problem with Led Zeppelin. Long-winded is endearing sometimes. Brevity is for those with little to say.

Back
Top Bottom