The Beatles LOVE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
I know there was a thread for this a while ago, but it's not on any of the recent pages so I thought I might as well just start a new one.

Well, I'm listening to this now for the first time, and I'm utterly blown away. This might be one of the most mindbending and amazing musical experiences I've ever had. I'm only at Within You/Without You right now, but it's already been an insanely wild ride.

HOLY SHIT! The transition into Lucy in the Sky was amazing!

Haha. Sorry, that just hit me. But yeah, so far the highlights have been Get Back, I Am the Walrus, Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite (the second half of this track is THE coolest thing I've ever heard, with the orignal, Helter Skelter, and I Want You (She's So Heavy) all playing at once. Jesus christmas that was amazing!), Strawberry Fields Forever (I enjoyed even more than the original track...it was like an insane Willy Wonka boatride through the Beatles catalog at the end of this track), and of course the Earth-shatteringly cool Within You, Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows mash-up.

More impressions to come.

Octopus's Garden/Sun King was amazing as well. The Good Night strings in the beginning were gorgeous.

And I can't believe I heard Clapton's solo from While My Guitar Gently Weeps in the middle of a tricked out Lady Madonna. How fucking cool is that.

imagine how the remastering of the entire beatles catalogue will sound :drool:

:drool:

I can't wait until spring break so I can listen to this in surround sound. I'm slightly afraid my colon will explode from the awesomeness though. :combust:

I'm anxiously counting the days until I've saved enough to buy a real stereo system, so I can listen to things like this and hear what they're supposed to sound like.

:hyper:

I just purchased it yesterday. I hope Love II is in the plans. Love is thoughtful, respectful, and pretty much immaculate.

I loved the Hey Bulldog riff in Lady Madonna, it's the only reason I listen to anything off of Yellow Submarine anyways.

And of course the Taxman solo in Drive My Car.

But we need to have a droolfest over the 2 gems of this entire disc:

Within You, Without You / Tomorrow Never Knows
While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Those are the two everyone should remember from this disc amidst all of the awesomeness.

Those are two of my top 4 on the album indeed. Along with Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite and Strawberry Fields Forever.

I have a fucking Top 10:

1. Within You, Without You / Tomorrow Never Knows
2. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
3. Octopus's Garden / Sun King (transition)
4. Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
5. I Am the Walrus
6. Get Back
7. Strawberry Fields Forever
8. Because
9. Drive My Car / The Word / What You're Doing
10. Lady Madonna

The rest of the album is nothing short of brilliant, although my only gripe is the last few songs are rarely tampered with.

Even though they're amazing as is, it just seems out of place with the rest of the tweaked songs you know.

And Lancemc, I'm totally agreeing with the Wonka mindfuck of Strawberry Fields.

"AND IT'S CERTAINLY NOT SHOWING, ANY SIGNS THAT THEY ARE SLOWING....WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..."

As of this listen, here's a tentative top 10.

1. Within You, Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows
2. Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite
3. Strawberry Fields Forever
4. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
5. Octopus's Garden/Sun King
6. Get back
7. Here Comes the Sun/The Inner Light
8. Come Together/Dear Prudence/Cry Baby Cry
9. Something/Blue Jay Way
10. I Am The Walrus

Lancemc said:
Earth-shatteringly cool Within You, Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows mash-up.

Which you're pitted up against in the first round of the Desert Island game. :wink:

Damn you inmyplace. I wish I had gotten this album a week sooner so I could have used Strawberry Fields Forever or something. Though, had I had it in time I probably would have put Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows on there anyway. :lol:

Oh well. You're still going down. :wink:

The Willy Wonka Boat Ride song is most definitely Mr. Kite, not Strawberry Fields after re-listening carefully.

The entire album is majestic. I had a conversation about this with a guy in my class and we both agreed it is phenomenal.
I find myself listening to more of the Love tracks than the originals. I wonder if it's the shiny-new effect or it's just better.

My favorite is Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows. That's not surprising since TNK is one of my top five Beatles songs. Then Octopus's Garden and Mr. Kite. All brilliant. All the mashups are to die for.

And oh God, the strings in Eleanor Rigby!! I need to listen to that in some expensive headphones for sure. Maybe I'll sneak my iPod into the Apple store and use theirs. :love:

LemonMacPhisto said:
The Willy Wonka Boat Ride song is most definitely Mr. Kite, not Strawberry Fields after re-listening carefully.

Yeah. You're right. The circus rhythm throughout the first parts of the song and then the insane combination of Mr. Kite, I Want You and Helter Skelter during the last act really do bring it to a dizzying pace. I love it.

Back
Top Bottom