The Beastie Boy's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beaties Boys do you love them, Hate them or in between?

• Love them

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • Hate them

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • In the middle

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I have only really liked one song from them. Brass Monkey. I find them difficult to listen to.

What are your opinions on them.

Most over under rated hip hop influence around.

People dont give these enough credit.

Godfather of hip hop

Love 'em - particularly Ill Communication - Hello Nasty era.

They have some genius rhymes:

" I am the king of boggle, there's none higher, I got 11 points of the word quagmire" :cool:

They do take a bit of getting used to though - I can see how people find them difficult to get into.

I don't like every single thing they've ever done, but they're usually great. Fairly accessibible too.

Listen all ya'll it's sabotage
AHHHHHHHHH

:rockon:

They're OK. Irritating sometimes, cool other times. Sabotage is cool, and I like their production. :drool:

Love 'em.

Check out their new DVD, "Awesome! I F*ckin' Shot That!" from Madison Square Garden where they handed out 50 digital video cameras to audience members, who then shot the concert however they wanted. Aside from just being a really cool idea, and having some funny moments (like one guy wandering off to the mens room mid gig and filming himself taking a piss), it captures the energy of the gig incredibly well.

Independently you should really check out Mixmaster Mike's stuff.

Justin24 said:
Run DMC is the God Father of HipHop

Run DMC & the Beastie Boys are from the exact same time and place. In fact, you can trace the spark that ignited both of them pretty much down to one club that members of both were regulars at.

Back
Top Bottom