The Bastardization Of Blur

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cujo

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Levi's.

They're comfortable and commercially viable!

Blur. Indeed the Original.

Forever in Blue Jeans.

:up:

should i stay or should i go?

uh....i mean...

crazy beat, crazy beat

Yes it was somewhat disapointing to hear that new Blur song in the Levi's ad but no more so than the Modest Mouse song I heard recently in a car commercial targeting young mothers. WTF??!!

not cool.

still a great band though. :wink:

funny, if u2 were to do this id be extremely upset. maybe its because i hold them to far greater standards?

Calluna said:
Yes it was somewhat disapointing to hear that new Blur song in the Levi's ad but no more so than the Modest Mouse song I heard recently in a car commercial targeting young mothers. WTF??!!

I was surprised when I heard that Modest Mouse song in that car commercial:p Yea that was weird but I highly doubt MM is selling out. I doubt most people that have watch the commercial even know who did the song. So I'm not worrying.

Bottom line kiddies is that everyone sells out eventually. Look at Iggy Pop. "Lust for Life" is now the theme song for Carnival cruises. CARNIVAL CRUISES FOR FUCKS SAKE!

Anyway... blur still rocks.

LOL... I forgot about Song2... song jingles... or rock songs used in commercial jingles...

When I heard the Beatle's "Revolution" for like Time Life Books or the Who's "Baba O' Reiley" for that car, I definitely felt inspired with the urge to buy those products. However, when "Beautiful Day" came on the Olympics/ Coke commercial, I felt sad.

:(

Back
Top Bottom