The Bachelor - Season 12!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Won't last.

They may not even survive the engagement.

and yes Shayne is/ was faking it.

that is/was acting 101

she was just so glad to keep getting call backs (for a change)

and she even got the roll :up:

I'm torn about this one. I didn't want her to win just because of the fact that she's 22, bleached blonde and an actress. However, if that's what Matt likes, then i guess she is the right choice. I agree with the poster who said she was auditioning for a role. It's hard to know for sure, but everytime she talked, it sounded like she was giving a monologue. It was weird. I never saw any chemistry between him and Chelsea, so Shayne was the obvious choice. This was the the most predictable season ever. As for it lasting, i give it 3 months tops. Or i see a wedding, Matt gets his green card and they get divorced a year later. There is just no way that girl is ready for a real marriage.

before we completely leave this Bachelor

it seemed a bit strange to me that there really was nothing much about his background or accomplishments other that he is British?

before we have had a Prince, A Doctor and an Officer, an Heir or two, A multiple Business owner, an Actor, (well B-actor)

is not Mr Right supposed to be a "good provider"?

Ellen is talking about them on her show now and just showed a snippet about them being on her show tomorrow. They look cute together and claim to be completely in love. We'll see.

deep said:
before we completely leave this Bachelor

it seemed a bit strange to me that there really was nothing much about his background or accomplishments other that he is British?

before we have had a Prince, A Doctor and an Officer, an Heir or two, A multiple Business owner, an Actor, (well B-actor)

is not Mr Right supposed to be a "good provider"?

I thought he was an investment banker? Something to do with finance....

I completely forgot to tape the show on Monday so I missed the finale! After all that time and investment... :sad:
boo hoo. :wink:

Let us know about their appearance on Ellen! (What is up with that haircut? :no:

Yeah, I caught it - Ellen asked where they were going to live and he said he'd like to live in the U.S. and she said like to live in the U.K. so no, they haven't decided (which is strange, because I got the opposite impression on the show; he loves his London and she loves Hollywood)

Shayne did say they would have two kids and one would be born in each country. And they both agree their wedding wouldn't be televised so perhaps she's not the attention-craver we all thought she was :shrug:

I caught Ellen today. They looked so cute together all dressed in white. He looked rather dashing with his white shirt with the cuffs undone. She had on a very cute and stylish short white dress with a pretty belt and white shoes. They looked giggle and in love and it seemed genuine. I was a bit disappointed that the interview wasn't a bit longer, I wanted to hear more about how they spent the last couple months sneaking around keeping it a secret until the show ended. Hopefully there will be more to come from Matt & Shayne.

haha I just saw on "Extra" Shayne has posed for several Magazine covers in very scantily clad outfits...so much for not wanting the attention!

Former Bachelor Matt Grant and the recipient of his most important rose, actress Shayne Lamas, have broken off their engagement after publicly pretending that they were meant to be for two whole months, People reports.

"We tried hard to make it work but we realized that we were both heading in different directions," the duo said in a statement. "We truly care about each other and will remain close friends."

Just so long as they don't have to spend any time with each other, apparently.

The pair had been plagued by reports of trouble in paradise ever since Grant chose Lamas over Chelsea Wanstrath on The Bachelor's season-12 finale, but each continued to deny that the fact that they were no longer living together or that they were never seen in the same place meant that they weren't still planning to tie the knot.

"This stuff makes us stronger," Grant, 27, said last month.

No word yet on whether Lamas, 22, returned the 2.85-carat sparkler her British beau used to seal the deal in May.

Anyway, that makes 10 out of 11 Bachelors (not including the not-ready-for-a-relationship Brad Womack) who have opted out of the matches they made during their stints on the ABC series.

:shocked:

I believe the show pays for the ring anyway-there was one guy, I can't remember which one, who insisted on buying the ring himself and that's when it came out that the show buys it. A Tacori ring that size would be big bucks.

The engagement has ended, but former Bachelor fiancée Shayne Lamas says she has every intention of keeping the ring.

In the first interview since announcing her split from The Bachelor: London Calling’s Matt Grant, Lamas says she has prepared a permanent home for the 2.85-carat Tacori platinum-and-diamond eternity ring now that it’s off her finger.

“I have it and I am going to keep it forever for the rest of my life,” Lamas tells PEOPLE. “It’s safe and clean and in a glass box like a glass slipper.”

And according to Lamas, Grant has no problem with that arrangement. “Of course (he doesn’t),” she says. “He wants to come over and look at it.”

Fans of the ABC reality show watched Grant get down on bended knee and present the ring to Lamas with the winning rose in the final episode of The Bachelor.

But a month after the episode aired, the two were no longer living together. While dogged with persistent Internet reports of discord, Lamas insists the two never had to deal with infidelity.

“I did not cheat on Matt,” insists Lamas. “I would never, ever cheat on Matt. He was my fiancé.”

The break-up came on the heels of reports that Lamas was spotted partying in Vegas with a local businessman. But according to Lamas, the two had already split by then.

“I want to clear this up 100 percent. That [Vegas trip] had nothing to do with our break-up,” says Lamas. “I was in Vegas with friends. Matt and I had already broken up. So I was a single 22-year-old woman having fun.”

Upon her return from Vegas, Lamas says the couple announced their split to the public. Though they are no longer an item, Lamas insists she and Grant are still amicable and talk “daily.”

“If I find the man, I’ll do it,” says Lamas, who plans on being “single for a while,” but is not counting out marriage in the future. “But I’m going to give this the two-year test. And then marry him. I think I’ve learned that two months is a little too short.” –Bryan Alexander

I wonder if she keeps the brain cell they share in a glass box too :wink:

Despite his ex-fiancée’s claims, Bachelor Matt Grant is definitely not okay with Shayne Lamas keeping their engagement ring.

“It wasn’t a ‘gift’ so much,” the British-born financier tells PEOPLE. “It’s not a television or a handbag. It’s a symbol of marriage that didn’t happen.”

Lamas, 22, recently told PEOPLE she planned to keep the 2.85-carat Tacori platinum-and-diamond eternity ring “safe and clean and in a glass box — like a glass slipper.” She claimed Grant was fine with that, adding, “He wants to come over and look at it.”

But the star of The Bachelor: London Calling insists that conversation never took place.

“We never discussed this,” he says. “I never said it was cool to just keep it. If she said we spoke about it, she just made it up. Sometimes she thinks she can say anything and I’ll go along with it.”

Almost as soon as the final rose was presented, Grant and Lamas were dogged by rumors of romantic discord. They finally announced their split earlier this month.

Grant, 27, says he doesn’t want the ring back. But he does think Lamas — daughter of TV’s Lorenzo Lamas — should auction off the bauble for charity.

“Let’s have something good come out of this,” he explains. “Why hold onto it? What’s the point?”

Grant’s new proposal: Auction off the ring and have each donate their half of the proceeds to a favorite charity. (Grant’s pet cause is the abolition of puppy mills).

Grant says that the show’s sponsors paid for the engagement ring, which he valued at $65,000. So it’s not his money at stake.

“But at the end of the day, it was mine to give to her,” he argues. “And thus I’m like, ‘C’mon!’ I’m sure Shayne will agree it’s best going to charity.”

Back
Top Bottom