The Bachelor - Rome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll probably get suckered into it again, it's like a train wreck :wink: As long as it's not opposite anything good

He's not even good looking in my eyes, I wonder if he's a creep :D

Why do you women want to watch this show? The women that appear on this show are an embarassment to your entire gender. They are the most desperate, pathetic women imaginable. They are the kind of women who are incapable of having any kind of identity that doesn't revolve around who their man is. And every time, they're gunning for men that look like Greek Gods, have pockets lined with hundred dollar bills, and in general would never in a million years NEED a reality television show to get a date. So what you have is a formula that calls for mixing a good-looking rich man with an ego that won't fit through the door with a herd of desperate, needy, pathetic women who probably don't have the spine to hold their own next to a man with an ego that huge.

The whole thing is absurd. I can't believe some of you women want to subject yourselves to this. You're not pathetic like the women on the show, so why in any way associate yourselves with them when they are clearly a disgrace to your gender? Do you really take pride in your gender when you see a pathetic broken woman in the back of a limo crying her eyes out with her 'oh my god my life is over he was my soulmate even though I only knew him for a day oh my god I can't go on oh my god why me waaaaaaaa' monologue? It should make you feel sad as a woman.

I would hope that the majority of women hold themselves in higher regard than these 'contestants' do, because there is no reason for any woman to have such low self-esteem that she actually believes she's nothing in this world without a man. And that's exactly what these 'contestants' believe. There's no doubt in my mind.

I agree with everything you said, and I am certainly not that kind of woman. I would never go on that show even if they considered me hot enough to do so, which I'm quite sure they most likely wouldn't. I am embarrassed that some of those women behave the way they do over a man-any man.

But it's just mindless entertainment for me- I can watch things that aren't in line with my moral beliefs, my beliefs as a woman, my political beliefs, etc. and it doesn't mean I endorse them, or even like them. It's like being a Red Sox fan but watching the Yankees in the playoffs because I like baseball, or just because I am hoping the Yankees will lose. Something like that.

Plenty of men certainly watch athletes who I would consider a disgrace to their gender, or watch TV shows with actors/characters who are. Or go to movies with actors/characters who are :shrug: or watch reality shows with real men who are.

Not all of the women on that show have low self-esteem, and I think many of them are just doing it as a lark. I just can't take it all that seriously. When I watch it it's almost like watching a soap opera.

radaronline.com

In promoting its new season of The Bachelor, ABC has been seemingly forthcoming about the background of its star, titular single guy and "Italian prince" Lorenzo Borghese. Stories about the show, which premiers tonight, have noted that Borghese actually grew up in Connecticut, and barely speaks enough Italian to order dinner at Olive Garden. Not exactly what those 25 would-be Cinderallas signed up for.

But Borghese's life story is even less fair tale-worthy than anyone has let on thus far. A member of the Borghese clan tells Radar he doesn't know of Lorenzo, who calls Rome his "second home," ever having made a pilgrimage to the Eternal City before signing on for The Bachelor. As for that charmingly self-deprecating revelation about speaking only "menu Italian," it seems producers had been hoping for a bit more authenticity: they enrolled Borghese in an intensive Berlitz Italian language course before filming began, according to the source—who adds that the family is deeply embarrassed by Lorenzo's participation in the show. (A spokesman for ABC denies knowledge of the course.)

Then there's the question of where the 34-year-old Borghese is really from. Though ABC's website claims he was born in Milan and raised in Connecticut, his parents, Princess Amanda Borghese and Prince Francesco Borghese, have lived in the tony New Jersey suburb of Short Hills since 1979, and his permanent addresses from before 2001 all list him as a resident of the Garden State. You can take the Prince out of Jersey, but you can't take the Jersey out of the prince.

The title, at least, is legit—though it doesn't translate into a castle and throne (Throw a cannolli in the Piazza San Marco and you'll hit someone with a "royal" bloodline.) Although titles haven't even been recognized in Italy since 1947, Lorenzo is certainly milking his for all it's worth. When he decided to get into the family business of cosmetics, it was with a line of doggie grooming products, including the Stinky-B-Gone odor fighting kit, the Pumpkin Patch spritz, and the After Bath Pet Robe. Its name: Royal Treatment Pet Care.

Last edited:
namkcuR said:
Why do you women want to watch this show? The women that appear on this show are an embarassment to your entire gender. They are the most desperate, pathetic women imaginable. They are the kind of women who are incapable of having any kind of identity that doesn't revolve around who their man is. And every time, they're gunning for men that look like Greek Gods, have pockets lined with hundred dollar bills, and in general would never in a million years NEED a reality television show to get a date. So what you have is a formula that calls for mixing a good-looking rich man with an ego that won't fit through the door with a herd of desperate, needy, pathetic women who probably don't have the spine to hold their own next to a man with an ego that huge.

And that is what makes for great television! I love mindless entertainment :happy:

He's so very dull, I couldn't sit through the whole thing. It was painful. And he is not good looking, so that part of the formula is definitely out. He belongs with the one who has never made a bed..

And I don't know what kind of royalty has to sell bath and body stuff on the Home Shopping Network

There's only ONE real prince from NJ :wink:

Lorenzo - I do like his name though :wink: Seems really down to earth for a prince. What exactly is he a prince of - their estate in Rome? Will he ever be King of whatever he's the prince of?

He seems nice enough, but very metro. The bath & body line on HSN had to be reason #1 for him to do this show.

Prince of NJ :hmm: :wink:

I caught about 10 minutes of the show last night and that was more than enough for me.

It does seem to be made up of every casting reject of everyone elses reality show.

The guy has no appeal and a lot of the women....:ohmy:

tiny dancer said:
Most of those girls were real airheads. The one that really got me ,was the one who kept calling him baby, and he gave her a rose. :yuck:

I must've just missed her getting a rose! Had to go to bed early last night-early day today. She was really getting on my nerves to with calling him baby and that tacky butt dance
sista.gif

I think this show would be better if the women competing for Lorenzo were closer to his age, but we have this attitude that a woman over 25 is completely washed up. The only bachelorette I liked was the Italian, Agnese. She was a woman; the rest are little girls.

And must the bachelorettes on this show have such irritating voice? What's up with the nasal tones and breathy baby-voices?

But I'm glad the Lisa got kicked off. I'm not too crazy about Sadie and Jen, but at least they didn't bring out a wedding dress on the home town date.

And did anyone laugh when Lorenzo "cried" at the end? He looks like Feivel from "An American Tail", but he also seems fun and kind of snarky. I like him.

I was so very happy that Lisa did not get a rose, and did you see the look on her face, when she didn't. She was so sure that she was going to get picked. Doozer like you I hope he picks the virgin. She seems the most real. Next week's show should be very interesting with all the girls together. and it showed that lisa was going to be on, and why the other girls hated her.

Our ABC affiliate in Milwaukee is not going to show this until after the Packer game. So it probably won't be shown until after midnight. I'm debating whether I should tape it. And why do I care about the outcome?

Can't make up my mind which one of the 2 I like the least.

Whichever it is,
I hope she gets this bland, vanilla, milk-toast, yawn ....

I think I prefer Jen...

All of Lorenzo's body language in this last episode suggests he prefers Sadie but perhaps they're deliberately trying to mislead us, who knows.

Spoiler alert!!!!!!!!!

He picked Jen. :( I was all for Sadie. Oh well. Oh my, they showed the next bachelor :drool:

I've only seen the last few episodes, but I was rooting for Sadie. Jen's voice is annoying and she seems really boring, too much like Lorenzo. When he started crying in front of Sadie I was like "it's not too late....change your mind!!!!"

I could never be on a show like that 'cus I'd probably say "Look, if this is a hard decision for you, then please don't pick me because I want you to KNOW it's me."

I'm glad he didn't actually propose.

Back
Top Bottom