The Bachelor New Season! - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2007, 05:10 PM   #76
Refugee

Local Time: 10:43 PM
It was brought up last night about all the rumors, including the one about him having a kid. Brad said that they were all false. He said he has not so much as even had a cup of coffee with another woman since the show. Yeah, right.

I would tend to believe Brad about the kid part though, because if he denied having a child on national television, that would make him an even bigger ass than he already is.

Old 11-21-2007, 06:35 PM   #77
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:43 AM
This is a quote from the Bachelor message board that Sicy refers to in a previous post....I looked through some of the threads there...and read this post....

"I believe ABC has a "must propose" rule: the bachelor must propose marriage to the final rose recipient or never see her again. ABC was trying to stop the "let's just keep dating" that was happening at the final rose ceremonies. I read once that Byron (season 6) was the first bachelor required to propose or stop seeing Mary.

I think Brad was not comfortable proposing marriage to DeAnna. I think Brad was squirming tonight, because ABC does not want its rule divulged. "

If this is true....ABC has some apologizing to those 2 poor girls....and some explaining to do to all the viewers of this show....it makes a little sense about his failure to want to just date one of them.....who knows?

Old 11-21-2007, 07:14 PM   #78
Refugee

You know, i have often thought about this when i've watched the aftershows before. Alot of times it seems like there is no real explanation made and the bachelor or bachelorette usually ends up taking all the heat. I know that the contract with ABC is pretty scary and i'm sure they mean business. So something like this would not surprise me.

But still, i'm not sure if i believe it. I think ABC knows that the audience wants them to pick somebody, regardless of whether they stay together or not. That's the whole point of watching the show, so we can speculate on who he's gonna pick. If he picks nobody, there's outrage and it feels like a complete waste of time for watching. Nobody's really expecting them to stay together anyway. They just wanna see the dude PICK SOMEBODY!!!! In the end, it is a competition and we want to see who wins!
Old 11-22-2007, 06:17 AM   #79
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 09:43 PM
That guy Brad is an ass, deal or no deal with ABC. He's got issues and I believe he admitted this at the end of the show. I wonder if ABC provides counseling to these poor show contestants or to the Batchelor? Hmmmm....
Old 11-24-2007, 02:29 AM   #80
Blue Crack Addict

oh well
Old 11-24-2007, 04:48 AM   #81
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Who the hell is that?
Old 11-24-2007, 10:34 AM   #82
Blue Crack Overdose

That isn't that girl Jennie is it?
Old 11-24-2007, 12:34 PM   #83
Refugee

That's Mary! Apparently she was arrested for hitting Byron in the mouth! Alcohol was a factor.

How sad. These two seemed so normal.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:28 PM   #84
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
Who the hell is that?
I thought she looked a wee bit like you.

In a good way.
now , please hit me in the mouth
Old 11-25-2007, 11:08 AM   #85
Blue Crack Addict

Old 11-25-2007, 08:33 PM   #86
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Um yeah no.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:47 PM   #87
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:43 AM
Ellen DeGeneres apologized in person to Brad Womack on her talk show Friday for calling him a jerk, then got his side of the story – that he didn't take the easy way out by not picking a partner on The Bachelor, and that he regrets only one thing he said to finalist DeAnna Pappas.

DeGeneres asked him about one moment from the show in particular – when he told Pappas that the finale would be "a good day" for her.

"I definitely regret that," Womack, 35, replied. "I don't know if I got caught up in the moment. I don't know if I was trying to comfort her. I bear the full brunt of responsibility for saying that. I do. She deserves someone to be straightforward and honest, which I thought I was. That's one very, very bad decision of mine that I made."

But Womack attempted to set the record straight on another point: He said he never asked that Pappas's father be flown out to the set, which had also gotten her hopes up for a marriage proposal.

"What I did say is a proposal was such a big deal to me that a phone call was not sufficient, if and when that proposal would happen," he said. "When it got to that day, I was informed that Deanna's father was flown out. I never one time asked for Deanna's father to be flown out. Never one single time."

Womack also said he's been shocked by the backlash against him, and feels like he's going through a breakup himself.

"I did not take the easy way out," he said. "In fact, I took the tough way out in order to show these women respect, in my opinion. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong."

DeGeneres, who had apologized to Womack on the air Thursday, did so again Friday. "I really appreciate you coming here," she said. "I'm so sorry that I judged you because I didn't know the full story."
Old 12-01-2007, 12:28 PM   #88
Blue Crack Addict

I actually saw that while I was channel surfing. He still seems like a jerk and Ellen was trying to get him to fess up but he is still sticking to his story.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:41 PM   #89
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Yeah.. blah blah blah.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:07 PM   #90
Blue Crack Overdose

Why in hell does he have to make his way around the talk show circuit anyway? Bank every last dime he can on it? There's no saving his reputation. People think he is a jerk and he IS a jerk. That's not gonna change no matter what he says or to whom he says it. In my opinion it's old news. What's done is done. Let him suffer and feel bad like the women he spurned. I hope the show also loses viewers, I don't have any interest in watching any more, it's a joke.