The Bachelor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I must confess ... I love this show!

We always dish about the show at work.

I am going to have to tape the first show tonight because i have plans.

My co-workers wanted me to apply to the show ...

:heart: Bob :heart:

The girl from Wisconsin didn't make the cut. It doesn't surprise me though ... a local tv station was interviewing her and she had the personality of a doorknob.

It looks like it's going to be a particularly catty and engrossing series this time. :up:

And those WOMEN!!! :ohmy: They are GORGEOUS! Especially that black one in the black sparkly dress....she is unbelievable. It annoyed me when the producers were listing "looks good in a hot tub" as a priority...that really bugs me. It's to be expected of course.

Anyway, I found it highly entertaining. :D

Funny that they picked Bob to go on the Bachelorette when he was overweight-double standard perhaps? Ah well, so it goes :shrug:

I hope he didn't "reject" that woman who said she was a virgin just because of that. I thought she was gorgeous and very sweet.

I also hope Bob turns out to be truly a nice guy. The other bachelors have been jerks :|

The only one I couldn't stand so far :D was that Kelly Jo

Honestly ... I don't think Bob rejected the virgin because she was saving herself. When she was talking with him about it, i got the sense that he respected her decision.

I did not think Andrew Firestone was a jerk. The other guys were icky (Alex was hot but smarmy and I didn't find Aaron a catch).

It's going to be an interesting season.

Andrew was just a bit too conceited for my taste, but that's all it is, my taste :)

I just felt badly when that girl, I can't remember her name, said that she thought he might have rejected her for that reason, but like she said her life will go on. She had a great attitude about it, unlike that girl who was bawling. You definitely shouldn't go on that show if you're insecure.

It does play up the "cattiness" aspect, and that's sad, but it is made for TV!

little ms virgin was not my cup of tea. when she said she wanted to be a servent to her husband i wanted to toss a pillow at my television. :tsk: i think she is too innocent for his taste and is too much of a 1950s television wife wanna be.

i really wanted him to pick Shay the firefighter. she looks like a great catch. tomboy and yet a classy women. can't get better than that. anyhow all of his picks are beautiful and all look good in a hot tub :angry:. my friends and i were talking this morning and hope that ABC decides to have an "average" looking bachlorette. :grumpy:

I missed the part where she said she wanted to be a servant :down:

It was pathetic the way they fawned all over him, and it does make it look like they can't live w/ out a man :rolleyes:

I thought Shay was gorgeous, and the fact that she was a firefighter was just great. I wonder why he didn't pick her

So what do you all think of the drama with Antoinette going to the hospital and Meredith getting the call about her Grandma right before her date?

I really like Kelly Jo, although his 'sharing' comment made me think she probably won't make it to the end.

:down: Lee-Ann :down:

:down: LeeAnn :down: indeed-ugh..

And Bob was actually in a band, I can't remember the name of it. That karaoke part was lame. I like Meredith. It was just so odd the way her mother talked to her on the phone about her Nana's death like it was nothing. I can't imagine going out on a TV show date, or any date, after getting that news.

I think Bob will get a clue about that LeeAnn, eventually. She's just like that Kirsten from the last one...

Last edited:
I wonder if that phone call to Meredith was a set-up. As in, I'm sure her mom did not have the number for the house and would have had to go through the producers to be able to contact her. I wonder if they didn't put the call through til right before she left on the date for perfectly placed drama. I wonder how long it was that the grandma died before her mom was able to call her about this...

They most likely have a contract where, at a minimum, she forfeits any prizes. Probably a much bigger penalty given the money ABC invests in this show.

Ok so we are down to the final 2 - votes for who will be chosen?

I still really like Kelly Jo, but I get the feeling that Estella will get picked. I think Kelly Jo is a bit young for Bob (in his mind), and they may be too similar personality-wise. Plus, I read something that makes me think it's Estella.

What do you think? (Iris can't vote :tongue: )

Wow, there must not be many people on the board that watched this round of the Bachelor....:tsk:

Poor Kelly Jo, I think she may have the personality to get picked to be the next bachelorette :hmm:

Estella still bugs me, but I've read that they already broke up? :shrug:

And has anyone heard Bob's new song? Reallllllllly cheesy :rolleyes:

i only saw the last 2 episodes but i didnt like kelly jo at all

she didnt really seem too sincere about really liking the guy and was too confident that she was going to win

Back
Top Bottom