The Avalanches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
I was very stoked to buy their album when I read the pitchfork review. they have over 900 samles on the album. Sounds astounding. Just the thing I've been looking for

however, I listened to a couple songs and while they have a lot of charm it's almost a bit too disco-y for me, I'm sure I could take an whole album of that seriously.

is it all like that?

i.e.
Radio
A different feeling

the only thing I know from them is their remix of the Manics' So Why So Sad, which is miles better than the original (although that's not too difficult)

just mentioning, can't help you, I'm afraid.

Did they do "Frontier Psychiatry"? If so, that's the only song I've heard by them.

(also another nonhelpful post) :D

they did do that song!

a very funny song, no doubt!

he's criminally insane sane sane sane sane

Yeah most of that stuff is sort of like that.

If you're a sample junkie, look into Amon Tobin... and look up reviews of his stuff (as well as his alter ego Cujo) on pitchfork, you will probably be surprised by their positivity.

I have that album, it's pretty good. Took me a while to get used to the whole album since most all the songs just merge together and it's like listening to one really long song.

If you've never seen the video for 'Frontier Psychiatrist', go out of your way to see it. It's even funnier than the song itself. :up:

I also downloaded a remix Avalanches did of Badly Drawn Boys' song 'The Shining'. It's a great remix.

Back
Top Bottom