The Aussie Chat Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the tourist

Blue Crack Addict
Hey Axver, Ian, Vazza, Jen, Ali, Pfan, NSW, etc. If you find this, I made this for us because I woke up to a very, very sad interference and I needed to know there's somewhere we can post. So here it is. I hope you all find it soon because I haven't had as much fun on interference in my 4.5 years of membership as I have in the past 4 days.

:yawn: Chatting in OOC? Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of these threads? :tsk: Oh, well. Best to avoid the tasers and cattle prods if you can.

I went back to the old Aussie thread but this works. I am just sad to end our roving hijacking party - coming up new homes was fun!

But I'm glad I still have posting privleges.

Sicy said:

Hey LemonMelon how about just skipping over a thread if you dont like it? Thanks.

This is what the forum has come to in the past 9 hours? If people make threads about Adam looking like somebody else and I can't a backhanded comment about how ridiculous it is, what's the point of reading it in the first place? :sigh:

Guess what I'm really fed up with all of you right now and I'm about to hand out suspensions. There's a lot of you that have become far too 'comfortable' here and think this forum is your playground and I've had enough. There are appropriate places for your fun and games. Your reply to that guy's thread was rude and there was no need for it.

Sicy said:
Guess what I'm really fed up with all of you right now and I'm about to hand out suspensions. There's a lot of you that have become far too 'comfortable' here and think this forum is your playground and I've had enough. There are appropriate places for your fun and games. Your reply to that guy's thread was rude and there was no need for it.

Yes, I could see how my comment was rude, but certainly no more rude than "not all thoughts should be threads" or "jeez, get a life", though I probably wouldn't have gotten a warning for that...many others haven't. :slant: And you really have no reason to get so upset over the recent "setlist party" either. The people responsible did their best to mend things on their own. It was executed well, and the majority took it for what it was; a joke. It was even posted in the right section and everything. :wink:

LemonMelon said:
And you really have no reason to get so upset over the recent "setlist party" either. The people responsible did their best to mend things on their own. It was executed well, and the majority took it for what it was; a joke. It was even posted in the right section and everything. :wink:

Oh really you think I have 'no reason' to be upset? :lol:

The people responsible planned and plotted this by bumping up years old threads and 'chatting' in them, in the WRONG forums and then caused upset and chaos with their little 'joke' which I had to clean up when I woke up this morning. Do you know what all that is called? TROLLING.

Trolling: Intentionally disrupting a forum by posting obviously inaccurate or inflammatory information and/or hoping to get a rise out of people.

Trolling is against the rules and a bannable offence. So dont tell me what I have a reason or not to be upset over.

Sicy said:

caused upset and chaos

When was this? :ohmy: I saw a few people who got bent out of shape, but most were fine with it. :shrug:

If you do choose to dole out punishments over this, do me a favor and please keep in mind the context; this was a joke that most people very much enjoyed. You wouldn't be half as upset right now if you had caught it back at the start, before the loud minority started crying over it, so I'm just trying to give you the whole picture. :reject:

Re: Re: The Aussie Chat Superthread

Sicy said:

What a coincidence, so did I.

Funny that our reasoning is completely opposite. We didn't realize we were going to create a "ruckus." We didn't realize people were going to think it was "mean-spirited." We thought, "Oh! This will be fun! People will enjoy this!" We thought people on interference had a sense of humour--MOST did, some didn't. Some people are making a huge scene in the "Lindsay Lohan recreates Marilyn Monroe Nudity" thread. They're causing a "ruckus" and being "mean-spirited." Is that okay?

If someone is breaking the rules use the report post feature. For the billionth time, I cant be everywhere all the time.

And I dont see a ruckus or 3 spin off threads, or an angry thread about the behaviour in Lindsay's thread, etc. like I witnessed this morning. I love how whenever someone gets in trouble they immediately say 'well what about him or her or what about that thread or this thread'. There really is no excuse for what you guys did and I'm not going to sit here and argue about it all day. It's over and done, and I am just saying that if it happens again the parties involved will be put on suspension for trolling.

So please, continue chatting.. I have no problems whatsoever with chatting and fun and games in the appropriate places of the forum.

Wow, it took me forever to find this. There weren't even any This Is A Joke Breadcrumbs to follow. Then again, i was looking for the Easter Island discussion thread

Somethin's goin' down in the Lindsay thread? :drool: Fight fight fight!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom