The Aussie Chat Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
unico said:
Varitek - did you save me a pierogie?

Yup it is sitting outside my window to keep it frozen. Let me know when you're in the area, if you make it before spring it might still be good, if a little frosted over.

the tourist said:

Most likely. I rarely used the internet those days. 5 days a week working, 2 band practices a week, 1 show a week, 2 date nights a week, and then hanging out with other friends.

OK, that's just too hectic.

I look forward to being busier than I am now, but I always value a good amount of quiet time just to myself. I'm not one of these people who relishes having shitloads of demands on their time, like it seems Maj. Panic here does. We should get him over to these threads, even if he'll only have time to make about 3 posts on them in a week.

unico said:
I've learned something about beverages for studying... Magic Hat 9 > Green Tea

:lmao: I fuckin love Magic Hat #9. Truly one of the finest beers America has to offer, and that is in all seriousness Aussies, I am a beer snob.

Varitek said:

Yup it is sitting outside my window to keep it frozen.

This just boggled my mind until I remembered that in some parts of the world, it does in fact get down below freezing. Damn you, Queensland, for fucking up my perceptions.

In 2006, the coldest daily maximum temperature for the entire year in Brisbane was 20C. I shit you not.

Varitek said:

Yup it is sitting outside my window to keep it frozen. Let me know when you're in the area, if you make it before spring it might still be good, if a little frosted over.

oh nice! i don't mind frost. it's a pierogie! i'd eat it if it was topped with frog legs.

the tourist said:
Anyway, I'm off back to work. See ya in a couple hours when I go on lunch!

When you get back, I expect you to make it to 5,500.

:wave:

Varitek said:
Quiz time while I install audacity, no google:

which 2 u2 songs contain the word "tart" in their lyrics?

(where's jen?)

Uhh.

Um.

UTEOTW.

HMTMKMKM, maybe?

coolian2 said:
Anyway, i'm going to grab lunch and watch some TV

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Television will rot your mind. Stay here and we can corrode it.

Varitek said:
both correct.

which 2 u2 songs contain the word "opera" in their lyrics?

SYCMIOYO, duh.

Ultra Violet, ugh.

Both dodgy, terrible songs.

45ed so if unico beats me it doesn't count!

Axver said:

SYCMIOYO, duh.

Ultra Violet, ugh.

Both dodgy, terrible songs.

45ed so if unico beats me it doesn't count!

Yeah your favorite songs.. Bono should write more songs with "opera" in them.

I can't think of any other semi-obscure words that appear in a handful of u2 songs to test you on...

ok i am having a bit of trouble getting used to the audacity controls as i haven't used it in ages. but it can definitely be done.

I'll be in and out tonight. Lots of shit to do before I go away for three days on Wednesday.

Varitek said:

Yeah your favorite songs.. Bono should write more songs with "opera" in them.

I can't think of any other semi-obscure words that appear in a handful of u2 songs to test you on...

:lol:

I didn't actually hate SYCMIOYO to begin with. But it very quickly plummeted in my opinion and is now probably in my ten least favourite U2 songs. A similar thing happened with a lot of HTDAAB, really ...

At least the album SYCMIOYO isn't as shitty as that alternate version from Unreleased & Rare.

phillyfan26 said:
I'll be in and out tonight. Lots of shit to do before I go away for three days on Wednesday.

Going anywhere exciting like Ouagadougou or Pitcairn Island or Tirstan da Cunha?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom