The Aussie Chat Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK we are 11 away I will stick it out for the 5 minutes required for us to push into Djibouti.

and yeah getting 45d does not help.

Varitek said:

:shocked:

EITS for 14.50 is a great price for me given that I'll have to shell out another 10 bucks in transport, thanks Philly for sucking so hard.

U2's GA here were the cheapest at 50usd. Except the ones I had to go through an agency to get...those were 200. But I got on stage so it was totally worth it

I have heard of some bands being that cheap here, but it's usually some shitty thrash metal band nobody's heard of that thinks it's cool because they have a song called Pissing On Your Mother or something childish like that. They probably have just a demo disc out, on CD-Rs, recorded in their friend's basement, without any mixing.

Any band of any note is sure to cost you at least $25, and any coming from further afield than New Zealand is sure to cost even more.

I can't fucking wait for Porcupine Tree, that's going to make my year. :hyper:

djibouti.gif

Djibouti kind of looks like a messed up Pac Man trying to eat the sea.

Varitek said:
OK we are 11 away I will stick it out for the 5 minutes required for us to push into Djibouti.

and yeah getting 45d does not help.

Come oooooon Djibouti.

Axver said:

I have heard of some bands being that cheap here, but it's usually some shitty thrash metal band nobody's heard of that thinks it's cool because they have a song called Pissing On Your Mother or something childish like that. They probably have just a demo disc out, on CD-Rs, recorded in their friend's basement, without any mixing.

Any band of any note is sure to cost you at least $25, and any coming from further afield than New Zealand is sure to cost even more.

I can't fucking wait for Porcupine Tree, that's going to make my year. :hyper:

Maybe they charge more to compensate for their airfare? Maybe EITS is not as big here so they couldn't hcarge as much? (despite writing the soundtrack to a very popular football show.)

what's the xrate anyway?

Varitek said:

Movies cost 10-12 here, but a student discount might get you 2 bucks off if you are not hitting an opening night or whatever. U23d was IMAX so I believe it was about 16. Totally worth it, I'd love to see it again. My phone background right now is a semi-blurred Bono I took off the screen.

I go to movies so little that I don't even know if a student discount exists at cinemas here. I'm expecting to pay about $20 here since it's Imax, and I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's less.

Whatever the case, it looks like I'll get to hang out with a really cool group of Melburnian Interferencers.

Varitek said:

Maybe they charge more to compensate for their airfare? Maybe EITS is not as big here so they couldn't hcarge as much? (despite writing the soundtrack to a very popular football show.)

what's the xrate anyway?

Part of it was likely to do with the fact it's the first time EITS has come to Australia. Then yeah, there's the expense of flying themselves and their gear here, then the further expenses incurred due to how sparsely populated Australia is and how far they have to travel between each show.

Axver said:

I go to movies so little that I don't even know if a student discount exists at cinemas here. I'm expecting to pay about $20 here since it's Imax, and I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's less.

Whatever the case, it looks like I'll get to hang out with a really cool group of Melburnian Interferencers.

and it's a truly amazing cinematic experience. Even if I didn't like u2 I'd have been impressed with the 3d part - it really is like you're right there.

Varitek said:
1usd=1.07aud

Wow, that's really good. I remember when US$1 = AUS$2. But the wheels are really spectacularly coming off your economy, it seems.

Varitek said:
djibouti.gif

Djibouti kind of looks like a messed up Pac Man trying to eat the sea.

:lmao:

WE DID IT!

Making the Djibouti thread is all yours, Vazza, if you want/have time to do it.

Alright STOP

Axver 234
the tourist 153
Varitek 119
mysterious_jen 113
coolian2 97
liamcool 53
cinnaminson 44
Alisaura 34
COBL_04 29
unico 26
bono_man2002 23