The Aussie Chat Superthread - Page 66 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2008, 08:55 AM   #976
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by unico
all t his talk about food is making me hungry
Welcome to Axver's Not-Really-Gourmet Pseudo-Restaurant, may I take your order? You can have either 1. whatever Axver's willing to share or 2. whatever you bring.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-26-2008, 08:56 AM   #977
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:15 AM
why can't npr just play bbc news all morning? this is boooooring and i'm gonna leave 10 minutes into the always fascinating bbc world news

Old 02-26-2008, 08:56 AM   #978
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek
"the business of music is changing dramatically" no shit.

apparently some music magazine I've never heard of called No Depression is halting production
... I weep.

Meanwhile, awesome bands are still creating awesome music to legions of fans more than happy to go to concerts. I never would have even heard of EITS, let alone forked out for their gig, if it weren't for bit torrent.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-26-2008, 08:58 AM   #979
Vocal parasite

Quote:
why can't npr just play bbc news all morning? this is boooooring and i'm gonna leave 10 minutes into the always fascinating bbc world news
My only real complaint with my uni schedule for the upcoming semester is that I may miss out on some of SBS World News one or two nights a week. I like my world news! I like watching a news programme that covers elections in Pakistan and violence in Kenya and typhoons in the Philippines as its headline stories! Not "some sports star was seen out with some skank in Melbourne last night" as you'll see on Channels 7, 9, and 10.

Also, I will forever love SBS World News for having the headline "SHIT HAPPENS" once.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-26-2008, 09:00 AM   #980
Blue Crack Addict

YES! bbc world news, how I love you. though that chick has a really grating voice.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:01 AM   #981
Vocal parasite

Mary Kostakidis, Anton Enus, and Lee Lin Chin = best newsreaders ever.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-26-2008, 09:02 AM   #982
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

... I weep.

Meanwhile, awesome bands are still creating awesome music to legions of fans more than happy to go to concerts. I never would have even heard of EITS, let alone forked out for their gig, if it weren't for bit torrent.
EITS didn't really cost me enough to call it "forking over." 12 bucks plus 2.50 service.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:03 AM   #983
Blue Crack Addict

14.50, by the way, is less than I paid for U23d.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:04 AM   #984
Blue Crack Addict

Man I think I'm gonna have to do laundry soon. LAME. I don't have any quarters either, which will be prohibitive.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:05 AM   #985
Vocal parasite

Quote:

EITS didn't really cost me enough to call it "forking over." 12 bucks plus 2.50 service.
Holy shit, that's cheap. $42 here. I think $3 was the booking fee. Cheapest concert I've ever seen.

Porcupine Tree in April will be the next cheapest, at just a shade over $70.

It's not cheap to tour Australia. Though, ironically, although U2's GA tickets here were more expensive ($99), we still had the cheapest U2 tickets in the world. Factoring in the exchange rates, the $49 D Reserve seats in Sydney and Melbourne were the cheapest anywhere. I also imagine they sucked spectacularly.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-26-2008, 09:05 AM   #986
Blue Crack Addict

I feel like I am talking to myself. And I don't think we're gonna make it to 1000 before I leave
Old 02-26-2008, 09:06 AM   #987
Vocal parasite

Quote:
14.50, by the way, is less than I paid for U23d.
Wow.

I hate to think what it'll cost here. One reason why I almost never see movies nowadays is because how exorbitantly expense cinemas are in Melbourne. $12 seems to be a fairly average ticket price. And then I simply have to have my ~$5 frozen Coke, or it's just not a movie.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-26-2008, 09:07 AM   #988
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Holy shit, that's cheap. $42 here. I think $3 was the booking fee. Cheapest concert I've ever seen.

Porcupine Tree in April will be the next cheapest, at just a shade over $70.

It's not cheap to tour Australia. Though, ironically, although U2's GA tickets here were more expensive ($99), we still had the cheapest U2 tickets in the world. Factoring in the exchange rates, the $49 D Reserve seats in Sydney and Melbourne were the cheapest anywhere. I also imagine they sucked spectacularly.

EITS for 14.50 is a great price for me given that I'll have to shell out another 10 bucks in transport, thanks Philly for sucking so hard.

U2's GA here were the cheapest at 50usd. Except the ones I had to go through an agency to get...those were 200. But I got on stage so it was totally worth it
Old 02-26-2008, 09:07 AM   #989
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I feel like I am talking to myself. And I don't think we're gonna make it to 1000 before I leave
Could be worse. Could be me and notAxver arguing. That'd just be tragic. So I won't do that.

Getting 45ed doesn't help ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-26-2008, 09:08 AM   #990
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Wow.

I hate to think what it'll cost here. One reason why I almost never see movies nowadays is because how exorbitantly expense cinemas are in Melbourne. $12 seems to be a fairly average ticket price. And then I simply have to have my ~$5 frozen Coke, or it's just not a movie.
Movies cost 10-12 here, but a student discount might get you 2 bucks off if you are not hitting an opening night or whatever. U23d was IMAX so I believe it was about 16. Totally worth it, I'd love to see it again. My phone background right now is a semi-blurred Bono I took off the screen.

Tags
superthread