The Aussie Chat Superthread - Page 64 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2008, 08:06 AM   #946
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen

phail. the point is not to space it out .

but then again you arent an aussie so i forgive you .

its meant to be 5 an hour!
QFT

OK Red Light's start and guitar at points aren't that bad. But Jesus Bono how is this on the same album as NYD, SBS... Why does he have to yell? And what's up with this Love love love love crap?

Old 02-26-2008, 08:08 AM   #947
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

I can't imagine Red Light to Twilight, that's great. I can remember some elements of Red Light, but not the whole song - the horrible intro, the terrible sax, a couple of times when Bono's completely off key, and the fact a couple of lyrics aren't actually totally shithouse.

I've had the most productive day in a while. Though I'm not sure it's been too healthy, what with baking chocolate biscuits and muffins ...
It's pretty bad. I like sax, but they didn't get the hang of sax for this album.

I just remembered I bought cookies with my dinner last night...that would be a good breakfast!

Old 02-26-2008, 08:11 AM   #948
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:17 PM
ok thats it i gotta go

work tomorrow, although mental health day would be a winner

levae me a trail of crumbs to find you tomorrow
Old 02-26-2008, 08:12 AM   #949
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek

Yeah I just found it too simple/bouncy for U2. Mundane is a good word. I don't hate it like Miami or Red Light, but it was a huge disapointment.

Also the lyrics are just plain bland and simple.
Yeah, I felt let down by it. It was like "... well, yeah, that's the U2 song template, but so what?" I felt like I was looking at just a raw mathematical equation. Hell, Miami may suck, but at least it's doing something. WITS is just nothing.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-26-2008, 08:15 AM   #950
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Wow. I could drink all the water I'd want and if I had 1.5 bottles of wine I'd get drunk. I have a fairly high tolerance but wine does funny things to my head in large quantities.

Also good for you for drinking water...I only do that afterwards, and only sometimes does it forstall the hangover.
My father's a wine connossieur, his team were the New Zealand wine tasting champions some years back, so I grew up surrounded by wine. I guess that helped my tolerance, getting used to it at a young age. I'll normally drink two glasses of water to every glass of wine. When out at a restaurant, I can be known to hog the jug of water.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-26-2008, 08:15 AM   #951
Blue Crack Addict

sorry I got lost on facebook...
Old 02-26-2008, 08:15 AM   #952
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen
ok thats it i gotta go

work tomorrow, although mental health day would be a winner

levae me a trail of crumbs to find you tomorrow
Mental health day so you can keep postwhoring it up with us? Sounds good.

Have a good night! I'm sure you won't have a hard time finding us in Djibouti.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-26-2008, 08:17 AM   #953
Vocal parasite

Quote:

QFT

OK Red Light's start and guitar at points aren't that bad. But Jesus Bono how is this on the same album as NYD, SBS... Why does he have to yell? And what's up with this Love love love love crap?
I think Edge is the only one really trying on that song. Bono's vocals are dogshit, he's all over the place, and never quite where he should be. I still can't fathom how it made the album and Treasure didn't. I bet if Eno had been producing, he would've been all for the stream of consciousness Treasure being on there.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-26-2008, 08:18 AM   #954
Vocal parasite

Quote:

It's pretty bad. I like sax, but they didn't get the hang of sax for this album.

I just remembered I bought cookies with my dinner last night...that would be a good breakfast!
That's healthy ...

I don't have a problem with the sax itself, but it rarely ever works in rock music, at least not what I've heard. I hate how many Pink Floyd songs are ruined by sax. As Aardvark747 said in one of the current Pink Floyd Survivor threads on B&C, the start of Wearing The Inside Out sounds like an eighties coffee commercial.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-26-2008, 08:21 AM   #955
Blue Crack Addict

I often like violins in rock music.

This batch of cookies isn't as good as the ones I had the other night
Old 02-26-2008, 08:22 AM   #956
Vocal parasite

HOLY SHIT, MY AFGHANS WORKED!

At the start, you're meant to cream butter and sugar together. I accidentally threw in flour rather than sugar. I experimented a bit, and it seemed to work ... I've just let them cool and had a bite of one and it actually tastes better than my last batch, which was done the right way!

Now I just need to do the chocolate icing in the next half hour ...

*feels accomplished*

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-26-2008, 08:23 AM   #957
Blue Crack Addict

Either there's a yellow fever outbreak in memphis, or I missed something and they are talking about a historical outbreak.

What a nasty disease. Glad I have the vaccine.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:24 AM   #958
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
HOLY SHIT, MY AFGHANS WORKED!

At the start, you're meant to cream butter and sugar together. I accidentally threw in flour rather than sugar. I experimented a bit, and it seemed to work ... I've just let them cool and had a bite of one and it actually tastes better than my last batch, which was done the right way!

Now I just need to do the chocolate icing in the next half hour ...

*feels accomplished*

Even if you have the wrong name for them I really wanna try one of these. Or maybe 5.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:26 AM   #959
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Either there's a yellow fever outbreak in memphis, or I missed something and they are talking about a historical outbreak.

What a nasty disease. Glad I have the vaccine.
Let's quarantine Khan. By quarantine, I mean rescue her from the South and bring her to civilisation.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-26-2008, 08:27 AM   #960
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Even if you have the wrong name for them I really wanna try one of these. Or maybe 5.

I'm just going to go make the chocolate icing. Shouldn't take me long, as it's piss-easy to do. I'm really tempted one day to just make a pot of the stuff and sit here eating it, but that'd be grossly unhealthy.

You've got a few hundred posts to catch up on.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread