The Aussie Chat Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Varitek said:
I'm not gonna catch up, I think I'm actually gonna go to the gym.

:tsk: I've caught up on everything every morning.

Chocolate icing is bliss. :drool:

Can't pause, need to go ice these biscuits.

Varitek said:
come on and ice those biscuits so we can make it to djibouti before I leave!

I now have sixteen delicious looking iced Afghans. :drool:

How long are you going to be around?

I'll probably end up staying up very late as I have every intention of baking a batch of blueberry muffins before bed.

I will be around for about another 20 minutes I think...I am trying to figure out how I want to time the gym and lunch

fuckin hate the 45. according to NPR the music industry has collapsed btw.

Varitek said:
see I even called them biscuits even though they are so clearly COOKIES

Hey, so you did! Seemed so natural to me that I didn't even notice.

But to mark the occasion ...

Originally posted by Varitek

"the business of music is changing dramatically" no shit.

apparently some music magazine I've never heard of called No Depression is halting production

Varitek said:
I will be around for about another 20 minutes I think...I am trying to figure out how I want to time the gym and lunch

fuckin hate the 45. according to NPR the music industry has collapsed btw.

You think we can do roughly 30 posts in that time? I'm optimistic, though not overly confident.

And that's probably not wrong. It seems to me the big record labels have been trying to fight the tide rather than working with it, and that's always going to fail.

unico said:
all t his talk about food is making me hungry

Welcome to Axver's Not-Really-Gourmet Pseudo-Restaurant, may I take your order? You can have either 1. whatever Axver's willing to share or 2. whatever you bring.

why can't npr just play bbc news all morning? this is boooooring and i'm gonna leave 10 minutes into the always fascinating bbc world news :sad:

Varitek said:
"the business of music is changing dramatically" no shit.

apparently some music magazine I've never heard of called No Depression is halting production

... I weep.

Meanwhile, awesome bands are still creating awesome music to legions of fans more than happy to go to concerts. I never would have even heard of EITS, let alone forked out for their gig, if it weren't for bit torrent.

Varitek said:
why can't npr just play bbc news all morning? this is boooooring and i'm gonna leave 10 minutes into the always fascinating bbc world news :sad:

My only real complaint with my uni schedule for the upcoming semester is that I may miss out on some of SBS World News one or two nights a week. I like my world news! I like watching a news programme that covers elections in Pakistan and violence in Kenya and typhoons in the Philippines as its headline stories! Not "some sports star was seen out with some skank in Melbourne last night" as you'll see on Channels 7, 9, and 10.

Also, I will forever love SBS World News for having the headline "SHIT HAPPENS" once.

Mary Kostakidis, Anton Enus, and Lee Lin Chin = best newsreaders ever. :drool:

Axver said:

... I weep.

Meanwhile, awesome bands are still creating awesome music to legions of fans more than happy to go to concerts. I never would have even heard of EITS, let alone forked out for their gig, if it weren't for bit torrent.

EITS didn't really cost me enough to call it "forking over." 12 bucks plus 2.50 service.

Varitek said:

EITS didn't really cost me enough to call it "forking over." 12 bucks plus 2.50 service.

Holy shit, that's cheap. $42 here. I think $3 was the booking fee. Cheapest concert I've ever seen.

Porcupine Tree in April will be the next cheapest, at just a shade over $70.

It's not cheap to tour Australia. Though, ironically, although U2's GA tickets here were more expensive ($99), we still had the cheapest U2 tickets in the world. Factoring in the exchange rates, the $49 D Reserve seats in Sydney and Melbourne were the cheapest anywhere. I also imagine they sucked spectacularly.

Varitek said:
14.50, by the way, is less than I paid for U23d.

:lol: Wow.

I hate to think what it'll cost here. One reason why I almost never see movies nowadays is because how exorbitantly expense cinemas are in Melbourne. $12 seems to be a fairly average ticket price. And then I simply have to have my ~$5 frozen Coke, or it's just not a movie.

Axver said:

Holy shit, that's cheap. $42 here. I think $3 was the booking fee. Cheapest concert I've ever seen.

Porcupine Tree in April will be the next cheapest, at just a shade over $70.

It's not cheap to tour Australia. Though, ironically, although U2's GA tickets here were more expensive ($99), we still had the cheapest U2 tickets in the world. Factoring in the exchange rates, the $49 D Reserve seats in Sydney and Melbourne were the cheapest anywhere. I also imagine they sucked spectacularly.

:shocked:

EITS for 14.50 is a great price for me given that I'll have to shell out another 10 bucks in transport, thanks Philly for sucking so hard.

U2's GA here were the cheapest at 50usd. Except the ones I had to go through an agency to get...those were 200. But I got on stage so it was totally worth it

Varitek said:
I feel like I am talking to myself. And I don't think we're gonna make it to 1000 before I leave :sad:

Could be worse. Could be me and notAxver arguing. That'd just be tragic. So I won't do that.

Getting 45ed doesn't help ...

Axver said:

:lol: Wow.

I hate to think what it'll cost here. One reason why I almost never see movies nowadays is because how exorbitantly expense cinemas are in Melbourne. $12 seems to be a fairly average ticket price. And then I simply have to have my ~$5 frozen Coke, or it's just not a movie.

Movies cost 10-12 here, but a student discount might get you 2 bucks off if you are not hitting an opening night or whatever. U23d was IMAX so I believe it was about 16. Totally worth it, I'd love to see it again. My phone background right now is a semi-blurred Bono I took off the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom