The Aussie Chat Superthread - Page 32 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2008, 01:54 AM   #466
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by the tourist

My mom made homemade jam all while I was growing up. Strawberry, raspberry, and blackberry. The blackberry was fucking amazing. She doesn't make it anymore seeing as no one would use it nowadays, though.
BLACKBERRY JAM! Whenever I visited my grandmother, I'd take jars of the stuff home with me. The blueberry jam was divine too. There really is nothing like proper jam, grown in your own little garden and made at home.

Similarly, my mother made her own tomato sauce, grew all of her own vegetables, had a few apple trees, and so forth. Stuff bought in the supermarket has nothing on that.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-26-2008, 01:54 AM   #467
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:09 AM
Quote:

By the way, what the fuck is powerjuice??
i can show you powerjuice .

Old 02-26-2008, 01:55 AM   #468
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen
Hai how are we boys n girls
Oh hey, you made it! I was just about to send out an e-mail to you and Ali as I figured you'd be getting home from work around about now.

I suppose I should still e-mail Ali to make sure she finds her way here.

Bah, I only came back to make a couple of posts in between kitchen stuff and now look at me, posting away ...

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-26-2008, 01:56 AM   #469
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

My tram inconveniently - or conveniently, as the case may be - passes a block away from my place at one end and university at the other, so I've got to walk four blocks for a return journey, and when your university has 40,000 students, the campus is a decent size. It may not really sound like much, but it actually gets me walking a fair bit.
I have to do a bit of walking at school. But during break, I will go recreationally walking quite a bit. iPod out and wander around the back-streets.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:56 AM   #470
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

i can show you powerjuice .
No, I can show it to you!
Old 02-26-2008, 01:58 AM   #471
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Similarly, my mother made her own tomato sauce, grew all of her own vegetables, had a few apple trees, and so forth. Stuff bought in the supermarket has nothing on that.
My grandma does that--or I should say did that. She's 88 now, so she doesn't do too much of that stuff. Even though she and my grandpa (who is 90) still go golfing everyday.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:58 AM   #472
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:09 AM
i dunno about having our thread here for all and sundry to see our whorish ways. twas much better in secret.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:59 AM   #473
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
i dunno about having our thread here for all and sundry to see our whorish ways. twas much better in secret.
That was one of the few issues the mods had with us. Posting in the wrong forum.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:59 AM   #474
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I have to do a bit of walking at school. But during break, I will go recreationally walking quite a bit. iPod out and wander around the back-streets.
I have great trouble wandering aimlessly. I need a place to be, a destination to go, a reason to be out and about. I'm the kind of guy you see walking down the streets very fast, with clear purpose. I can honestly say nobody has ever passed me when I walk at my normal speed.

Though as it turns out, my run isn't all that much faster than my walk.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-26-2008, 02:01 AM   #475
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I have great trouble wandering aimlessly. I need a place to be, a destination to go, a reason to be out and about. I'm the kind of guy you see walking down the streets very fast, with clear purpose. I can honestly say nobody has ever passed me when I walk at my normal speed.

Though as it turns out, my run isn't all that much faster than my walk.
Oh I definitely walk fast, and have a destination. Or at least a plan. See, I walk the same general area a lot. It just all depends on how far I want to walk, how thirsty I get, etc. Somedays I'll be out 45 minutes. Others I'll be out 3 hours.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:01 AM   #476
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:39 AM
Homemade jam

We have a few homegrown vegetables too
Old 02-26-2008, 02:01 AM   #477
Vocal parasite

Quote:

My grandma does that--or I should say did that. She's 88 now, so she doesn't do too much of that stuff. Even though she and my grandpa (who is 90) still go golfing everyday.
My grandmother did until the start of this decade, when she moved to a new house and no longer had the garden large enough to do it. And with my grandfather's declining health, I don't think she would've had the energy. Now that he's passed away, I won't be surprised if she starts again, as something to do.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 02-26-2008, 02:02 AM   #478
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:39 AM
I love aimless walking, it's just a shame i only do it when i'm visiting another city.

Might start doing it around Auckland a bit
Old 02-26-2008, 02:02 AM   #479
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2
Homemade jam

We have a few homegrown vegetables too
It's hard for me to do that here. Even in the suburbs, there isn't much room to grow things like that.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:03 AM   #480
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Oh I definitely walk fast, and have a destination. Or at least a plan. See, I walk the same general area a lot. It just all depends on how far I want to walk, how thirsty I get, etc. Somedays I'll be out 45 minutes. Others I'll be out 3 hours.
I'm thinking that one day, I should just sit down with a map and plan out a route. I could stick with that. That's one good thing about inner Melbourne - sure, it's busy, but there's probably interesting places for me to walk.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread