The Aussie Chat Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
I've got a good tip on the tongs though! Crown Prince Alois von und zu Liechtenstein watched the soundcheck and says he saw Edge manipulating the strings with tongs!
Maybe they were a new hybrid pair of spatula-tongs! Spatongs... :hyper:

Hey Varitek :wave:

I'm heading out... seeya in Djibouti, folks :D

Varitek said:

Really? So you stop after like 2 glasses of wine? I mean, you can be fully drunk without being shitfaced enough to black out, puke, fall down stairs, etc. Usually I manage to stop before then :wink:

I have a high alcohol tolerance and I always space out my alcohol. I drink a lot of water as I go, and I tend to be drinking wine when I'm eating a lot, too. For example, on my 21st birthday, my father got out three 21 year old wines - a red, a white, and a port. I had a total of five glasses between 6 and 10pm. I didn't even get tipsy.

Axver said:

... I didn't know you knew how to sleep that much!

And I'm surprised you actually know the tune of WITS. :tsk:

I know the tune to every U2 song except Red Light. I literally cannot think of the tune of Red Light. I'm singing "Red Light" in my head to the tune of Twilight. FUck, that means I have to listen to enough of it to remember the tune so I don't continue to mar Twilight.

I sleep that much regularly on weekends. I'm suprised I had it in me too but when I go to bed at 10pm or whatever, there's no way I'm gonna be able to wake up before it gets light out anyway.

I shoudl go to the gym. It'll be like the healthiest day I've had in a long time.

Alisaura said:

Maybe they were a new hybrid pair of spatula-tongs! Spatongs... :hyper:

Hey Varitek :wave:

I'm heading out... seeya in Djibouti, folks :D

Ooh, now that'd be just like Edge. Not only redefine the guitar, but also redefine kitchen utensils! The Crown Prince probably just had trouble seeing the spatula elements from a distance.

See you there, have a good night! :wave:

mysterious_jen said:

has to utube WITS to remember how it goes .

:lol:

I don't like WITS, I don't think it's a good song at all, but I don't think it's horrible either. It's just so mundane, U2 by numbers. Coldplayesque, really. But I'd take it any day over songs like SYCMIOYO, OOTS, and Yahweh.

Axver said:

I have a high alcohol tolerance and I always space out my alcohol. I drink a lot of water as I go, and I tend to be drinking wine when I'm eating a lot, too. For example, on my 21st birthday, my father got out three 21 year old wines - a red, a white, and a port. I had a total of five glasses between 6 and 10pm. I didn't even get tipsy.

Wow. I could drink all the water I'd want and if I had 1.5 bottles of wine I'd get drunk. I have a fairly high tolerance but wine does funny things to my head in large quantities.

Also good for you for drinking water...I only do that afterwards, and only sometimes does it forstall the hangover.

Axver said:
Ooh, now that'd be just like Edge. Not only redefine the guitar, but also redefine kitchen utensils! The Crown Prince probably just had trouble seeing the spatula elements from a distance.

*can't think of the tune of Red Light either, except it's probably horrible*

*gone*

Axver said:

I don't like WITS, I don't think it's a good song at all, but I don't think it's horrible either. It's just so mundane, U2 by numbers. Coldplayesque, really. But I'd take it any day over songs like SYCMIOYO, OOTS, and Yahweh.

Yeah I just found it too simple/bouncy for U2. Mundane is a good word. I don't hate it like Miami or Red Light, but it was a huge disapointment.

Also the lyrics are just plain bland and simple.

Axver said:

phail. the point is not to space it out .

but then again you arent an aussie so i forgive you .

its meant to be 5 an hour!

Varitek said:
I know the tune to every U2 song except Red Light. I literally cannot think of the tune of Red Light. I'm singing "Red Light" in my head to the tune of Twilight. FUck, that means I have to listen to enough of it to remember the tune so I don't continue to mar Twilight.

:lol: I can't imagine Red Light to Twilight, that's great. I can remember some elements of Red Light, but not the whole song - the horrible intro, the terrible sax, a couple of times when Bono's completely off key, and the fact a couple of lyrics aren't actually totally shithouse.

I shoudl go to the gym. It'll be like the healthiest day I've had in a long time.

I've had the most productive day in a while. Though I'm not sure it's been too healthy, what with baking chocolate biscuits and muffins ...

mysterious_jen said:

phail. the point is not to space it out .

but then again you arent an aussie so i forgive you .

its meant to be 5 an hour!

QFT

OK Red Light's start and guitar at points aren't that bad. But Jesus Bono how is this on the same album as NYD, SBS... Why does he have to yell? And what's up with this Love love love love crap?

Axver said:

:lol: I can't imagine Red Light to Twilight, that's great. I can remember some elements of Red Light, but not the whole song - the horrible intro, the terrible sax, a couple of times when Bono's completely off key, and the fact a couple of lyrics aren't actually totally shithouse.

I've had the most productive day in a while. Though I'm not sure it's been too healthy, what with baking chocolate biscuits and muffins ...

It's pretty bad. I like sax, but they didn't get the hang of sax for this album.

I just remembered I bought cookies with my dinner last night...that would be a good breakfast!

Varitek said:

Yeah I just found it too simple/bouncy for U2. Mundane is a good word. I don't hate it like Miami or Red Light, but it was a huge disapointment.

Also the lyrics are just plain bland and simple.

Yeah, I felt let down by it. It was like "... well, yeah, that's the U2 song template, but so what?" I felt like I was looking at just a raw mathematical equation. Hell, Miami may suck, but at least it's doing something. WITS is just nothing.

Varitek said:

Wow. I could drink all the water I'd want and if I had 1.5 bottles of wine I'd get drunk. I have a fairly high tolerance but wine does funny things to my head in large quantities.

Also good for you for drinking water...I only do that afterwards, and only sometimes does it forstall the hangover.

My father's a wine connossieur, his team were the New Zealand wine tasting champions some years back, so I grew up surrounded by wine. I guess that helped my tolerance, getting used to it at a young age. I'll normally drink two glasses of water to every glass of wine. When out at a restaurant, I can be known to hog the jug of water.

mysterious_jen said:
ok thats it i gotta go

work tomorrow, although mental health day would be a winner :hmm:

:hug: levae me a trail of crumbs to find you tomorrow

Mental health day so you can keep postwhoring it up with us? Sounds good. :wink:

Have a good night! I'm sure you won't have a hard time finding us in Djibouti. :wave:

Varitek said:

QFT

OK Red Light's start and guitar at points aren't that bad. But Jesus Bono how is this on the same album as NYD, SBS... Why does he have to yell? And what's up with this Love love love love crap?

I think Edge is the only one really trying on that song. Bono's vocals are dogshit, he's all over the place, and never quite where he should be. I still can't fathom how it made the album and Treasure didn't. I bet if Eno had been producing, he would've been all for the stream of consciousness Treasure being on there.

Varitek said:

It's pretty bad. I like sax, but they didn't get the hang of sax for this album.

I just remembered I bought cookies with my dinner last night...that would be a good breakfast!

:lol: That's healthy ...

I don't have a problem with the sax itself, but it rarely ever works in rock music, at least not what I've heard. I hate how many Pink Floyd songs are ruined by sax. As Aardvark747 said in one of the current Pink Floyd Survivor threads on B&C, the start of Wearing The Inside Out sounds like an eighties coffee commercial.

HOLY SHIT, MY AFGHANS WORKED!

At the start, you're meant to cream butter and sugar together. I accidentally threw in flour rather than sugar. I experimented a bit, and it seemed to work ... I've just let them cool and had a bite of one and it actually tastes better than my last batch, which was done the right way!

Now I just need to do the chocolate icing in the next half hour ...

*feels accomplished*

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Either there's a yellow fever outbreak in memphis, or I missed something and they are talking about a historical outbreak.

What a nasty disease. Glad I have the vaccine.

Axver said:
HOLY SHIT, MY AFGHANS WORKED!

At the start, you're meant to cream butter and sugar together. I accidentally threw in flour rather than sugar. I experimented a bit, and it seemed to work ... I've just let them cool and had a bite of one and it actually tastes better than my last batch, which was done the right way!

Now I just need to do the chocolate icing in the next half hour ...

*feels accomplished*

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Even if you have the wrong name for them I really wanna try one of these. Or maybe 5.

Varitek said:
Either there's a yellow fever outbreak in memphis, or I missed something and they are talking about a historical outbreak.

What a nasty disease. Glad I have the vaccine.

Let's quarantine Khan. By quarantine, I mean rescue her from the South and bring her to civilisation. :wink:

Varitek said:

Even if you have the wrong name for them I really wanna try one of these. Or maybe 5.

I'm just going to go make the chocolate icing. Shouldn't take me long, as it's piss-easy to do. I'm really tempted one day to just make a pot of the stuff and sit here eating it, but that'd be grossly unhealthy.

You've got a few hundred posts to catch up on. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom