The Aussie Chat Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent much of high school on Blue Crack. Until the school website blocked it , for bad language! :lol:

The setlist parties over 2005/06 were the best Times I've ever had on these boards.

Hope I'm still around for the next tour. The way we used technology for those setlist parties was just so cool, even if it sounded like U2 were playing on the other side of the planet, and underwater!

bono_man2002 said:
I spent much of high school on Blue Crack. Until the school website blocked it , for bad language! :lol:

:lol: Interference was blocked for much of the time at mine too, I think. Using Babelfish's page translator, though, I could get around it. I remember mainly using that for LJ though.

I spent SHITLOADS of time during high school on elevation-tour.com reading setlists, as it wasn't blocked. That's where I got all my knowledge. Then, of course, in early 2005, U2VT came along and after some communication, I found myself onboard as co-maintainer. I still think of myself as a fan of elevation-tour.com/U2VT (and U2Setlists.com too, same backend database) first and foremost. Just a very lucky fan who gets to work on the site too.

The setlist parties over 2005/06 were the best Times I've ever had on these boards.

Hope I'm still around for the next tour. The way we used technology for those setlist parties was just so cool, even if it sounded like U2 were playing on the other side of the planet, and underwater!

Oh shit yes. Those were so much fun and I really can't wait for the next tour. I wonder if gorman will be able to pull off live streaming video? We've talked about it before and it may just be possible, you never know ...

Alisaura said:
I'll keep my fingers in my ears until the album comes out :wink:

Don't worry, if you just post on these threads, you won't find out anything new. Well, you might, but in the midst of all of our bullshit, you won't know what's true and what isn't, so you're cool. When you first listen to the album, you'd probably get a shock that something we mentioned was in fact vaguely accurate. :wink:

"Wow, so they weren't kidding about Edge using a ukulele!"

hmm i dont know if i can make another 90 something replys to finnish the thread either, wine is kicking in , i guess i will seeyou in the monstermuthafucking aussie thread part 2 tomorrow???

Alisaura said:

I thought it was Adam on ukulele? Or was he redefining bass with spoons.... :scratch:

Adam was redefining bass with spoons. I wonder if he'll use sporks too?

mysterious_jen said:
hmm i dont know if i can make another 90 something replys to finnish the thread either, wine is kicking in , i guess i will seeyou in the monstermuthafucking aussie thread part 2 tomorrow???

Less than 90 to go now. :drool:

I'm sure if a couple of the Yanks turn up, we can quickly push this thing through to 1,000 and start on the Djibouti Chat.

well i can hang in a little longer.

axver i was reading your blog. you are far too fucking intelligent for your own good.

(jelous- lost all intellect i had many years ago- tooooo much DRINKING )

Alisaura said:
Sporks? Whoah, experimental.... :drool:

*sticks around long enough to copy CD for co-worker*

It better be a Porcupine Tree CD. :drool:

It's not? Boo ... :(

Perhaps Edge will get in on the act and start redefining the guitar with tongs?

mysterious_jen said:
axver i was reading your blog. you are far too fucking intelligent for your own good.

(jelous- lost all intellect i had many years ago- tooooo much DRINKING )

:lol: Thanks. Just working on a fairly mundane entry for today. But I'm just amazed at how productive I've been.

And what, there's actually something in my idea of drinking in moderation? :ohmy:

Axver said:
It better be a Porcupine Tree CD. :drool:

It's not? Boo ... :(

Perhaps Edge will get in on the act and start redefining the guitar with tongs?
Nope, Afro Celt Sound System... :wink:

Tongs... :hmm: ... Nah, I see Edge as more of a spatula guy. :yes:

mysterious_jen said:
hey axver where is my set list zip? i wont let it die!

Oh, we're thinking of doing a really good one. And by really good, I mean really bad, emphasising how hoaxtastic it all was. For example, some of the snippets aren't real. So I'm thinking we should just add them ourselves. Sing them over the top. I could recite that Moby Dick snippet over Streets' intro in an intentionally bad Irish accent. It could be absolutely hysterical.

Axver said:

:lol: Thanks. Just working on a fairly mundane entry for today. But I'm just amazed at how productive I've been.

And what, there's actually something in my idea of drinking in moderation? :ohmy:

moderation is a big word when you start drinking as young as i did. :sad:

eh :shrug:

fucked up and proud?

Alisaura said:
Tongs... :hmm: ... Nah, I see Edge as more of a spatula guy. :yes:

I've got a good tip on the tongs though! Crown Prince Alois von und zu Liechtenstein watched the soundcheck and says he saw Edge manipulating the strings with tongs!

I think I just slept 9 hours. Maybe 10...when did I last post in here?

to the tune of WITS:
sleep debt has been remoo-ooo-oo-ooved

Axver said:

Oh, we're thinking of doing a really good one. And by really good, I mean really bad, emphasising how hoaxtastic it all was. For example, some of the snippets aren't real. So I'm thinking we should just add them ourselves. Sing them over the top. I could recite that Moby Dick snippet over Streets' intro in an intentionally bad Irish accent. It could be absolutely hysterical.

:ohmy: a bad irish / kiwi/ australian (snippet) accent?

won't somebody think of the children ?????

mysterious_jen said:
moderation is a big word when you start drinking as young as i did. :sad:

eh :shrug:

fucked up and proud?

I started drinking very young. I can remember having sips of my father's wine and grandfather's beer as a matter of course when I was three. Graduated to my own little glasses at family dinners not too much later. By the time I was seven, I had a favourite wine - Ata Rangi pinot noir. Good stuff, that.

But I've never actually been drunk. I guess I just got to know my limit and I'm not comfortable going beyond it.

Varitek said:
I think I just slept 9 hours. Maybe 10...when did I last post in here?

to the tune of WITS:
sleep debt has been remoo-ooo-oo-ooved

... I didn't know you knew how to sleep that much!

And I'm surprised you actually know the tune of WITS. :tsk:

Axver said:

But I've never actually been drunk. I guess I just got to know my limit and I'm not comfortable going beyond it.

Really? So you stop after like 2 glasses of wine? I mean, you can be fully drunk without being shitfaced enough to black out, puke, fall down stairs, etc. Usually I manage to stop before then :wink:

mysterious_jen said:
:ohmy: a bad irish / kiwi/ australian (snippet) accent?

won't somebody think of the children ?????

It would be amazing. :hyper:

The children can go hang out with Helen Lovejoy if things get desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom